Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jaw dropping moments and twists in films and TV shows

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

Yes, I thought it was great.

The American edit managed to ruin it completely by cutting the 30 most important bloody seconds of the whole movie, the bit the title actually refers to, which was quite a feat. :rolleyes:

Thats true, the Americans wanted to give a "happy ending"

To a horror film ;)

Apparently Alias season 2 finale has one of the best all time cliffhangers/twists.

Havent seen a single episode of it but Ive just noticed that Jennifer Garner plays the lead so might be tempted to give it a look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Oldboys ending was completely unexpected.

I liked the end of Sons of Anarchy Season 4.
    The Danny Trejo twist was really unexpected.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Hannibal

The Game was very good and also The Departed where DiCaprio gets shot as the door of the lift opens, it was very sudden and wasn't expecting it at all

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

IvaBigWun wrote: »
    The Descent had a decent one
    After various thrills and spills, the last surviving member of the caving party finally finds her way out, bursting into sweet daylight and her salvation.

Until she wakes up and realises she’s still trapped.

An evil twist on the "it was all a dream" plot device

I was horrified at that however in the sequel doesn't it
    continue with her waking up in hospital? That she really did escape:). I was pleased about that

• Advertisement

GalwayGuy2 wrote: »
    Lost
    When we found out Locke was dead.

God, so many unresolved issues in that show.

When I think back on all the series of Lost, I really wonder why I kept watching it. Overall, a huge disappointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Sixth sense

chopper6 wrote: »
    The whole film was a struggle..everybody remembers the bit with the bloke rotting in bed and the head in the hatbox at the end but jeesus the rest was tedious...Morgan Freeman monologuing ( in his lovely voice admittedly )and SWAT teams shining torches around the place whilst shouting "clear"....did nobody ever think to turn on the lights in any of these buildings??

Seriously?

Seven is a modern classic. Fincher shot the film so dark because of the story's tone and I think he nailed it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭GalwayGuy2

When I think back on all the series of Lost, I really wonder why I kept watching it. Overall, a huge disappointment.

I think I was man crushing on John Locke :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

Love2love wrote: »
    Seen this film where the dude turned out to be dead!! :eek: :eek: :eek:
    Weekend at Bernie's? :pac:

Nah, it was the sixth sense!

GalwayGuy2 wrote: »
    I think I was man crushing on John Locke :o
    Good Locke or bad Locke
    ?

Id say
    bad Locke
    would ruin you

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 166 ✭✭Bananatop

When Angela walked in on Tony in the shower in Who's the Boss :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭patrickbrophy18

Not too sure if it has been mentioned but, the end of Final Destination 5 where
    it overlaps with the beginning scene of Final Destination

Not too sure if it has been mentioned but, the end of Final Destination 5 where
    it overlaps with the beginning scene of Final Destination

Spoiled that for myself as I know Im never going to watch any film that has a "5" after it. Very clever though

From Dusk Till Dawn

If you dont know the full premise of the film (and I didnt) it takes a great twist

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

Edward Norton's Finale in Primal Fear
    He's the bad personality along
    Pilliar Getting Killed by a Croquet Mallet to the side of the head by a 13 or 14yo
    Shane in Weeds
    Uncle Andy's Banana Jerk off
    "Tutorial" in Weeds

Everyone Dying at the Wedding
    in Game of Thrones
    Rhona Mitra getting killed in
    Strike Back (FFS lads!)
    Naked Irish Woman in
    Father Ted (speed 3 :-O )

• Registered Users Posts: 11,092 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Watched Flight today for the first time and for the first twenty odd minutes or so I was glued to the telly. Truly intense cinema

was.deevey

Spoiler tags please!

The final episode of the Shield and what happens to
    Shane and his family.

Amazing TV

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭pipelaser

That moment ,every time, in a David Lynch film where he literally loses the plot and messes the whole thing up, its almost like a child who gets bored of the picture they're drawing and starts scribbling all over it!

Major Family Guy spoiler below

Well the writers of the show killed off a major character last night when
    Brian was turned into road pizza
    The show hasnt been funny in years but its a big enough story that its making major news sites and waves on Twitter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

Major Family Guy spoiler below

Well the writers of the show killed off a major character last night when
    Brian was turned into road pizza
    The show hasnt been funny in years but its a big enough story that its making major news sites and waves on Twitter

I reckon its not permanent. As stupid as that sounds.

Plus check out who plays the new character!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Rod Serling

Leland Palmer, admittedly, possessed by an evil spirit
    killed Laura Palmer.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Eh, Susan Boyle people. :cool:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxPZh4AnWyk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

In the 5th Episode of the 5th Season of Breaking Bad, episode is called "Dead Freight", right at the very end of the episode when Todd Alquist casually
    shoots dead the young boy on the dirtbike

It just happened so quickly, so cold-bloodedly and just so casually. Nothing prepares you for it. It happens in literally the final moments of the episode and while you are still trying to digest the horror of what just happened, the screen cuts black and the credits roll. It is like a sucker punch to the gut and is a horrific moment that will make your jaw drop.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,733 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

The final episode of the Shield and what happens to
    Shane and his family.

Amazing TV

Or 2 seasons earlier when
    Shane drops a hand grenade in Lem's lap!!
    :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭1867IE

American Beauty.

When the gun appears at the back of Kevin Spacey's head. And then you see who did it.

A dark, but superb film.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Another one that just struck me is from The Sopranos, in the 12th episode of the 5th series, "Long-Term Parking".

It involves the execution of a long-standing member of the series. The execution is carried out by
    Silvio Dante
    . The execution comes about after it is revealed that the character
    Adriana LaCerva
    is an
    FBI informant/cooperating witness
    . The shocking part of it is that in the run up to the execution,
    Adriana daydreams that she is packing up and leaving New Jersey on her own to start a new life after being told that Christopher attempted suicide.
    However, the scene then switches to
    Silvio
    's car. A quick turn onto a dirt road reveals the lies told, and a scramble and two gunshots later, we are left numbed by the sudden and brutal slaying...

• Advertisement

mauzo! wrote: »
    I reckon its not permanent.

Re; Family Guy, I reckon you're right.

From this page there's rumours of a hoax/fake death (the URL alone is a spoiler so dont click it unless you're upto date on the show)

"Tonight fans of "Family Guy" were totally surprised when Brian Griffin died. He has been part of the show since the start eleven years ago. On Nov. 24, E! Online shared an article that made it look like he is really dead, but proof is out there that might not be true at all.

In Oct., an article was posted on EW all about two guests star that would be on an upcoming episode of the show. Glenn Howerton and Maya Rudolph will be on an episode that is all about Brian and he is a marathon runner in this episode. If you are a true fan of the show, you know that this episode has not aired yet. Doesn't that mean Brian has to come back again? The spoilers make it look that way!

Now if you go to Wikia they have a list of the episodes for the rest of the season. Several of them have Brian's name in the title. Now that just wouldn't make any sense at all"

Advertisement