Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IPhone 5S availability in Belfast

Options
  • 23-09-2013 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Anyone know anything about the availability of the 5S in apple store in Belfast, i know it sold out on friday but just wondering if anyone knows when the are expected back in, thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

daz2003 wrote: »
    Anyone know anything about the availability of the 5S in apple store in Belfast, i know it sold out on friday but just wondering if anyone knows when the are expected back in, thanks

You'll probably get a better answer if you call them.

Also please post back for anyone else that see this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 daz2003

tried calling them today and after being on hold for 24 minutes the told me they cant give out delivery info for security reasons so the call left me none the wiser so thought id give here a try

tried calling them today and after being on hold for 24 minutes the told me they cant give out delivery info for security reasons so the call left me none the wiser so thought id give here a try

Ok. Not trying to be smart here but if the store workers can't tell you how would people on boards know?

The workers can't officially tell me but I've found ppl on boards seem to be fairly well informed plus I was hoping ppl could post up info of they hear anything in the next few days

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

What a load of crap.

They cant tell customers when they will have stock for fear of it being hijacked, seriously.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

mdwexford wrote: »
    What a load of crap.

They cant tell customers when they will have stock for fear of it being hijacked, seriously.

You didn't hear about the 2 pallets of iPad minis being hijacked in New York last year then?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭drumzone

order one on the uk site...only thing is you will need an address in the north,or know someone that has...you will at least have it before it comes to ireland,and not at the rip off prices that some people are looking for the ones they q'd for last friday and selling to make a quick buck.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Yogic

drumzone wrote: »
    order one on the uk site...only thing is you will need an address in the north,or know someone that has...you will at least have it before it comes to ireland,and not at the rip off prices that some people are looking for the ones they q'd for last friday and selling to make a quick buck.

Order one on the UK site and get it delivered to Parcel Motel. First two deliveries are free.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

whiterebel wrote: »
    You didn't hear about the 2 pallets of iPad minis being hijacked in New York last year then?

Nope I did not.

So now Apple store can't inform possible customers when they will have stock?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

... So now Apple store can't inform possible customers when they will have stock?
    Sshhh. It's on a strict "need to know basis" and customers don't need to know. "That'll be a gazillion bucks please sir. When will sir have his Apple gizmo? Why sir, that might spoil the surprise. Have a nice wait sir, and remember Xanax are cheap."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭Jofspring

I went into an apple store in Florida looking for a 4s when it came out and they told me that a delivery was due but they didn't know what time it was coming in or the quantity. It was up to us then if we wanted to hang around and wait. It seems to be the way they do it everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭TheBigGreen

I just rang the Apple Store there and the lad said that they aren't told when the shipment is coming but hinted maybe tomorrow or Thursday.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Nope I did not.

So now Apple store can't inform possible customers when they will have stock?

Too much information about deliveries and their various stages in the logistics supply chain make Apple an extremely juicy target. In the NY job a security guard became suspicious and they buggered off leaving 3 more pallets behind, which would have been a total haul of $6.25M. It was an inside job, so Apple are unbelievably paranoid about security now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

whiterebel wrote: »
    Too much information about deliveries and their various stages in the logistics supply chain make Apple an extremely juicy target. In the NY job a security guard became suspicious and they buggered off leaving 3 more pallets behind, which would have been a total haul of $6.25M. It was an inside job, so Apple are unbelievably paranoid about security now.

Wouldn't Apple just block those iPad minis? rendering them useless when they

tried to activate them.

Wouldn't Apple just block those iPad minis? rendering them useless when they

tried to activate them.

And how would that make up for the loss in sales?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Yogic wrote: »
    Order one on the UK site and get it delivered to Parcel Motel. First two deliveries are free.

Not anymore. You get a free par of slippers now instead.

Just off the phone with Apple Belfast. They have limited stock of the 5s and

should be sold out in 15 mins according to the sales guy and not to bother

traveling up today as its a waste of time. Again he gave no indication of the

next delivery the wait continues.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,723 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Yogic wrote: »

Doesn't Parcel Motel insure up to £100. Best of luck if your iphone goes missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭drumzone

no need to bother with that parcel motel,just get it delivered to house by post

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

The UK Apple Store won't deliver to Ireland.

• Advertisement

How'd u manage that???

No stock up to 13:43.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 KrisR

Hopefully they'll have some stock in for tuesday, anybody know?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

KrisR wrote: »
    Hopefully they'll have some stock in for tuesday, anybody know?

Only Apple can tell you that. And they won't until Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭moralproduction

no stock today in belfast 11:10am

No iphone 5s in stock today in belfast 10am

KrisR wrote: »
    No iphone 5s in stock today in belfast 10am

Cheers for the update at this stage I might just hang on for apple.ie release. They seem to only get around 10 iPhones in per shipment in Belfast.

I was up in the apple store on Sunday, the place was packed all day! Went in three times while shopping around and the final time I asked your wan about how many people are enquiring about the availability of the 5s, she said hundreds!!!

They had them in today i rang just there when i got home and they are pretty much out of all Iphone 5s already. I reckon it will be next wednesday again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭asif2011

I hear they will have hundreds of them in on Friday! Purple monkey dishwasher... :D

Advertisement