Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saorview Connect

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭lsjmhar

My box is just randomly turning off now. I hope they sort this soonz!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

I am tempted to return my box. The only thing is I would miss the remote. It is very user friendly in comparison to the humax remote. It allows me to change hdmi source, control tv volume and power on/off tv at a button push - none of which the humax is able to do.

Is the tiviar remote able for the above?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 597 ✭✭✭clfy39tzve8njq

The only thing is I would miss the remote.

It's a very expensive remote :-)

It's a very expensive remote :-)

Ya!
    I got my humax box for free so I am not too put out. One option is to stick with my humax and use the tv for saorview but the humax remote is a pain the way you have to switch back to tv mode to control the volume. It is also a very clunky long remote in the hand.

So I may go for the tiviar.

Would there be any one for all remote that would work for you

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Would there any one for all remote that would work for you

Get a Logitech Harmony instead then you can hide stuff away in cabinets or even in the next room

Switched on the Connect box to watch the rugby and no picture. Sick of it.

Put the aerial into the tv and added a hard drive and now I have full timeshift, something the Connect couldn't do.

I have the hotkeys on my lg remote set so I can quickly switch between saorview on the tv and the humax box.
    Long press 1 - straight to rte 2
    Long press 2 - straight to the humax box.

Where can I buy the tiviar?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,327 ✭✭✭✭Tony

For a walk in shop try satworld.ie

Where can I buy the tiviar?

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

Tony wrote: »
    For a walk in shop try satworld.ie

€160?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭lsjmhar

I am missing More4 and Film4+1 from my box. Does anybody else have this problem? It states Signal not available!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭patsryan

lsjmhar wrote: »
    I am missing More4 and Film4+1 from my box. Does anybody else have this problem? It states Signal not available!!

Frequency changed - you’ll need to manually add the required channels from this list... https://www.lyngsat.com/Astra-2E-2F-2G.html

patsryan wrote: »
    Frequency changed - you’ll need to manually add the required channels from this list... https://www.lyngsat.com/Astra-2E-2F-2G.html

Aren't the suppliers of the box meant to do this?
    Another reason to avoid this box. I don't see them updating frequency changes promptly.

I am using my tv for saorview now instead. Happy with it so far. I may stick with the freesat box as it is a great user experience. My watching of saorview is now only live sport and the odd other programme.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭breeno

I am tempted to return my box. The only thing is I would miss the remote. It is very user friendly in comparison to the humax remote. It allows me to change hdmi source, control tv volume and power on/off tv at a button push - none of which the humax is able to do.

Is the tiviar remote able for the above?
    Did you try to return it yet? Let us know how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

lsjmhar wrote: »

They moved frequency months ago. Had a feeling this box wouldn't update sat freq changes quickly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Aren't the suppliers of the box meant to do this?

No. It is Saorview approved so frequency changes will happen automatically for that, but it is not a Freesat box, there was never any prospect of satellite frequencies being updated automatically.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,327 ✭✭✭✭Tony

They can if they choose upload the changes to the online database so if the user runs the installation procedure again it is possible to update the satellite channel database . Walker have this feature on their current saorview approved combo box, its not 100% yet but I've been told it is being worked on.

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

I see ads have returned to the SVC box... 😪

• Registered Users Posts: 43 thatwilldopig

Has anyone any inside info on what the hold up is and when we expect the recording feature?

patsryan wrote:
    I see ads have returned to the SVC box... 😪

Was it ad free up to now ?

Has anyone any inside info on what the hold up is and when we expect the recording feature?

Not even God I'd say :-(

• Advertisement

Was it ad free up to now ?

It was adfree for a while

patsryan wrote:
    It was adfree for a while

Was it just the catch up was ad free yeah ?

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Hibrasil

Launching 19th February

May not be particularly appropriate to Saorview Connect thread ......but a 2RN test card is currently flashing intermittently a scrolling message "launching on 19th February"

Anybody got any idea of the significance of this message?

No news on Saorview website!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,881 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Hibrasil wrote: »
    Launching 19th February

May not be particularly appropriate to Saorview Connect thread ......but a 2RN test card is currently flashing intermittently a scrolling message "launching on 19th February"

Anybody got any idea of the significance of this message?
    RTE 2 +1.

So new beta update coming.

Interesting point about an aerial and Internet connection being needed if connecting to a Satellite dish in the article on Saorview.ie

https://www.saorview.ie/en/news

Could an EPG be inbound?
    Please note that you will need an aerial, and an internet connection - either wired or wi-fi. If connecting to a satellite dish, two satellite connections available to the box will be needed. You will also need to connect an external USB hard drive to the box once the beta software is downloaded and the box has completed installation.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 thatwilldopig

Good to hear something, had given up on it.... Must fix me dish now.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Hibrasil

"If connecting to a satellite dish, two satellite connections available to the box will be needed"

Is this simply for the purpose of watching one channel and recording another?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭swoofer

yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

patsryan wrote: »
    So new beta update coming.

Interesting point about an aerial and Internet connection being needed if connecting to a Satellite dish in the article on Saorview.ie

https://www.saorview.ie/en/news

Could an EPG be inbound?

You would need an internet connection to download the software update.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭peking97

Is there any particular recommendation as regards HDD for use with this box?

Advertisement