Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Announcement: One of our contributors is on The Great Irish Bake Off!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Chong wrote: »
    Really guys I appreciate all the support so much it means a lot!

You just better win. If you don't you'll be shunned! :P;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Probably won't get to see this until next week but I have it set to record ! I hope you plugged The Cooking Club now Chong :P

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Chong will you be available after each show for a Q&A session? :D There are so many things I want to know, such as...Who eats all the baked goods every week? Are they shared among the cast and crew? And who does all the washing up? :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Chong will you be available after each show for a Q&A session? :D There are so many things I want to know, such as...Who eats all the baked goods every week? Are they shared among the cast and crew? And who does all the washing up? :D

And how long do the cakes sit there between being baked and getting sampled!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

I will try and check in after tomorrow's ep if not I will defo be on Friday :)

I will also try and answer as many questions as I can :)

• Advertisement

Will have to clear out all my guests and stuff tomorrow filling them with cake for my launch night so hopefully that wont be too late. I can jump on to say hello.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

It's tonight!!!

Will he be the Star Baker?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Best of luck tonight Chong! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Dageel

Best of luck ! I love the British Bake Off and no doubt the Irish one is equally entertaining.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

Huge congrats!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Congrats and good luck Chong !

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Irishshin

Best of luck!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Miaireland

The very best if luck to you. Enjoy the experience and congrats on doing something that people would loveto do but not have the courage to try! I will be keeping my fingerscrossed for you.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

I beat everyone away from the remote once I knew there was a boardsie on this.

Good luck Chong!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Mech1

Go boardsie go!!
    Im not normally a poster here, but im tuned in and recording as well.

Good luck man.

Pat.

woohoo here he is

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Ah poor girl Laura. Would've wanted to see more of her.
    But well done Chong, look forward to see you next week!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Very well done Chong :)
    It's a great programme, I really enjoyed it and it gave me fierce cravings for cake. I'll have to make sure there's some in the house for future episodes...

Turns out TV3 don't have a live streaming player, and we don't have the Irish channels, so I couldn't watch it. Will try and catch it when it goes up online though!

• Advertisement

I got to see it!

Poor Laura. It happens us all!

Well done Chong!

On another note, if I heard her say "crunch" one more time.......... Well.... Anyway!

Well done again Chong!

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭smilerxxx

Well done chong! I'm seriously hungry now :-) is it just two bakes per show?

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Really enjoyed it. Just finished watching it there. Well done Chong :D

And poor Laura. I really liked her.

Thanks alot guys for the support really appreciate everything, will pop in tomorrow for chats :)

Ok then what questions would you like to ask :)

What happens the rest of the cupcakes and sponge cakes at the end?

They sit around for a good bit whilst shots are taken then the crew mill in to them all. We all must have put on so much weight filming I am still trying to lose it :)

Faith wrote: »
    And how long do the cakes sit there between being baked and getting sampled!

Prior questions asked :).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Best if luck in show Will, I think you're doing great .

What would happen if you needed an ingredient that was not on set? Or is there a huge store room ?

• Advertisement

How much do they tell you in advance to let you prepare? I've been trying to figure it out in the British one - are you told "Oh, it's biscuits next week" or are you given more specific directions?

Shame there's no showstopper too.

Advertisement