Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jaw dropping moments and twists in films and TV shows

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

The Seinfeld episode in which
    Susan died from licking the envelopes. It wasn't a shocking death and she wasn't a great character. However Georges reaction changed how Seinfeld was seen. Whereas it had been 'a show about nothing' where the characters acted petty and complained about trivial things, it now seemed to be about characters with serious personality disorders who didn't care if someone got hurt or even died because of their actions. I know it's a comedy and not to be taken seriously, but it was hard to relate to the characters after that

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21 Fraggle Rock

Film being my passion, I've seen quite a few in my time.

Oldboy is the biggest WTF moment I've ever witnessed.

A new version is coming out soon directed by Spike Jones. While I like Spike's stuff, or some of it, I'm actually a little angry that he's done it.

Why not leave works of art alone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭razorgil

the end of "layer cake", cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

I don't know about you, but... and this 'might' be going OT, but in the game "BioShock" - Great Storyline... and the pinnacle part near the end with regards to Andrew Ryan and the revealations just before then...

DAYUM!!!

One of the best pieces of story scripting in a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭darragh16

In Titanic when the ship crashed and sank ... never seen that Iceberg coming to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭KeithM89

In 24 when
    Jack Bauer shot Ryan Chappelle in the head

That was a deadly scene, also when
    Jack had to cut Chases hand off with the fire axe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Paramite Pie

I had my suspicions mid way through the movie (because i knew there was a twist but not the nature of it) but then the rest of movie made me think otherwise.. till the end when it's revealed. And then he still ........ with his ........ ugh!! WTF doesn't cut it.

As for the octopus scene, I was in Korea and tried that myself (but with a small octopus. Still lost. He lived for another day.) It's a tradition to eat live octopus apparently.:pac:
    In 24 when
    Jack Bauer shot Ryan Chappelle in the head

24 was really good back in the day but this made me jump off me chair! I honestly thought they'd never do it!! It was all just part of a plan or something... but... my god...

The opening of season 5 where
    Palmer is assassinated
    was a major shock, although there wasn't much of a build up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭MickFleetwood

The narrator being Tyler Durden in Fight Club was brilliant.

Obviously, The Usual Suspects twist was incredible as well. I love re-watching the movie and spotting all the little clues/hints scattered around pointing toward Verbal being the mysterious criminal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Festy wrote: »
    The ending in the movie "Saw"

The ending of " the ring" too.

The end of six foot under was probably the greatest thing I have ever seen from a movie or a series . the song just fits perfectly

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

When Darth Vader cut off Luke's Hand in the Empire Strikes Back,,, shock Horror

21/25

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

Film being my passion, I've seen quite a few in my time.

A new version is coming out soon directed by Spike Jones. While I like Spike's stuff, or some of it, I'm actually a little angry that he's done it.

It's not Spike Jones, or even Spike Jonze, it's Spike Lee.

The end of New World when
    Ja-seong kills everyone who knows he's a cop so he can be the head of the syndicate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Mickey H

Boston Legal Season 5, final episode when
    the Chinese firm buys out Crane, Poole & Schmidt.
    Didn't see that coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,086 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Some of the deaths in Goodfellas are jaw dropping,also same genre Phil Leotardo popping out in The Sopranos was an awesome twist.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

In Bargain Hunt when the Reds spent all their money on a Victorian lamp stand while the Blues spread their money across a piece of Ditchfield glass, a brass spittoon and a small vase of unknown origin. The tension was unbearable right up until the end

The Blues won

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭timthumbni

Has to be The Crying Game near the end when I discovered the big secret that the film was sh"te. ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Jacks Smirking Revenge

Walt
    poisoning Brock
    in Season 4 of Breaking bad.

Mind blowing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

Game Of Thrones, second last episode of the recent season I think.
    When they killed Rob Stark and his mother, and stabbed Rob's wife who was with child
    Can't believe no one's said that one yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭Markcheese

DazMarz wrote: »
    Darth Vader: Obi-Wan never told you what happened to your father...

Luke Skywalker: He told me enough! He told me you killed him!

Vader: No...
    I am your father...

Skywalker: No... no... that's not true...
    that's IMPOSSIBLE!!!
    Jeez you don't get out much even my 3 year old know "Luke ccchhh I am your father ccchh"( but he IS a starwars Lego nut)

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Registered Users Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭Markcheese

I saw this in a movie about a bus that had to SPEED around a city, keeping its SPEED over fifty, and if its SPEED dropped, it would explode. I think it was called, "The Bus That Couldn't Slow Down."

Something wrong with yr caps lock there bud..... I think yr getting yr movies confused with yr father ted !!! Was there a bloke with a tache ,and a tool box in it ?? Def f ted .....

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Markcheese wrote: »
    Jeez you don't get out much even my 3 year old know "Luke ccchhh I am your father ccchh"( but he IS a starwars Lego nut)

I know, but just to be sure... I can't think of anyone who doesn't know it by now. But you just never know... :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭teaholic

8th post
    Turtyturd wrote: »
    The red wedding.

Game Of Thrones, second last episode of the recent season I think.
    When they killed Rob Stark and his mother, and stabbed Rob's wife who was with child
    Can't believe no one's said that one yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Burky126

It's by Spike Lee and yes it will be a travesty compared to the original.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

In Breaking Bad when
    Todd shoots the kid at the end of the train heist. What a heartless act! The kid hadn't a clue he witnessed a train robbery and was not a threat to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭djflawless

3 words sums it up for me

glenroe....car flippin

god alnighty i didnt sleep for a week!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Syndic

Turtyturd wrote: »
    The red wedding.
    IvaBigWun wrote: »
    The killing of
    Sean Bean
    's character in Game Of Thrones made me do this -> :eek:

A fantastic twist to anyone who hadnt read the books

These two for me, too...

The reaction videos to the red wedding on Youtube are hilarious. Pretty much exactly how I reacted...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78juOpTM3tE

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

Two of the best, not mentioned yet

Jacobs Ladder where
    one of the most strangely disturbing films I've ever watched, watch it and see
    for yourself, right to the last moment and see if you feel oddly uneasy

and Donnie Darko
    where its slow to build but not telling you and you'll thank me for it when you watch it, right to the very end.

and I'll throw in The Crying Game for a laff and Silent Hill for a weird to round it off.
    and the Omen - but there you are expecting the ........
    and The Long Good Friday, and they keep coming to me

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Series 3 finale of Sons of anarchy - I think I roared a big "FUCKING YES!!!!" when all was revealed!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

AH answer - When maggie Shot Mr Burns :O

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 24 Kruse

Robb Stark and his mother being killed at a wedding in Game of Thrones.

Their faces are still burnt into my mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

The twist at the end of Arlington Road is pretty amazing. Was thinking that it was a pretty average film up until that, but what a devastating but brilliant ending

Advertisement