Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 4 Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

You could also get EA Access, that's 25 a year and you would have access to BF4, Hardline, Titanfall, and a rake of other games as well.

He's on ps4 not xb1

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Icaras

Id go premium if its not that much more expensive. Second assault and china rising are good value.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

The servers seem to be broken tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

They whole ea network was down for a few hours. It's grand now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭brady12

after well over a year of being off this my squad and i have decided to saddle up and go back into action,much changed in 12 months ?

• Advertisement

brady12 wrote:
    after well over a year of being off this my squad and i have decided to saddle up and go back into action,much changed in 12 months ?

60 tick servers are probably the biggest change.

Nerf's on everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

The only viable tactic I could see for the shield would be for the two CQC maps(Locker/Metro) but more so the team attacking up the stairs on Metro.

Would take a lot of co-ordination though and good luck but if a few men wide used shields to punch a hole and get a group up into an attacking area.

Probably one more for competitive team play.

I find it not too difficult to get up them stairs on Metro, throw two smoke nades, and run like hell. Problem with having a lot of players at them stairs, is enemy team will put more emphasis on defending it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭game4it70

Just played Dragon Valley,its fecking huge.If you like using tanks/lavs i'd say it will be fun for you bar being locked onto regularly from lots of different places.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Picked up BF4 at launch and wasn't a big fan. Seems to be getting a lot of praise now and they've changed a lot by the looks of it.

Might pop into CEX and pick it up again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,956 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Is it worth investing time into this game as a new player? Still plenty of players playing?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

On xbox there is anyway cause it's free on ea access

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

game4it70 wrote: »
    Just played Dragon Valley,its fecking huge.If you like using tanks/lavs i'd say it will be fun for you bar being locked onto regularly from lots of different places.

Its actually smaller than the original BF2 map,great map though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,376 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Liamalone wrote: »
    Is it worth investing time into this game as a new player? Still plenty of players playing?

Was thinking the same myself! Looking to pick the PS4 version. Is it still easy to get a game :)

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Liamalone wrote: »

Apparently BF4 is more popular than Battlefront on most platforms so there's plenty of players and lots of servers to choose from.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Dcully wrote: »

It doesn't feel like it, mind you.... its been a while :)

I got a great buzz hearing that old theme tune again!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭game4it70

Dcully wrote: »
    Really? I played it on BF2 a fair bit and this version feels huge to me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Had this on PC and used a controller, used to score around the middle at the end of Team Deathmatch, have it now on Xbox one and I keep coming first and second, so much easier when everyone has a even playing field, graphics are alot better on pc though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Really? I played it on BF2 a fair bit and this version feels huge to me :D

Its deffo way smaller, Bf2 from carrier to airstrip distance was huge.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Anyone seen the easter egg ? Number of switches that change the lights at the temple. Seems like activating them in the correct way will cause something to happen.

Yeah there are 6 switches on DV. Lots of speculation as to what they do. I'd say it's a landslide like on lumphini garden. There's a post on reddit.com/r/battlefield4.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭paul_booth_fan

I definitely ain't got time for this one :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

I never remembered BF2 Dragon Valley being so big...

Lord Nikon wrote: »
    I never remembered BF2 Dragon Valley being so big...

On of the biggest maps in the game, too hard to make it Bf4.

good cover of it tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Finished downloading all the updates and the free maps last night. Its really improved from the early days of release. Most of issue's i had have been completely fixed!

Dragon Valley is really fun! It's a Chopper's paradise if you have a decent pilot and gunner.
    Will try join up with a clan so solo play doesn't become stale.

takes a while to get going lad who made the video wants you to see him for a while.

But the 2 lads.....jaysis

I see they are both banned,great stuff.

• Advertisement

I was a massive critic of the state BF4 shipped in, netcode was a total joke, i said it many times early days on this forum and got slated for it by certain members here, one even tried to tell me there is no such thing as netcode :rolleyes:

Anyway the game is now vastly improved, many of us quit for a long time, i know many who still haven't tried it it over 18 months, seriously these people need to play it again, it has changed dramatically, it took two years but better late than never.

Advertisement