Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IPhone 5S availability in Belfast

Options

Comments

billie1b wrote: »
    Oh no, disaster, not a good idea but glad he got one

I got my iPhone 4 on an 18 month contract with Vodafone. Said to myself "never again". I'm growing impatient for a 5S now because the 4 has gotten so slow recently.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 5,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭culabula

Oh no, disaster, not a good idea but glad he got one

Then he compounded his error by going home and restoring a backup from his previous iPhone 3 on to it "so that he didn't have to enter his contacts manually".

Sometimes, I sob myself to sleep.

Another mate, scored an immaculate, unlocked, 5s from GAME or one of those shops on Tuesday for 100GBP less than Apple. A trade-in. In addition, he's a handsome git. Some people.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

culabula wrote: »
    Then he compounded his error by going home and restoring a backup from his previous iPhone 3 on to it "so that he didn't have to enter his contacts manually".

Slightly off topic but what way are you supposed to do it?

SnowDrifts wrote: »
    Slightly off topic but what way are you supposed to do it?

Well, in the first place, I would never put a backup with elements of iOS 4.3 on it on my shiny new iPhone 5s, made for iOS 7.

Secondly he has two iPads. These and their sister MacBook should have all his contacts in iCloud.

Thirdly, I worked out how to sync my contacts, bookmarks etc OTA on my iPhone 3, still going strong, so it can be done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

culabula wrote: »
    Well, in the first place, I would never put a backup with elements of iOS 4.3 on it on my shiny new iPhone 5s, made for iOS 7.

Secondly he has two iPads. These and their sister MacBook should have all his contacts in iCloud.

Thirdly, I worked out how to sync my contacts, bookmarks etc OTA on my iPhone 3, still going strong, so it can be done.

I'll google it ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

I'll be in Dublin around the middle of November and just wondering is it still better value to try get one in Belfast, even factoring in diesel costs? If they had none is still pick up the 5C for herself so wouldn't be a wasted journey.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭billie1b

I'll be in Dublin around the middle of November and just wondering is it still better value to try get one in Belfast, even factoring in diesel costs? If they had none is still pick up the 5C for herself so wouldn't be a wasted journey.

I live on the Dublin / Meath border, costs me €30 on diesel in a 2.5td engine to get there and back and about 1hr 45mins each way

SnowDrifts wrote: »
    I'll google it ;)

I'll post screenshots of the successful settings.

Aircoach is 16€ return online. Comfortable, fast, frequent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Sold me own iPhone 5 today for €450 debating whether to go up later in the week prob Thursday or wait till launch here.

• Advertisement

Sold me own iPhone 5 today for €450 debating whether to go up later in the week prob Thursday or wait till launch here.

Fook it, going spin up to Belfast thursday morning & see if I get lucky. I want to pick up a 5S 32gb in any of the colours, fingers crossed!

Fook it, going spin up to Belfast thursday morning & see if I get lucky. I want to pick up a 5S 32gb in any of the colours, fingers crossed!

Let me know how you do! I'd do it myself only I work during the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭kittytwister

Got the 5S in Belfast last Fri. Had to take 64 Gb but delighted with it and in fairness the staff there are a joy to deal with.

Ideally I'd want a silver 32GB but I'd take a 64GB and/or any colour.

Karsini wrote: »
    Let me know how you do! I'd do it myself only I work during the week.

Will do, hopefully I am not empty handed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

Heading up in the morning myself hope I dont come back empty handed I will report back in the morning.

Heading up in the morning myself hope I dont come back empty handed I will report back in the morning.

Cheers hopefully plenty of stock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 KrisR

I went up last Wednesday and they had no 5s' whatsoever :(... Good luck though.

YES !! Got a 32gb space grey delighted the guys in store would'nt give me figures but they had gold 64gb and 32gb space grey in stock @10.05 thanks to all on this thread happy hunting to the rest.

YES !! Got a 32gb space grey delighted the guys in store would'nt give me figures but they had gold 64gb and 32gb space grey in stock @10.05 thanks to all on this thread happy hunting to the rest.

Happy Days....hopefully the same for me tomorrow!

• Advertisement

I got the last 64gb Gold iPhone 5S at 10.30 this morning. The apple dude didn't sound confident about getting a delivery today.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

What are the chances of having my launch Space Grey 5s swapped for a Silver 5s?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

mad muffin wrote: »
    What are the chances of having my launch Space Grey 5s swapped for a Silver 5s?

Swapped...unlikely.
    Returned under 30 days for a refund and waiting for a silver....more likely.

I've had black iPhones since the very first one but I must admit the silver looks nicer than space grey.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭billie1b

Zcott wrote: »
    Swapped...unlikely.

I've had black iPhones since the very first one but I must admit the silver looks nicer than space grey.

I had white from the start and changed to black and space grey this time around, think I made a mistake, its nice but prefer the original Apple white products

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

I had white from the start and changed to black and space grey this time around, think I made a mistake, its nice but prefer the original Apple white products

I think the black iPhone 5 was the nicest of the lot. The grey band around the 5S looks like the old iPhone 4 design, which was nice, but it's a few years ago.

Also, iOS 7 really suits that brighter phone.

Swapped...unlikely.

I should have pulled the finger out and returned it sooner :( 30 days is this Sunday.

I suppose I could sell it on adverts and order a silver on on apple.ie

Also, iOS 7 really suits that brighter phone.

That's the main reason I want to swap. After seeking iOS 7 on my wife's white 4S, I prefer it much more.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭siobhanoh

That's the main reason I want to swap. After seeking iOS 7 on my wife's white 4S, I prefer it much more.

I toyed with the idea of getting the black iPhone 5 as it does look slicker when the screen is off but I ended up getting white to go with my iPad.

Anybody else think that the white is feminine and the black is masculine??:rolleyes:

I have the following order of preference with my mate in the US

1. Gold 32gb
    2. Gold 64gb
    3. Gold 16gb
    4. Silver 32gb
    5. Silver 64gb
    6. Space Grey 32gb
    7. Space Grey 64gb
    8. Silver 16gb
    9. Space Grey 16gb

I'm thinking of sticking the Silver 16gb ahead into 6th place. I think whatever I get I'll probably end up trying to swap for a gold somehow!

I should have pulled the finger out and returned it sooner :( 30 days is this Sunday.

I suppose I could sell it on adverts and order a silver on on apple.ie

I think you would be mad to to sell on adverts bite the bullet and return it. Then again you are mad muffin.

• Advertisement

I think you would be mad to to sell on adverts bite the bullet and return it. Then again you are mad muffin.

I know but I won't be able to get back to Belfast by Sunday.

Advertisement