Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saorview Connect

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

I was talking to a fellow retailer today who is now replacing connect boxes with another product on the basis that the recording feature promised for the first quarter of 2018 has not been made available to all.

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 43 thatwilldopig

Beyond a joke now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Outside of enigma boxes is there anything else on the market that gives series link on saorview?
    Free to air of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,000 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Outside of enigma boxes is there anything else on the market that gives series link on saorview?
    Free to air of course.

Probably, but I would not have names.

In addition anything you build yourself using a backend for tuners with that function, such as Tvheadend, and integrated into a front end user interface, such as Kodi.
    Use whatever hardware you wish.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Are you entitled to return these boxes within 2 years? Doesn't the EU licence mean electrical goods have to have a 2 year warranty?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,645 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Are you entitled to return these boxes within 2 years? Doesn't the EU licence mean electrical goods have to have a 2 year warranty?

As it doesn't do what they said it would do I would say yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,000 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

As it doesn't do what they said it would do I would say yes.

I would say no ..... it does not do what they promised it would do at some future time, if I understand correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭corm500

Anyone elses connect box keep getting stuck in boot mode? happened to me twice now in the last week. Looks like it is trying to upload new software to the box as far as I can see. Only way to get the box to load up is to disconnect from power and plug back in again. FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 thatwilldopig

corm500 wrote: »
    Anyone elses connect box keep getting stuck in boot mode? happened to me twice now in the last week. Looks like it is trying to upload new software to the box as far as I can see. Only way to get the box to load up is to disconnect from power and plug back in again. FFS.

Has happened a few times to me. At least one random reboot a day especially if you click through the channels to quick. Have had the Home button stop working as well. 😥

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭breeno

I bought this in DID in May but I don't think I have the box or receipt any more. Would I have any hope of returning it for a refund? Wishful thinking perhaps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

breeno wrote: »
    I bought this in DID in May but I don't think I have the box or receipt any more. Would I have any hope of returning it for a refund? Wishful thinking perhaps
    On what basis? You've owned the box for almost a year. Receipt or no, I think you'd struggle to explain why you deserve a refund/exchange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 597 ✭✭✭clfy39tzve8njq

On what basis? You've owned the box for almost a year. Receipt or no, I think you'd struggle to explain why you deserve a refund/exchange.

Are you serious this box is a fraud totally incapable of what was promised. Not the fault of DID so may not get satisfaction there but I'd be on to the manufacturer.

If you purchased something in Q2 2018 and the feature (i.e. recording) was supposed to be present in Q1 2018, then the time to return the product was Q2 2018 not Q1 2019; such a considerable delay is certainly supportive of acceptance of the goods as-is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

If you purchased something in Q2 2018 and the feature (i.e. recording) was supposed to be present in Q1 2018, then the time to return the product was Q2 2018 not Q1 2019; such a considerable delay is certainly supportive of acceptance of the goods as-is.

I don't agree, its never going to do what it says in the tin. I'd advise everyone to return theirs no matter when they bought them

I don't agree, its never going to do what it says in the tin. I'd advise everyone to return theirs no matter when they bought them
    Section 53.2(b) Sale of Goods and Supply of Services Act 1980: the buyer, promptly upon discovering the breach, makes a request to the seller that he either remedy the breach or replace any goods which are not in conformity with the condition.

It's completely unreasonable for a consumer to purchase something knowing it did not have a feature, using that product for 8 months and then returning it with no proof of purchase as a result of a feature that the consumer knew was missing when they made the purchase.

Now, if you bought in the May prior to Q1 2018 and at the expiry of this time period the feature was not implemented, I'd give you a different answer.

All that being said, I'd agree that everyone may as well at least attempt to return the box.

I'd advise everyone to return theirs no matter when they bought them

I agree with this the box is an absolute and utter joke.

I've actually found the box but still no receipt.

I'm not the type to chance my arm but the promised SW update never arrived. Is there not an argument that users have until now allowed a fair and reasonable amount of time for the update to arrive and as it's still not available the product isn't as sold and eligible for a return?

Not my area of expertise obviously!

breeno wrote:

I don't consider it chancing your arm the box doesn't do what it says on the tin bring it back. Did you pay by card by any chance ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

But the box isn't faulty.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Why Gordon ?

EKT started developing this box in February, 2017 (We are a week off February 2019).

It was announced on websites including one of the main retailers - powercity in November, 2017. They stated that record would be available "early 2018" - see post 1242 which has a screenshot from their website.

These boxes were initially sold for €220. They are now €159. Same retailer.

Powerpoint (the box branding partner) sales flyer from November, 2017 (promised recording for mid 2018 is in the blue circle)

0Ocuyf7.png

• Advertisement

But the box isn't faulty.

Are you serious ? Have you read the thread ?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Did you pay by VISA ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Someone mentioned the SOGA from 1983 which is the consumer protection legislation in Ireland.

Under this Act the purchaser of goods has a number of rights - the main ones are

• Goods must be of merchantable quality – goods should be of reasonable quality taking into account what they are meant to do, their durability and their price
    • Goods must be fit for their purpose – they must do what they are reasonably expected to do
    • Goods must be as described - the buyer must not be mislead into buying something by the description of goods or services given orally by a salesperson or an advertisement.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,543 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

DID keep good records of sales once you gave them your address or phone number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭lsjmhar

u'd want to get off ur high horse!!!

lsjmhar wrote: »
    Is that aimed at me?

I'm just asking a question about a product that isn't as described.

breeno wrote:
    Is that aimed at me?

breeno wrote:
    I'm just asking a question about a product that isn't as described.

No. That is for urman who is named thehighhorsebrigade!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

lsjmhar wrote: »
    No. That is for urman who is named thehighhorsebrigade!!

Story bro? :confused:

lsjmhar wrote:

Brilliant addition to the thread. Well done.

• Advertisement

Brilliant addition to the thread. Well done.

U can series link and record that.Lol!!

Advertisement