Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How I Met Your Mother - Season 9

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Raf32 wrote: »
    Just on the laptop now, last nights episode worth a watch?

yup :D

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Callanutd

Aside from one or two weak moments (Lilly trying to scare Robin) this was a good episode. More of a return to the HIMYM of old. Probably helped that there was only a tiny bit in the hotel. As a seperate point does anyone else find the "Mother" very unlikeable?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

The Mother seems like a bit of an annoying know it all alright, but in fairness that makes her perfect for Ted...

The last episode was decent, it's good to see Marshall with the group again. The wedding thing was tired after one episode, I can't believe anyone thought it was a good idea to stretch it over an entire season

phasers wrote: »
    The wedding thing was tired after one episode, I can't believe anyone thought it was a good idea to stretch it over an entire season

It makes no sense. The fact that they're having episode-long flashbacks shows how quickly they realised it was a bad idea to have it. There isn't the strength in the storyline nor the writers to write it near to real-time, or near real-time and they obviously realised that quite early on but were already just too invested in the idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

great episode, definitely the best of the season so far, nothing beats single Barney :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,991 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

I really wish they would do a 6-8 episode run of flashbacks away from the wedding setting. When Barney can't be Single Barney the whole show falls apart very quickly, so last week's episode was a nice return to form. Unfortunately it looks like we're back to the wedding venue again in the next ep.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭guttenberg

I just wish they'd get married and be done with it. They are ruining(IMO) what was once a decent show by dragging it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celica00

is it just me or does the mother look alot like lily?

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Rob30888

This is such a painfully bad season. It's such a chore to watch which is a shame as the show was so brilliant not that long ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

I've heard this season has been ****e. I was a big fan of the earlier seasons but it's gotten terrible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Ahhhhh its grand

Christ, that was awful. That rhyming was doing my head in!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Not even half way through this episode & I hate it. WHY WOULD THEY DO THAT IN AN EPISODE?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

I rather liked it, it's the first time they've even tried to be inventive in a very long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭guttenberg

We are only halfway through the season, how much longer can they postpone the actual ceremony?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

back to being dire i see

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celica00

that wasnt an easy one ha, didnt like it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭coolisin

What the fook was that about!

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Compak

NO, JUST NO!

I am not watching this crap.

the first minute and a few fast forwards to see it did not change was enough for me

Thanks HIMYM, but I dont like to be treated like a two year old

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Average-Ro

AAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! THIS F*CKING SHOW!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,488 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Seriously, f*ck this show, f*ck this show in it's ass.

Got half way through and turned it off. Won't be watching HIMYM ever again. Struggled through the last 2 seasons just to see how the show ends but this episode was the final straw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

So I should delete it and not watch it? I just want to see the moment he actually meets the mother. Thats all I want from this show.

I dont care about this Barney & Robin wedding, which lets face it, was an idea born purely out of the writing team running out of all other options.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

i've decided based on the reviews here that i'm not going to waste my time watching this week's episode

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

That was dire. It felt like I had gone 12 rounds with Ali, while he was rhyming at me.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭srfc19

I actually quite enjoyed it. I've always enjoyed the episodes that are a little weird.

Actually laughed out loud for the first time in a long time watching HIMYM

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭certifiedcrepe

Quite liked it to be honest! Found the ending sweet when it was said the fireworks became Marvin's first memory.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭seiphil

Watched 5 minutes of it and off it went.

This show should of ended years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

Gone to shhit, hasn't it!

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Callanutd

awful, awful, awful

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

smashed-computer.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Slime Princess

Its thoroughly utterly unwatchable.

At the beginning of this season I held onto the vague hope that it would pick up a little once Marshall rejoined the rest of the cast, but I really, really, really doubt that its going to happen. :(

Advertisement