Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jaw dropping moments and twists in films and TV shows

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,233 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Candie wrote: »
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who
    spent most of the movie waiting for Spacey to be revealed as Soze. Soon as the Soze story was told I knew it had to be the limpy simpleton.

The Sixth Sense was another one. How anyone didn't figure it out in the first 40 minutes is a mystery.

The Sixth Sense is the biggest pile of shíte of all time. How long does he walk around as a ghost? All that time he can't open doors and nobody talks to him and he doesn't notice that something is a bit odd?

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭neaideabh

Breaking Bad S5 E8:
    Hank Sitting on the ****ter

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭ArtyM

IvaBigWun wrote: »
    It is in my all time top 10 films but on recently rewatching Seven recently I hit a plot niggle:
    How did the driver of the taxi in which Kevin Spacy's character got into, when he was covered in bood on his way to the police station, not raise the alarm/call the cops?

Good point.
    Possibly refers to the theme of indifference seething through the movie.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

Keeping with David Fincher, how long did it take most to spot the twist in Fight Club?

It had me right till the end, yet on repeated viewings its blatantly obvious

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

ArtyM wrote: »
    Good point.
    Possibly refers to the theme of indifference seething through the movie.

Set in new york isn't it? Probably a completely normal scene for a taxi driver.

• Advertisement

razorblunt wrote: »
    Set in new york isn't it? Probably a completely normal scene for a taxi driver.

Good point but Fincher has said the film/story is purposelessly cityless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

In Lost, when Jack and Kate are talking in what seems to be another flashback.. but turns out to be a flashforward, I was stunned.

''We have to go back Kate''

That scene

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

The "box" scene in the film "Seven".

I never saw that one comming.:eek::D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

Cienciano wrote: »
    The Sixth Sense is the biggest pile of shíte of all time. How long does he walk around as a ghost? All that time he can't open doors and nobody talks to him and he doesn't notice that something is a bit odd?
    I guess ghosts are a bit thick. Probably a side effect of death.

The shock of realising he was dead must have killed him.;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭stoneill

The talking polar bear in a
    fridge

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

The Jerusalem sequence in World War Z was fantastic cinema.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

karma_ wrote: »
    The Jerusalem sequence in World War Z was fantastic cinema.

Zombie Sophia emerging from the barn in The walking dead was pretty unexpected

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭MissD93

in derailed when clive owen realises jenifer anderson was manipulating the situation the entire time

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

I was expecting The Expendables to be full of over the top violence, but my jaw genuinely dropped during the opening scene when;
    Dolph Lundgren basically cuts the pirate in half with that "warning" shotgun shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭LOSTfan57

LOST
    Walkabout - (spoiler) at the end when the camera pans out and we see John Locke is in a wheelchair. That was some moment...while everyone was panicking and terrified after the crash John Locke was having the best moment of his life.
    Arzt blowing himself up leading to Hurleys epic..."dude you've got a little Arzt on you"

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭LOSTfan57

Also loved The Long Con moment when we see that Sawyer played them all for fools and got exactly what he had wanted from them that was genius....

You wouldn't know I watched LOST over the summer eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭ppshay

Amadeus - Salieri views Mozarts music and has an epiphany

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭GalwayGuy2

Lost
    When we found out Locke was dead.

God, so many unresolved issues in that show.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Mugser

The sixth sense
    Turns out Bruce's character was dead the whole time

The shawshank redemption
    Andy escaped :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

when Zac was in the diner and saw a cute girl then asked her out before she rolled away in her wheelchair after she said yes

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

The end of "the game" with Michael Douglas and Sean Penn...

GalwayGuy2 wrote: »
    Lost
    When we found out Locke was dead.

God, so many unresolved issues in that show.

To the point that Damon Lindelof and JJ Abrams must get filthy looks when they're introduced at dinner parties

• Registered Users Posts: 4,653 ✭✭✭elefant

Ah lads! The use of spoiler tags in this thread is shocking.

You can't just stick in spoiler tags, your reaction to the twist, and not give any indication of what TV show, film, episode or whatever you are referencing within the tags! It defeats the whole purpose of having spoiler tags there in the first place :P

This thread should be called spoiler-tag Russian roulette.

The Descent had a decent one
    After various thrills and spills, the last surviving member of the caving party finally finds her way out, bursting into sweet daylight and her salvation.

Until she wakes up and realises she’s still trapped.

An evil twist on the "it was all a dream" plot device

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Caonima

Two moments from Alien 3 always come to mind - Dillon's speech when they cremate Nute juxtaposed to the birth of the alien, and the other Dillon speech to motivate the prisoners to fight the alien (... "The only question is how you check out. Do you want it on your feet? Or on your fucking knees... begging?).

Will forever give me tingles watching those scenes. Sadly underrated movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Oldboy.

/thread

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Cienciano wrote: »

The kid says that ghosts "only see what they want to see", ie. that they just bumble through their routines etc without stopping to think anything's wrong, or rejecting it when it is.

I just think of it like when you have a dream, where the sequence of events doesn't make any sense if you sit down and think about it afterwards, but you just accept it all at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

The Descent had a decent one
    After various thrills and spills, the last surviving member of the caving party finally finds her way out, bursting into sweet daylight and her salvation.

Until she wakes up and realises she’s still trapped.

An evil twist on the "it was all a dream" plot device

Yes, I thought it was great.

The American edit managed to ruin it completely by cutting the 30 most important bloody seconds of the whole movie, the bit the title actually refers to, which was quite a feat. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

It is in my all time top 10 films but on recently rewatching Seven I hit a plot niggle:

The whole film was a struggle..everybody remembers the bit with the bloke rotting in bed and the head in the hatbox at the end but jeesus the rest was tedious...Morgan Freeman monologuing ( in his lovely voice admittedly )and SWAT teams shining torches around the place whilst shouting "clear"....did nobody ever think to turn on the lights in any of these buildings??

Advertisement