Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Announcement: One of our contributors is on The Great Irish Bake Off!

Options
1789101113»

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

Just watching the final , didn't get the chance earlier. I have to wonder if the producers had ever watched the UK version? Its so dry, and humourless, it really needs a shake up for the next series, either that or change the format totally from the UK version.

let's see some personalities coming out and change it from such a pale imitation to something to be proud of.

btw well done will, lovely to see your transition through the competition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭seosamh1980

Mrs Fox wrote: »
    I honestly can't see anyone better than Rachel Allen for this. So people have a couple of issues with her, but to judge a bake off, she'd be perfect.

Catherine Leyden, the Odlums Lady, would be a good option. Very knowledgeable, very honest, entertaining and used to being on tv.

I watched the first two episodes of this and just went back to watching the GBBO, couldn't stand either judge and found the changes in the format ridiculous. If they do it again they need to seriously improve it in a lot of ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Pabmac

:confused:
    I honestly can't see anyone better than Rachel Allen for this. So people have a couple of issues with her, but to judge a bake off, she'd be perfect.

NO NO NOT THE ALLENS - can't stand them

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Birdsong

Catherine Leyden, the Odlums Lady, would be a good option. Very knowledgeable, very honest, entertaining and used to being on tv.

love Catherine Leyden, she is really really good & as you say comfortable with the camera & entertaining too. I made a wedding cake from the odlums website a few years ago, and had a question, emailed the info@ email address on the site & she emailed me back, so helpful:)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

Pabmac wrote: »
    :confused:

NO NO NOT THE ALLENS - can't stand them

It would be my suspicion the program would become about the Allen's and over-ride the show itself given their prowess of courting publicity.

I'd rather the show and the contestants shone out instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Will did you receive any consolation prize?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Will did you receive any consolation prize?

No but there was no prize for the winner...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

I posted this in the Reality TV Forum GIBO thread, but Cooking Club members might be interested too ...
    Skid X wrote: »
    TV3 are seeking contestant's for next year's GIBO

We had one Boardsie this year - let's have another in 2014. Or more than one!

Click on 'take part in 2014 Bake Off' link near the top of the page below

http://www.tv3.ie/shows_new.php?request=thegreatirishbakeoff

Advertisement