Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭wicklowdub

Happy with that

4109625618.png

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Same got Horizon the Weekend & 120mb delighted no issues with Wifi coverage im getting 135mb link speed on 5ghz SSID on my phone!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

And for anyone signing up to UPC theres a offer for boards users recieve a €50 voucher and there are more package options that are not available on there site.

http://www.upc.ie/boardsoffer/

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Robertr

Upc gone in grove?

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭HappyDaze007

Was just wondering what everybody else is paying for 120mb broadband and phone please..?

Think we're being ripped off at €60..!

Thanks for any help folks..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭hamstervision

Was just wondering what everybody else is paying for 120mb broadband and phone please..?

Think we're being ripped off at €60..!

We were paying €60 for TV, 120Mb broadband and phone but that deal expired. I rang them about it, they offered me a new 12-month contract but only 6 months at that price, so instead I cut the TV out and will now be paying €45 per month for the broadband and the phone (12-month contract).

Many thanks for your reply.

Think I'll get on to them and have a winge, have been thinking of changing to sky, I know they have a lower speed but that doesn't bother me, so long as it's above 3mb as I'm thinking of getting o e of those android boxes for the spare room...

Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭sso

We just got offered a 12 month deal. €25 a month for phone 120mb broadband and horizon!!! It's a 12 month contract so we can't go wrong with it. Just have to remember when the year is up or it will jump to €80! So far so good.

Managed to stay on the same package for €35 for 6 months and €45 for the following 6 months...

As my old man used to say....
    It's the sqeeky wheel that gets the grease..!

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭wardie214

Thanks to you I got a similar deal :). This is the value of this forum :).

sso wrote: »
    We just got offered a 12 month deal. €25 a month for phone 120mb broadband and horizon!!! It's a 12 month contract so we can't go wrong with it. Just have to remember when the year is up or it will jump to €80! So far so good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭MyPerfectCousin

Anyone else having problems with UPC Internet? its down most of the time since last night here.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭markest

Anyone else having problems with UPC Internet? its down most of the time since last night here.

Was OK but last 30 mlns showing as limited. Effectively stopped.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,790 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Letter arrived today saying UPC would be upgrading the local network in the village (ie Greystones) soon so the rest of us can get broadband & digital TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,625 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Was looking at some houses in Redford park this week - while walking down one of the roads you can see the old cable going from house to house, then at one point it just stops! Oops, someone cut it when they replaced their fascias!

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭legrand

loyatemu wrote: »
    Letter arrived today saying UPC would be upgrading the local network in the village (ie Greystones) soon so the rest of us can get broadband & digital TV.

Is there a website link you can post (or can you scan and attach image of the leaflet)?

• Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Anyone else losing their recordings on the Horizon box? Went to watch a movie I had on the box and it's gone along with a load of other recordings?

legrand wrote: »
    Is there a website link you can post (or can you scan and attach image of the leaflet)?

I asked in "Talk to: UPC" and all they would say was "within the next 6 months"

the letter said they'd be working in 2 stages - firstly attaching new cable to the house then returning later to remove the old cable (the existing cable is strung along the front of the houses in my estate).

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ro23

I see they're digging up church road at the moment for it.

ro23 wrote: »
    I see they're digging up church road at the moment for it.

Their fibre drops from the railway line near the south beach, I assume they need to connect back to there.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭adam240610

Got a notice in mail this morning about UPC running fibre across house soon, in Redford.

• Advertisement

Trying to work from home and getting sh1te speeds. Anyone else experiencing this? :mad:

4769983309.png

You're with Magnet?

LEIN wrote: »
    You're with Magnet?

No, I'm not - I'm definitely with UPC. Not sure why SpeedTest thinks I'm with Magnet. It's improved slightly in the meantime thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭timmythesheep

Robertr wrote: »
    Nice result over wifi with new router:

4066919240.png

What router were you using? I have UPC 240 but the best I get on wifi, about 6ft away from router, is 30

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭FirstIn

What router were you using? I have UPC 240 but the best I get on wifi, about 6ft away from router, is 30

What were you running your test on? Different results for different devices. I tested an iPhone 5 beside a new iPad and the phone managed about 30Mb while the new iPad showed over 100Mb.

Tried this a number of time and the same result.

So beware comparing apples and oranges!

Get as new a device as you can, tablet or laptop and try it then.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭domel

Guys,

Has anyone experienced frequent modem restarts (loosing sync) my one does it at least 2-3 times a day?

My restarts are averaging once a fortnight. Wired stuff is fine, wifi needs the kick in the arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭JanneG

My router had to constantly be rebooted (1-2 times per day) due to dropping the WiFi, but then got the router replaced about 2 months ago.

Think I've had it restarted once in that time... and that was due to pulling the wrong power plug...

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭wicklowdub

I've had the same issue since last weekend, I've been onto support and had a factory reset & a channel change - neither of which has made any difference. Interesting that someone else is having the same experience. Its obviously not a problem with individual routers then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ro23

Anyone had any word on how the upgrade to the network is going in Greystones?

Advertisement