Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IPhone 5S availability in Belfast

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Fireflyer18

In store at 14:00 today- no 5s in stock

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

I just bought one from eBay. Opened and used for 15 minutes apparently and it was £485 instead of Apple's £549.

Will let you guys know if I receive a rock in a box instead...

Those of you who have gone up to Belfast, how did you pay for it? Would I be OK with using my Visa Debit card up there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

Karsini wrote: »
    Those of you who have gone up to Belfast, how did you pay for it? Would I be OK with using my Visa Debit card up there?

Visa Debit is fine - you can use that world wide.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Mis_max

I'm planning on buying a 5s 16GB to replace my old blackberry. I was planning on ordering online for delivery to family in the North but then saw on the website that they will set your phone up for you in store and move your contacts over etc.

I know stock levels in the Belfast store haven't been great so is it possible to order by phone and they will tell you when you can come in and collect?

Also any idea how long the order time would be for a silver or gold 5s at the moment?

I plan to use it with Tesco mobile prepay (I'm on an old plan where I get 15 GB of data plus loads of calls and texts for 25 euro a month) so I have ordered a nano sim. Would I just take that and my blackberry into the Belfast store and they would do the rest?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 5,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭culabula

Mis_max wrote: »
    I'm planning on buying a 5s 16GB to replace my old blackberry. I was planning on ordering online for delivery to family in the North but then saw on the website that they will set your phone up for you in store and move your contacts over etc.

I know stock levels in the Belfast store haven't been great so is it possible to order by phone and they will tell you when you can come in and collect?

Also any idea how long the order time would be for a silver or gold 5s at the moment?

I plan to use it with Tesco mobile prepay (I'm on an old plan where I get 15 GB of data plus loads of calls and texts for 25 euro a month) so I have ordered a nano sim. Would I just take that and my blackberry into the Belfast store and they would do the rest?

Well, if they say so, then they will, though in my experience getting contacts off a Blackberry is a major pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭alexlyons

Would I just take that and my blackberry into the Belfast store and they would do the rest?

you'll need a genius bar appointment, book here.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭dave oc

Some carphone warehouse stores (dundrum, henry st, swords) have a device to copy contacts and other data between phones. It's charged (9.99) but its an option if you can make it to the belfast Apple store.

Thanks - my main question though was if anyone knows if I can order one over the phone to come into the store to be sure I don't waste my journey. I tried to ring the store earlier today but was in a queue of 8 people so I'll try later

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭billie1b

Thanks - my main question though was if anyone knows if I can order one over the phone to come into the store to be sure I don't waste my journey. I tried to ring the store earlier today but was in a queue of 8 people so I'll try later

No you cant order over the phone, I have tried that, its strictly in shop only and they wont even hold one if you ask

• Advertisement

Ah right, that is a real pain then. Thanks for letting me know that and saving me spending ages on hold on the phone.

Might be back to ordering on line then

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭billie1b

Ah right, that is a real pain then. Thanks for letting me know that and saving me spending ages on hold on the phone.

Might be back to ordering on line then

No problem, I wish you luck in your order

Woo! Took a chance this morning and went up to Belfast. Came back with a 64GB Space Grey. :D I intended to get a 32GB silver but they had none. They do have 32GB Space Grey at the moment too.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭siobhanoh

Karsini wrote: »
    Woo! Took a chance this morning and went up to Belfast. Came back with a 64GB Space Grey. :D I intended to get a 32GB silver but they had none. They do have 32GB Space Grey at the moment too.

What time was that at?! They said they had no stock last night and I went to Belfast this morning and they said they don't get deliveries at the weekend?!!! :(

siobhanoh wrote: »
    What time was that at?! They said they had no stock last night and I went to Belfast this morning and they said they don't get deliveries at the weekend?!!! :(

Hmm, sounds odd! I got it around 12 today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭SK1979

Any signs of pricing details from any of the Irish carriers?

Presume there's no chance of anything different to the norm? circa 200e for a 16gb on a 40-45e 24 month contract etc? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

SK1979 wrote: »
    Any signs of pricing details from any of the Irish carriers?

Presume there's no chance of anything different to the norm? circa 200e for a 16gb on a 40-45e 24 month contract etc? :rolleyes:
    Won't be any pricing from the network carriers until the official release day.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,436 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Well it's normally a day or two before.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Evil Sausage

Already stated in the other thread, O2 just said they plan on releasing prices tomorrow.

Network carriers nearly always list their prices before launch day.

Advertisement