Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

astrofluff wrote: »
    I think the F is Foul sewer - the quality of that line is sh.....

Hahaha, I can't stop laughing now Astro

• Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Seeing a white van and then seeing UPC spray painted are most likely two unconnected incidents. Maybe the factory got UPC in months ago?! But I live in hope! :)

I had a very long chat last month with UPC about the stone age systems in Greystones.

The guy said that there are no plans to upgrade Greystones or Charlesland. He said in many cases like this, it's usually down to planning issues as UPC would love to have the whole area cabled to offer Horizon and HD so they can make money and TBH he has a point.

Like you Astro, I live in hope. I'll be moving to Sky next September unless they can offer us a better service.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,625 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

So now I see there's Sierra digging up the ground on Mill Road near the end of St. Vincent's Road. On one of the signs it says this is 'on behalf of UPC'?! Anyone know anything?

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

UPC are currently upgrading my estate. I was told a month ago that there were no plans to upgrade at all. Don't lose all hope. It seems that a lot of UPC's reps don't know what is going on.

I've been hounding them here and twitter and I keep getting the "no plans" answer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭JanneG

DD9090 wrote: »
    I've been hounding them here and twitter and I keep getting the "no plans" answer.

Called UPC about 3 weeks ago to ask them and was told no plans. Ended up with a €7 discount due to unavailability of the current base package.

Yes a €7 discount but agreeing to a 12 month contract at the same time I suppose. Will eircom TV be better than UPC by the time it's up?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Eponymous

So now I see there's Sierra digging up the ground on Mill Road near the end of St. Vincent's Road. On one of the signs it says this is 'on behalf of UPC'?! Anyone know anything?
    They could be putting the cable underground there. The UPC cable is currently going over gardens etc, so they may just be removing those?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭eigrod

Yes a €7 discount but agreeing to a 12 month contract at the same time I suppose. Will eircom TV be better than UPC by the time it's up?!

If anyone has Eircom TV, could they give some feedback here on how they are getting on with it ? (might be a bit early for this yet)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,790 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Eponymous wrote: »
    They could be putting the cable underground there. The UPC cable is currently going over gardens etc, so they may just be removing those?

if they're doing any sort of work on the Greystones cable its news. I'd imagine the only other work they've done in the last 20 years is fixing faults.

• Advertisement

Indeed, but even before price drop it was still a better deal for the pack I require than what Eircom will provide. Gave up on UPC tv years ago.

Eponymous wrote: »

The routing of the ductwork is on the IDA side of Mill Road. They have dug up the ground as far as the Council compound (beside Script) with an access chamber cover labelled 'UPC' part the way along.

Further towards the south beach car park there are arrows on the footpath indicating the direction of the next line of trench to be dug. I'm not sure if the trench will be immediately in front of the 'Fáilte' planter or go around the back of the planter and then pass through between the two 'Slán' and 'Fáilte' planters. It will then cross the Woodlands access to the footpath at the beach carpark. It's been awfully quiet on the VDSL cabs installation front. Thankfully something else to keep me amused. :pac:

this is like birdwatching for IT nerds - I assume you have some sort of hide so the UPC workers don't get spooked and fly off?
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

loyatemu wrote: »
    this is like birdwatching for IT nerds - I assume you have some sort of hide so the UPC workers don't get spooked and fly off?
    :pac:

3B6E97F0E9B642C8B9AE7BA4833043A8-0000315917-0003435381-00275L-4F45E6A529F043618DBDBECCBCE1AD5C.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

Anyone having a problem with upc broadband? Mine's not working

dr ro wrote: »

Mine is fine atm. I wasn't home at the time you posted though.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

Thanks, but I did the old plug it out and back in again trick and am sorted now.

The ductwork from Charlesland to the railway line is now all completed. Next stage will be to run a fibre cable (most likely along the train line from Bray) all the way to Charlesland. Fingers crossed there'll be full suite of UPC services available in the coming months.

The ductwork from Charlesland to the railway line is now all completed. Next stage will be to run a fibre cable (most likely along the train line from Bray) all the way to Charlesland. Fingers crossed there'll be full suite of UPC services available in the coming months.

Where are you getting this information from?

I just hope you're right.

is that definitely what the roadworks were for?

there is already fibre along the railway line owned by BT, UPC may be planning to lease a pair from them.

it would be great if they used this opportunity to upgrade the system in the rest of Greystones too.

• Advertisement

Where are you getting this information from?

I just hope you're right.

I don't have any hard facts it's for a new fiber link - I passed the work by Sierra about twice a day while they were digging the road watching the route. The ductwork runs all the way up to just before where the Pizza van parks, the duct crosses the footpath and goes behind the fence to the railway line. With the existing duct from Shoreline to Charlesland, that's now a straight run to the railway line. I am putting two and two together, so yes, fingers crossed!

Anyone else w/o broadband this morning?

JanneG wrote: »
    Anyone else w/o broadband this morning?

On and off. When on, it's unbelievably slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭eleMental

On and off. When on, it's unbelievably slow.

Mines gone too, tried rebooting and now it's stuck with only some of the green lights on / flashing and won't fully reconnect :(

• Registered Users Posts: 21,432 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Mine was out here in Bray, but came back 10-15 minutes ago.

Cheers. Will check again when I get home.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭yoshiktk

At least they did updade the "service check" site. Estimated repair time: none....
    Great. It would be faster for me to drive to Arklow to hand pendrive with data then sending it over email :/

Mine seems normal again.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭MyPerfectCousin

dr ro wrote: »

Mine's being crappy tonight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭gramo

Mine's being crappy tonight

Same here.. Rebooted but it's gone slow now

Advertisement