Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Announcement: One of our contributors is on The Great Irish Bake Off!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Aha you gotta love this

"You will need to tune in to find out " so cheesy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Can I have your autograph?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Who washes up after ye all?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Do Anna and the judges hang around for the whole time you're baking or do they feck off for tea?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Chong wrote: »
    They sit around for a good bit whilst shots are taken then the crew mill in to them all. We all must have put on so much weight filming I am still trying to lose it :)

HAhahah.. I love this. I've worked with camera/sound crews a lot and its a tough job and frequently hungry because of the schedules! Great to hear they get to eat the cakes afterwards, I can just imagine it!

I havent watched it to date but I will now and will be rooting for you!

• Advertisement

Can I have your autograph?

Sure Baldy, I will send it in the form of cake shaped like a beer bottle

KKkitty wrote: »
    Who washes up after ye all?

Food production and helpers

DeVore wrote: »
    HAhahah.. I love this. I've worked with camera/sound crews a lot and its a tough job and frequently hungry because of the schedules! Great to hear they get to eat the cakes afterwards, I can just imagine it!

I havent watched it to date but I will now and will be rooting for you!

Thanks alot Dev :)

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Greenduck

Love the Great British Bakeoff so was really excited to see the Irish version! was anxious as we don't have a great record of remaking English programmes IMO. Was pleasantly surprised about how good it was.

Wasn't crazy about the female judge, doesn't seem like she has much technical knowledge and used the word 'light' too much. Felt her comments could be compared to that of Louis Walsh on XFactor, generic and annoying. I'm comparing her to Mary Berry which is unfair too cause I want her to be my granny :D

Best of luck to all the competitors!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Biddy is a highly respected food writer and cook, so hopefully she'll settle down as it goes along. She seemed a bit nervous and giddy last night.

To me she'll always be Maggie from The Riordans :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Birdsong

Why did you decide to only do one type of cupcake when the brief was two ? couldn't figure out why do that

We were told we could do 1 or 2 flavours all the way in the lead up and suddenly changed their mind on the day which I dont get.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

Chong wrote: »
    We were told we could do 1 or 2 flavours all the way in the lead up and suddenly changed their mind on the day which I dont get.

That's a bit like changing the goal posts before the game isn't it?......If you are prepared for a certain scenario, you are thrown off the mark there and then......

Boo.........

That's a bit like changing the goal posts before the game isn't it?......If you are prepared for a certain scenario, you are thrown off the mark there and then......

Boo.........

Either way its cool, cause I survived wooooohooo

What's your favourite thing to bake?

I do think my now favourite thing to bake is Macaron or breads as they are very therapeutic

What is your least favourite thing to bake?

Anything overly creamy, I dont really like cream I find it very sickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

This thread is awesome *followed* :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,759 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Chong - You are a diamond! Many, many thanks for taking the time to answer all of the questions posted for you. Everyone in the forum really appreciates it.

Best of luck dude!

tHB

• Advertisement

Thanks alot THB :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Just watched the first episode there and enjoyed it! Thanks for answering the questions, great to have some background information.

What was the audition process like? Did you have to bake a lot? Was there loads of people entering?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Loire

Best of luck Chong, will PM you my address for left-overs :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I had a question that I think was missed.
    Do Anna and the judges hang around for the whole time you're baking or do they feck off for tea?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

Is all of the filming for one episode done in one long-ass day?

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    Just watched the first episode there and enjoyed it! Thanks for answering the questions, great to have some background information.

What was the audition process like? Did you have to bake a lot? Was there loads of people entering?

Really glad you like it !

Audition process was lots interviews over the phone and two live auditions, one where you bring stuff in for tasting and another live in person like the actual bake off. Both were harrowing but incredibly fun like the actual show too :) I am not sure how many entered though.

I had a question that I think was missed.

They are there most of the time unless they are filming shots outside the tent.

Is all of the filming for one episode done in one long-ass day?

Long long long long as days, most days invovled being up for brekkie at 7am and finishing some days as late as 11.

Hope you guys are ready for tart week !

Tomorrow I think will show another bit of improvement from last week :) there will certainly more chatter.

Again questions wise, hit me up on Friday and I will answer what I can.

Chat soon

Will

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

not long to go now, gwan Chong!!

Advertisement