Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iOS 7 GM/Public Release

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Qwerty Dub

Still no sign of update on iTunes on my Macbook but the installation (not download) is at about 80% over the air on iPhone 5.

Not long now :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭yuloni

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

success

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭James__10

For those who have downloaded it.

Any reviews?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,743 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Started my 4S at exactly 6pm and I'm at the skinny white bar stage now... Started iPad at the same time but it failed with 8 minutes to go and now says 20 hours!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

An hour later and still not available through iTunes :( Was never this long previously. iTunes used to get it right away or maybe a few minutes later, i've always updated around 6pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

Here it is

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

Showing in itunes for me now, along with 11.1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭shanec1928

does anything have to be done if on the beta

• Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭topcatcbr

Been like this about 30 mins now :(.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭James__10

Any screenshots from iPad 3?

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Shzm

Says I need 3.1gb available space to do ota update. Is it different if I update via iTunes?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

Onto the final stages of update... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭shanec1928

DubDJ wrote: »
    An hour later and still not available through iTunes :( Was never this long previously. iTunes used to get it right away or maybe a few minutes later, i've always updated around 6pm.
    check again its there for me

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Qwerty Dub

Job done. Get to play with it now for the evening :-)

Yeah showing for me in iTunes too. Few error messages but it's now downloading. 3 hours remaining :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

It's nice clean and crisp. But that's all. The hype of ios7 is lost after a few mins of use I'm very sad to say

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭martin_g

for people having trouble downloading make sure you updated itunes to 11.1 otherwise you cant install

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

shanec1928 wrote: »
    does anything have to be done if on the beta

Either install the GM or restore to your previous iOS6 then update via Software Update.

Even with iTunes I keep receiving constant errors and have to restart the download. Its definitely the worse the server has been when it came to update day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

fox007 wrote: »
    It's nice clean and crisp. But that's all. The hype of ios7 is lost after a few mins of use I'm very sad to say

Yes, that's really giving it a good chance isn't it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

I feel like I'm trying to send a text on New Year's Eve.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

Downloaded with no issue OTA. Damn, it's pretty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

Still waiting. Says an hour. Crashed once. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

So the servers are struggling with the quantities

Now waiting for the "Wouldn't have happened in Steve Jobs time" or "Apple are going down the pan" posts any minute now!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

Still waiting. Says an hour. Crashed once. :P

Ditto

I think I give up till later. Just had to many errors and crashes. Got about half way once and then kicked me off again. Pretty annoying, wish I got there before the servers started to get overloaded.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,020 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Went from 3 hours down to 45 minutes, down to 15 minutes, up to an hour and now back up to 3 hours.

Has anyone found that its said 3 hours then suddenly started moving quickly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

My update has downloaded OTA to my iPad Mini, but the bloody thing won't let me install with a "Software Update Unavailable" error. Boo urns

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭jakdublin

Downloading OTA on iPhone 4, been stuck on one hour remaining for about 20 minutes. Downloading for ipad 3 via itunes. Told me I didn't have permission to download this resource the first few times I tried. Downloading now, 25 hours remaining.

Advertisement