Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rory McIlroy - 4 Time Major Winner

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Good start anyway, keeps this up we should be guaranteed a nice quiet thread tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭glack

What just happened on 8? Saw him hit it over the green and I switch over for a few minutes and when I come back to it he’s putting for a double bogey?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Kevin Finnerty

glack wrote: »
    What just happened on 8? Saw him hit it over the green and I switch over for a few minutes and when I come back to it he’s putting for a double bogey?!

Dunno but his teeshot was weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,314 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

glack wrote: »
    Seems like he bladed his second shot 20 yards past the hole. Didn't see it either, relying on the PGA shot tracker.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,114 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

bladed it through the green, next one about 5 feet past the pin, missed it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Great response.

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭glack

Great response.

Absolutely. Too often he carries the dropped shots to the next hole.

Big bonus birdie on 18. Puts him right in the mix for tomorrow. 63 with a very stupid double bogey thrown in

Well that was a great way to finish the round. Hole a 40 footer for birdie and a pretty decent 63. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,816 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

prawnsambo wrote: »
    Well that was a great way to finish the round. Hole a 40 footer for birdie and a pretty decent 63. ;)

World Class.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭galwaylad14

Amazing how quiet this thread is now after a 63! What a player he is, hopefully finishes the job now tonight.

McIlroy and Rose in the final group. Hopefully will be exciting. 10 players within 4 shots too.

If he won he'd be in prime position for that huge Fedex Cup payout going into the final event - not that the fecker needs the money.

glasso wrote: »
    McIlroy and Rose in the final group. Hopefully will be exciting. 10 players within 4 shots too.

If he won he'd be in prime position for that huge Fedex Cup payout going into the final event - not that the fecker needs the money.
    Good to see himself, Rose, Molinari, Rahm, Casey and Fleetwood in good fom coming up to the Ryder Cup though. Poulter playing decently as well, though it doesn't look like he'll make the TC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭OEP

Looking beyond the smug remarks from both sides of the arguments that have gone on, even if he doesn't finish the job, it's positive to see his wedge game has definitely improved.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

OEP wrote: »
    Looking beyond the smug remarks from both sides of the arguments that have gone on, even if he doesn't finish the job, it's positive to see his wedge game has definitely improved.

Yes, huge improvement. I hope it means he has ironed out whatever kink was causing the misses; if that is the case, then we could be in for a treat over the next while.

Doesn't look good for any golf today. Don't know if they will go to a Monday finish or call it after 54.

Good to see himself, Rose, Molinari, Rahm, Casey and Fleetwood in good fom coming up to the Ryder Cup though. Poulter playing decently as well, though it doesn't look like he'll make the TC.

Poulter said in Thursday interview he didn’t actually care about making it to Atlanta. Gives him two weeks rest and practice for his main objective this year and that is the Ryder cup

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Spideog Rua

Poulter said in Thursday interview he didn’t actually care about making it to Atlanta. Gives him two weeks rest and practice for his main objective this year and that is the Ryder cup

He should, it gets him entry to all the majors next year

He's a good way outside the top thirty. It would take an absolute stonking round to get in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭backspin.

Amazing how quiet this thread is now after a 63! What a player he is, hopefully finishes the job now tonight.

I've criticized him on this thread and I root for him to win every time he tees it up. I'm delighted to see him in with a chance to win. I think it's ridiculous that people think he shouldn't be criticized.

Btw his chipping seems to have improved.. perhaps he has been reading the criticism on this thread. If so.. delighted to help Rors.

backspin. wrote: »
    I've criticized him on this thread and I root for him to win every time he tees it up. I'm delighted to see him in with a chance to win. I think it's ridiculous that people think he shouldn't be criticized.

Btw his chipping seems to have improved.. perhaps he has been reading the criticism on this thread. If so.. delighted to help Rors.
    I'm kinda reluctant to think this could be the corenr turned. It's definitely an improvement and is looking a bit more consistent. But consistency is only proven over time and I don't think we're there yet. The next few weeks will be very high pressure, so if his game holds up over that period, we could be in for a treat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

His world ranking has him easily in them all next year anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,114 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

I'm kinda reluctant to think this could be the corenr turned. It's definitely an improvement and is looking a bit more consistent. But consistency is only proven over time and I don't think we're there yet. The next few weeks will be very high pressure, so if his game holds up over that period, we could be in for a treat.

I'd assume it was technique rather than anything mental, so would hope that pressure wouldn't come into it...then again I guess he could revert to "normal" technique under pressure...hopefully our 'arry is fully away of what to look out for and can keep him on track.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭tobsey

Playing well today but can’t buy a birdie. Just stitched it at 10 so hopefully that’ll kick start a good back 9. He’ll be one back when he taps this in.

tobsey wrote: »
    Playing well today but can’t buy a birdie. Just stitched it at 10 so hopefully that’ll kick start a good back 9. He’ll be one back when he taps this in.
    Putting is **** today

Another putt missed

OEP wrote: »
    Another putt missed

Rose left it short too. Looked terrible though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

-2.3 strokes gained putting. Compare that to Billy Ho on +2.6.
    Big difference there.

Still plenty time to get something going considering.

And again. At least his wedges are still going strong!

His putting is like a 20 handicappers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

His putting is like a 20 handicappers.

Yep

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement