Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iOS 7 GM/Public Release

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I view iOS 7 as another good opportunity to weed out the good developers from the bad. The good ones will update their apps to take advantage of the new OS, the bad ones will continue to use the same crappy cross-platform UI that they use in their Android apps. In meantime new developers can jump in and steel their users, who (in the absence of upgrade pricing) have nothing tying them to the previous apps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭BrookieD

have been running the GM for a day or so now. smooth and no crashing in any app only for TuneIn. some times it crases a fair few times on version 4.1

cannot find playback for rte2fm no harm there but the stream is dead.

Overall a good improvement to the look and feel from my part and as I am in the middle of app dev i can not look to take advantage of some new API's and dev the app according to this.

thumbs up from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

BrookieD wrote: »
    have been running the GM for a day or so now. smooth and no crashing in any app only for TuneIn. some times it crases a fair few times on version 4.1

cannot find playback for rte2fm no harm there but the stream is dead.

Overall a good improvement to the look and feel from my part and as I am in the middle of app dev i can not look to take advantage of some new API's and dev the app according to this.

thumbs up from me.

Yeah TuneIn keeps crashing for me too.

I used to have a scrolling issue in Facebook where when I tried to scroll it either wouldn't or bring up some random image! All seems to be good now!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Are the Adverts and eBay apps still crashing?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 5,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭culabula

The last beta was very buggy on iPhone 4. Haven't noticed any issues with the GM.

However, on iPad, I've noticed today (and had it confirmed by others) that I cannot switch from photo to video within camera.app.

• Advertisement

Further to my previous post, I note the exact same bug in Camera.app on an iPhone 4 as on iPad.

culabula wrote: »
    Further to my previous post, I note the exact same bug in Camera.app on an iPhone 4 as on iPad.

On the IOS 7 GM?

Works for me on iPhone 4 :S

On the IOS 7 GM?

Works for me on iPhone 4 :S

Yep, can't get it to toggle on either device.

Yep, can't get it to toggle on either device.

That's odd alright.

I notice in Camera.app that "burst mode" is working on my iPhone 4 despite information to the contrary on other sites.

Also, the rocker volume switch on my iPad is taking photos when pressed in either direction -was this always the case?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭mar1us

I had on iPhone 4 iOS7 beta 1 and 2 but didn't like it i use alot the tomtom app but didn't worked and now still that android looking ...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Apple are already testing iOS 7.0.1, 7.0.2 & 7.1 updates. The two first updates will probably be bugfixes but i'm hoping for new functionality with the 7.1 updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,140 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I notice in Camera.app that "burst mode" is working on my iPhone 4 despite information to the contrary on other sites.

Also, the rocker volume switch on my iPad is taking photos when pressed in either direction -was this always the case?

That's been the case since about iOS 4 or 5

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

Restored to the GM lastnight on my 4. Liking it a lot - it's very slick and much cleaner looking. Running pretty well with no crashes as of yet, apps stable and performing as good (or better) than before.

I just wish I knew beforehand that I needed a version of iTunes that doesn't exist yet for windows to sync music :(

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Bazsutto

Anyone know what time ios goes live tru iTunes on the 18 Sep?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Bazsutto wrote: »
    Anyone know what time ios goes live tru iTunes on the 18 Sep?

Its usually around 5/6pm our time.

Mellor wrote: »
    That's been the case since about iOS 4 or 5

Thanks for that. Funny, I never noticed before on iPad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

dmcg90 wrote: »
    Its usually around 5/6pm our time.

Does anyone know if the update from GM to final will be OTA since the upgrade from beta 6 wasn't OTA, it has me wondering now

Thanks

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Does anyone know if the update from GM to final will be OTA since the upgrade from beta 6 wasn't OTA, it has me wondering now

Thanks

Unless they release another GM (extremely unlikely at this late stage), the current GM is final and you won't need to update.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Herrick

How's it performing on the iPhone 4/4s for anyone here? Any lag or sluggishness?

• Advertisement

Herrick wrote: »
    How's it performing on the iPhone 4/4s for anyone here? Any lag or sluggishness?

Performing excellent on my iPhone 4. The other Beta's were fair laggy and had loads of bugs but this one seems very stable and no lag at all, love it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Herrick

Performing excellent on my iPhone 4. The other Beta's were fair laggy and had loads of bugs but this one seems very stable and no lag at all, love it!

Awesome! Can't wait to install it Wednesday :D

Herrick wrote: »

Perfect on my iPhone 4 except for a couple of bugs.

Unless they release another GM (extremely unlikely at this late stage), the current GM is final and you won't need to update.

I hope they do something because there is a major bug in that the camera is only shooting stills and not able to toggle to video. While others here have stated that it is working for them, I have two devices here in which this is present and have contacted others who have installed this GM and they are reporting the exact same problem

I hope they do something because there is a major bug in that the camera is only shooting stills and not able to toggle to video. While others here have stated that it is working for them, I have two devices here in which this is present and have contacted others who have installed this GM and they are reporting the exact same problem

Not having this issue either, so I assume it only affects certain devices, in which case it'll probably be fixed in 6.0.1. They'd only release a second GM for a major bug, like the WiFi problem in the 4.2 GM.

Not having this issue either, so I assume it only affects certain devices, in which case it'll probably be fixed in 6.0.1. They'd only release a second GM for a major bug, like the WiFi problem in the 4.2 GM.

Well, iPad 4 is a pretty significant device. I've just reset all settings and it still isn't working. Oh well, we will see on Weds if the version number differs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lardy

Having the camera issues on my ipad mini. Running silky smooh other than that.

Just me or did anyone notice the new sounds? They're awesome!

Like when you plug in the charger, turn the phone off silent, message alert, phone call etc.. Just something small but a lot better than before!

Just me or did anyone notice the new sounds? They're awesome!

Like when you plug in the charger, turn the phone off silent, message alert, phone call etc.. Just something small but a lot better than before!

Yes, very enjoyable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

Yeh I am seeing Burst mode on the 4S, Plus Filters. The camera app got far more than expected.

I am also, nearly positive you could only use the plus button to take pics. Now you can use both.

Advertisement