Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jaw dropping moments and twists in films and TV shows

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

annascott wrote: »
    Last but not least, 'that' scene from Crying Game..

I think The Crying Game was the first film (I ever saw anyway) with the biggest plot twist. I still get shivers down my spine today. There I was eager to get a glimpse of a set of beef curtains and ended up getting a close up of meat and two veg instead. That's why I've watched all movies in reverse ever since.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Tasden wrote: »
    Every time this documentary is mentioned I end up feeling like a heartless bitch because I wasn't that affected by it, I mean it was sad and all but I wasn't affected by it the way other people seem to have been. Blackfish on the other hand, didn't have any expectations and watched the whole thing while sobbing like a baby. Strange.

I agree, it didn't affect me like others have said it does to them, but it's still a hell of a curve ball thrown in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭Knight who says Meh

The Crying Game and Sixth Sense twists I genuinely never saw coming
    And in TV
    Walker Sophia coming outta the barn in The Walking Dead and The Red Wedding in Game of Thrones made me sit up just a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

The bit where Bosco jumps out of the box to reveal he has no legs. Gets me every time.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Hannibal wrote: »
    The Game was very good and also The Departed where DiCaprio gets shot as the door of the lift opens, it was very sudden and wasn't expecting it at all

The Departed was a movie I felt lived up to its name,
    with almost all of the characters getting killed.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

Sprog 4 wrote: »
    House of Cards. Start of Season 2
    the bit with the train
    :eek: Had to rewind 3 times to confirm what had just happened. And then I was all like :mad: and then a bit :(

Although I watched the rest of the season it was truly when the show jumped the shark for me. I thought for upto five minutes after it was a dream sequence and I was waiting for him to wake up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭orangesoda

when your woman left your man in 'Vikings' as he had got another woman pregnant

Warning! GoT season finale spoilers

The death of
    Tywin Lannister
    in the recent Game Of Thrones season finale.

We know at this stage that no one is safe on GoT but
    Charles Dance
    was easily
    their biggest name actor
    so it still very much surprised me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

That's why I've watched all movies in reverse ever since.

So, taking Dexter as an example. He takes the knife out of the victims chest, puts them to sleep wakes them up with a syringe, they stop killing people and everything goes back to normal.

Weird plot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

When Barry O Hanlon turned up in Batman Begins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Ed The Equalizer

The pivotal moment of One Day

Finally got around to watching Old Boy last night. I thought I had the twist sussed,
    I thought his daughter would end up killing him as an adult.
    The End. Thanks for watching.

And then.

:eek:

And then!

:eek:

:eek::eek:

Fcuking hell! A turn that stayed with me for a good hour after the film was over.

This is definitely in top 5 "holy fcuk" jaw dropping moments in cinema of all time

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

When the Elvis kid gets shot in the film 'The Shawshank Redeption' about 2/3rds of the way from a sentry after talking to the warden in that bright light surrounded by darkness outside. Think there was a cigarette involved also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

When the Elvis kid gets shot in the film 'The Shawshank Redeption' about 2/3rds of the way from a sentry after talking to the warden in that bright light surrounded by darkness outside. Think there was a cigarette involved also.

He got shot by a cigarette?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Filth had a pretty shock ending for me. Loved it though

The 2014 update of Godzilla and t
    he death of Bryan Cranston's character
    totally got me off guard.

Now
    he may have come back to life through magic Japanese stardust for all I know
    as I couldnt finish it

Advertisement