Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How would you react to somebody 'starting on you' on a night out?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

lahalane wrote: »
    Ah I wouldn't have bothered. I felt sorry for him. He's screwed up his life and doesn't look like he'll ever get it together. I'm not one for holding grudges.

Very admirable man, wish I could do the same, but ill only get my own back if they really deserve it. I will let a specific amount of time to pass then I'll give their upcommance, Ill abide my time and wait for the right opportunity.

Sometimes there is no justice when it comes to f**kers you meet on a night out that wrong people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

I'd cry. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭Frosty McSnowballs

I'd cry. :o

Just hit them with your shopping!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Walking home after a work night out and had a group of about 10 or 12 guys try to start some trouble by throwing apples at me from the other side of the road and about 40 yards behind me. They were all late teens and not one of them would have tried it on if they were only a couple of them there. I did think about going back after them if they managed to hit me, instead of the apples smashing on the ground near me, but thought better of it, as it would have only ended in one of a few ways. Me getting my head kicked in. Me getting my head kicked in and getting in legal trouble for thumping some scumbag, who has a dozen witnesses to say I started it. Drawing some family of scumbags into my life by engaging with them in some way. Considering I was three sheets to the wind, I was glad I choose to ignore the impulse to do anything but keep walking and ignore them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

SV wrote: »
    By internet warrior I meant anyone who comes along here saying they'd 'smash their heads in' or 'break the neck of anyone who lays a finger on me'
    It's just internet bravado and unless you're a very very unique person(as in hollywood style unique) it does not apply to real life and noone believes a word you're saying anyway.

Theres nothing tough or brave in real life about accepting a fight you could very easily be killed in.

If you were hit in the back of the head and turned around to see 5 or 6 lads staring at you waiing for you to make a move you'd run, and if you say you'd stay and fight then you're not tough, you're a fúcking idiot.

edit: also, how am I being paranoid? :confused: That makes absolutely no sense.
    Unless you actually meant parinod and that means something else but I've never heard of that word before.

so i was right , anyone that does not agree with your "walk away" position is a keyboard warrior ????
    according to who ? you ?
    you might allow violence against yourself - i would not , and i said so.
    how does that make anyone a keyboard warrior ? they are stating a position

as for my spelling mistake - good man - everyone loves a smart arse

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭lahalane

dj jarvis wrote: »
    so i was right , anyone that does not agree with your "walk away" position is a keyboard warrior ????
    according to who ? you ?

I suspect he was differentiating between people who said 'I would confront them' and 'I'd hammer the ****e out of the lot of them'.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Word of warning... My brother in law and a friend got pushed around in a pizza place , 3 big lads pushing my short arse brother in law and mate about to look big ....
    Started up outside again, one thug got knocked out cold, minus his teeth... And the BiL is currently doing 18 months in mountjoy .....
    (he was accused of kicking yr man when on the ground,which he denied,that with a cranky judge and crap legal council got him a stretch...

So keep walking .....

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭az2wp0sye65487

Happened to me a couple of times growing up, and even in recent years while out for a run some evenings.

While I usually do the smart thing and ignore it I can't help but let it ruin the rest of my day. I constantly dwell on it and feel like shyte for ignoring it. The last time was a few months back when I was out for a run and a lad with a bunch of his mates backing him up decided he'd try to intimidate me by cycling by and screaming at me when up close behind me. I heard him approach the 2nd time and was able to turn and grab him and throw him on the ground.

I started shouting at him to leave me alone I'm doing no harm just out for a quiet run etc etc but his mates instantly surrounded me and he then wanted a 'straightener'... I had to swallow my pride and get out of there. Luckily these lads couldn't keep up!

But again I was in a terrible mood afterwards and let it ruin my day!

Looking back, I know it's always the right thing to do by ignoring it but I usually get an adrenaline rush - my heart starts pounding and I actually start shaking (arms, hands, legs)... Takes me a while to calm down and eventually let it go.

But even reading this thread and talking about something that happened months ago has me wound up again!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

He abused the girl I was with but she said she didn't care about him and just wanted to leave. When he followed us back I got the impression he was just looking for any reason to start throwing punches again. I am not going to get into an argument with a guy with his history. I swallowed my pride and let it fizzle out. He went home. We went to bed. We never had trouble with him again anytime we met him out. Since then he's been back in jail twice.

I'd do the exact same thing if it happened again.

Get the ride?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

I'm a big guy with long hair and tattoos and at first glance look like someone who can handle myself. The fact that I'm a gentle giant is neither here nor there.
    I have never been started on or even been given lip by anyone is no surprise because these vermin will only act the prick when they are 100% on coming out on top.
    Put yourself in their runners for a minute, no one likes getting a smack in the mouth so why risk it ?
    They are cowards of the highest degree and will always outnumber you. Vermin utter vermin.

I am a great believer of what goes around comes around, and one day they will have their comeuppance.
    You'll probably see them in a couple of years shuffling around begging for a fix. Zero morals.

For the record I would like to say I would have ripped them apart but sometimes the shock of something just makes you want to get out of danger.

Fight or flight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭Vicar in a tutu

Depends how big they were:o It's very easy to be full of bravado when not in the situation, I like to think I'd give as much as I got, but ya never know..

wprathead wrote: »
    Get the ride?

Bart!!...Yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

A while ago I was walking out of the nightclub and as I was passing some lads in tracksuits outside, one of them hit me in the back of the head. I kept walking without looking back and there was no follow up.

You did the right thing, because if you had confronted them you may well have ended up dead with a stab wound in the back.

...and now you have the rest of your life to look forward to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

dj jarvis wrote: »
    according to who ? you ?

No. You weren't right. You should read what I actually read before jumping to conclusions.
    People who say what they'd do and that they'd beat them this way and that way and blah blah blah, yeah, they're internet warriors. They're saying they'd do things that not in a million years would they do, it's funny because the amount of people who say they're capable of this makes me wonder why there isn't an after hours vigilante crew.
    Most saying what they'd do to people have got about as close to fighting as playing a bit of tekken.

Ok, good for you. I would still bet any money that if someone started on you and you didn't think you could hold your own against them that you'd walk away with your tail between your legs.
    If you wouldn't then you're an idiot, plain and simple.

Are you actually going to explain what you meant by calling me paranoid then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭Dublinpato

I do not understand the motivations of the people in this story, except maybe you getting the ride off some fit mental bird, but even then it's questionable.

That's what i said but we all wen't down to the garage before they locked the door's and got free muffins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

I have fought and I have walked away
    The difference is the odds of getting in trouble either with the law or in the fight
    This idea that anyone who fights is an Internet hard man or anyone who walks is a pussy is stupid
    However

Tigger wrote: »
    I have fought and I have walked away
    The difference is the odds of getting in trouble either with the law or in the fight
    This idea that anyone who fights is an Internet hard man or anyone who walks is a pussy is stupid
    However

No offence taken Tiggs :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

I would have went home and washed my head. You never know what disease you could catch from his filthy hand.

I would have went home and washed my head. You never know what disease you could catch from his filthy hand.

ah you're not one of them are ye?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭pharmaton

I get all warm and soft and cuddly when I'm drunk, my inner pacifist comes out and I could ease the war in Syria with my delicate diplomacy so no I probably wouldn't be doing the aggression or fighty stuff when under the influence but I do wonder what it says about me because I'm a nasty cold ice queen at all other times. God save. I repress my humanity and capacity for compassion daily.

• Advertisement

happened to me, many many years ago, on o connel st dublin.

couple of very big lads started on my brother, knocked him to the ground and started kicking him in head.

big mistake!!
    i went for them, im a girl by the way. we were out a night for my going away from dublin.
    never happened before, never happened after.
    guards showed up, as i had jumped up onto one of the lads backs, grabbed a chain around his neck and honestly if it hadnt broken it wudnt really hurt his neck!

in fairness the guards knew we didnt start it cos it was on CCTV but my brother didnt go through with pressing statements because he was worried bout me at the time.

id would do it again, million times over.

they should be scared of me!!!!:D:D:D

bubblypop wrote: »
    happened to me, many many years ago, on o connel st dublin.

couple of very big lads started on my brother, knocked him to the ground and started kicking him in head.

big mistake!!
    i went for them, im a girl by the way. we were out a night for my going away from dublin.
    never happened before, never happened after.
    guards showed up, as i had jumped up onto one of the lads backs, grabbed a chain around his neck and honestly if it hadnt broken it wudnt really hurt his neck!

in fairness the guards knew we didnt start it cos it was on CCTV but my brother didnt go through with pressing statements because he was worried bout me at the time.

id would do it again, million times over.

they should be scared of me!!!!:D:D:D

you know what i do be in town the odd time and you're name ring's a bell, you're not bubblypop the chain strangler are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭chopper666

Get a gun.....aka the grand leveller

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Play a fun petrol and matches game with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

OP, you should have went home got your car drove back and drove right into them, yehhhh

vicwatson wrote: »
    OP, you should have went home got your car drove back and drove right into them, yehhhh

NO!!! drink driving is illegal, he should at least have 3 cup's of coffee and jump in a cold shower to sober up first then he can get in his car and run them over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Festy

Just shave your head bald and grow a beard.

Bald and beard = don't mess with

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭az2wp0sye65487

Festy wrote: »
    Just shave your head bald and grow a beard.

Bald and beard = don't mess with

Like Walter White?

"I am the one who knocks"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

AH Answer: I would end him
    Real Answer: Avoid the situation at all costs

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

I first read ''how would you react to someone sharting on you on a night out'' :pac:

Advertisement