Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iOS 7 GM/Public Release

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭saltyjack silverblade

It's so pretty! and functional!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

With millions of people trying to update all at once it's no wonder the servers get hit each time. Just give it time. You've waited since June, a little longer wont hurt :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Mine has started to download ...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,020 ✭✭✭Jofspring

First attempt failed, think i'll just wait till tomorrow. Don't have the time to be sitting by the phone for hours trying to update it. Still don't understand why they release it world wide at the same time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

Installing :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

Its a 3gb download over wifi.

http://www.imore.com/ios-7-out-come-and-get-it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

Stab*City wrote: »
    Its a 3gb download over wifi.

792mb according to mine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

L5 wrote: »
    792mb according to mine

mine too! just got 5 minutes remaining! *crosses fingers*

• Registered Users Posts: 9,736 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Stab*City wrote: »

iPad is 915MB over WiFi. iPhone 5 is 752MB over WiFi

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Qwerty Dub wrote: »
    Given an iPad 2 is the oldest device that takes the IOS7 update would people recommend holding off to see how it works for others first? any chance it will slow down the iPad and ruin the overall experience? Should I just update my iPhone 5 and hold off on the iPad 2?

Apple still have some iPad optimisation to do, so it might be worth holding off for a while. The iPad 2 actually has roughly the same processing power as the Mini and iPad 3. iOS 7 performs well on the Mini but not quite so well on the iPad 2 and 3. The issue likely lies with the iPad 3 which struggles to power its Retina display.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Fuh Q

"software update failed" :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Fuh Q wrote: »
    "software update failed" :(
    Ditto. Start for about ten minutes then failed. I think I'll leave it until later :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Doesnt detect the new update when connected to laptop but it does see it on the device itself.

An error occurred downloading iOS 7.0

728MB as well :O

• Registered Users Posts: 4,484 ✭✭✭harr

Downloading for the last 20 min then it failed
    Grrrrr :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

I get the failed too.

Is it worth updating the iPad 3?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

That website said 3gb :/ Anyway its installing now.. Skinny little loading bar too..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

Looked like it was almost finished, and it failed. Greatttt! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

verifying update now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Going to update the iphone 4

Not showing up in itunes yet though. It tells me I have the most up to date version which is 6.1.3

• Registered Users Posts: 4,020 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Update failed after about ten minutes, then wouldn't start at all. Now it has started and says 3 hours. Best off to wait I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Same here. Got half way through the download and gives me an error. Suppose I should wait till the servers have cooled down a bit later tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Jofspring wrote: »
    Update failed after about ten minutes, then wouldn't start at all. Now it has started and says 3 hours. Best off to wait I think.

Mine is preparing update.

I started downloading it though around 5.55pm. Looks like just a tiny little bit to go, going by the update bar.

It showed 4 hours at one point but likely to be finished in a few minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Raedwald

Updated last week to the developer GM! ��

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Fuh Q

I got to 4 mins remaining and it crashed.... :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Qwerty Dub

Downloaded......Verified..........Installing :-)

New white install screen with black apple logo as opposed to other way around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

I never updated past 6.1.2 & all im getting in my software update is 6.1.3... Do i have to update to that before i'll get the nod for iOS 7?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Is it easyier too get iOS 7 via iTunes or wirelessly on 4s?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭saltyjack silverblade

I didn't use itunes. I have to update my itunes to 11.1 first. Was easier just to go through general settings and software update.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

Showing on my phone but not in itunes yet, will wait a while before starting, prefer to update through itunes

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

On my Iphone 5 the only update showing is 6.1.4 do I have to do that update first or should it go straight to updating to ios 7 ?

edit: showing iOS 7 now.

Advertisement