Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Facts of life you've found to be true

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

Eden's dog for 2 bob and yours for 50c each. :mad:
    Post reported for animal cruelty. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭Legs.Eleven

Post reported for animal cruelty. :(

I'd sell them to good homes?

I'd sell them to good homes?
    They have a good home. :P

Is there an epidemic of missing dogs in Spain at the moment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭Femme_Fatale

Beer before you lick her, not as bitter
    Beery cunnilingus may cause thrush.
    People working in HR or anything to do with career support do absolutely no work whatsoever.
    I must say that to my sister-in-law who works in HR for a multinational and doesn't get home until 10pm most nights.

People who make wild allegations about HR are angry that they didn't get the job/promotion.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭ViveLaVie

Why promote someone or pay them more when they are willing to do it for free - I don't understand why more people don't realise this. Do what you're paid to do and go home.

A guy I know worked voluntarily for a company for six months and got a full time, permanent job out of it in the end.

A girl I know went well above the call of duty doing extra work on placement and was the only one to be taken on the following year.

• Advertisement

ViveLaVie wrote: »
    A guy I know worked voluntarily for a company for six months and got a full time, permanent job out of it in the end.

Another girl I know went well above the call of duty doing extra work on placement and was the only one to be taken on the following year.
    Do they still continue to work for free?

If you're in employment and voluntarily work extra hours without payment it will quickly be expected of you. No employer is going to promote, or give a payrise, to someone who is already doing the job for lower status or pay.

Work to live, not live to work. I've never been unemployed, I do what's expected of me and am efficient. If they want more they can pay me for it.

• Site Banned Posts: 63 ✭✭Carrie Madshaw

That the Irish football team will always resort to long balls.. sigh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

That the Irish football team will always resort to long balls.. sigh

I haven't watched Irish international soccer since Jack Charlton was manager, and they're STILL at that craic?

Jesus :(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,061 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Kagawa10 wrote: »
    That storks don't deliver babies :mad:
    Friend told me its when daddy puts his willy inside mammy and then pees
    :eek:

no no ,

when parents want to make a baby, they hug in a special way

:eek:

no no ,

when parents want to make a baby, they hug in a special way
    But only when a man and a woman are in love and married.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,061 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

smash wrote: »
    You can't buy a living dinosaur!
    You can.

'cept nowadays we call them birds.

cassowary foot http://i.imgur.com/BrUxTnl.png
    cassowary http://i.imgur.com/YbvHOBB.jpg

That's only if you're horizontal.

Safe if you do it standing up.
    Actually it looks like it could be genetic, some people are more predisposed to it than others.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

:eek::eek:
    You're off the Christmas party invitation list. My dogs are my babies.

Does that make you a bitch :S :P

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

most people who think they have a good sense of humour........dont

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Everyone thinks their wedding is special and unique.

Having spend years as a barman and working 2 of these every week from May to September they are all a blur.

I can't recall a single one that stood out in any special way.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4 accountdeleted

never drink like ur da, cos it will make you suicidal

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Merelyme

When you're 18, you're absolutely certain that you know it all.

When you're 25 you ponder the fact that you may not have known it all when you were 18, but dammit, you do now.

When you're 30 you accept that maybe, just maybe, there just might be more to learn than that which you learned up until you were 30.

When you're 40 you're too busy grinding out a life to think about what you did and didn't know in the last 20 years or so.

When you're 50 an awareness of self and life has gradually subsumed your ego and you realise that there's possibly more to learn.

When you're 60 you say to yourself "jaysus, I knew nothing over the last 40 years or so."

When you're 70 you think to yourself " hehe, life is a constant learning curve and only when I'm on my death-bed will I have finally learned all there is to learn - all that I've been allowed to learn, there's probably more."

When you're 80 you finally stop 'pondering', 'thinking', 'surmising' and so on. You've learned one major thing and you know you're absolutely right: " I knew f*ck-all all my life and I still know f*ck-all."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

Elbaston wrote: »
    Incorrect.
    You could promise infinite money and youd still be told no. very quickly.

Speaking from the viewpoint of someone who's not been offered €10,000,000,000.
    Likewise the fight or flight reaction when faced with a man with a knife.

Untill it happens you cannot say with any credulity that you 100% categorically wouldn't consider it.

For the record i'd like to say i'd say no, i like my family, it's a nice tight-knit group, etc, but that's a lot of zeroes......

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

CruelCoin wrote: »
    Speaking from the viewpoint of someone who's not been offered €10,000,000,000.
    Likewise the fight or flight reaction when faced with a man with a knife.

Untill it happens you cannot say with any credulity that you 100% categorically wouldn't consider it.

For the record i'd like to say i'd say no, i like my family, it's a nice tight-knit group, etc, but that's a lot of zeroes......

Apt username of the week goes to.....:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

I know its fairly light hearted but you are proper retarded if you think anyone would kill their family to be a billionaire. I can live without a yaght, owning some football team, I couldn't live knowing I killed my family for some money. The beatles said it best, money can't buy me love.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

Apt username of the week goes to.....:p

DING DING DING!

Congratulations! You are the 5th person to say that this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

It's not what you know, it's who you know.

People don't give a shít about what you think of them so why should you give one about what they think of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

tempnam wrote: »
    My O/H always says:

"Holding a grudge is like taking poison and expecting the other person to suffer"

Watching modern family the other night

Cam: As I always say, it's better to carry a tune than a grudge.
    Mitch: Ok, but you've never actually said that.

You gotta love that show:D
    CruelCoin wrote: »
    €10,000,000,000 to kill your family.

I know you'd say "you monster, i'd never even consider it", but when it comes down to it, i'm not sure many people could say no to that kind of money.

Add enough zeroes and yes, everything can be bought.

I don't think so.
    I'd kill plenty of people for free, but I wouldn't kill anyone for money and I certainly wouldn't harm my family for money, no matter how many zeroes there were.
    I've already got plenty of zeroes in my bank accounts anyway, it's just their location relative to the decimal point that needs changing. The zeroes themselves are absolutely fine.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭GorillaRising

The guy in the gym with the huge headphones is 'doing it wrong'.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭passremarkable

Carl cox

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

The money was never resting in Fr.Teds account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

That youth is indeed wasted on the young.

That in spite of feminism, women remain hardest on each other.

That the more attractive you are, the harder things will be -peers pick on you as a teen, men think you think you're out of their league, women think you think you're above them...when neither is true.

That the longest life is short and that nobody will ever love you as much as your parents do.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    That the longest life is short and that nobody will ever love you as much as your parents do.

That I completely disagree with!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

enda1 wrote: »
    That I completely disagree with!

Fair enough! They've been true for me :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    That the more attractive you are, the harder things will be

Not true.

Advertisement