Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Facts of life you've found to be true

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Itwasntme.

PingO_O wrote: »
    This isn't really a fact of life but I've found it it to be true anyway, alan watts says it in one of his talks when he talks about what (he thinks) life's all about ,"It was a musical thing and you were supposed to dance"

I find it comforting because I'm always worrying about the future and what I'm supposed to be doing with my life but it doesn't really matter as long as I enjoy it, sorry to get so philosophical AH bros.

I like this but what if life only plays music I don't like or what if the volume is so low, I can't hear it?
    chrissb8 wrote: »
    Those who are a**holes do indeed get what's coming to them.......due to...yep you guessed it, being an a**hole.

Everything in life that you think is bad and will never end does. Accept that and realise that for most of us in our lifes there is more good than bad.

People can change. It is only the negative perceptions we place on these people that don't.

Stand up for yourself. People always give the "not worth it" shtick. It always is. Head held high, self pride and dignity are all our rights in life to have, don't let someone cheapen that. (obviously this does not apply to dangerous physical situations. Best advice: get outta dodge)

Do what you want in the spectrum of reality. If you want to be a free spirit and live in the woods go do it. Don't complain when you're low on money and that. If you're unhappy in your job leave.

Don't listen to your parents about the future. That's yours and you do whatever you want with it. If all they want to do is see you happy. Then they'll let you go be happy.

Sitting down and doing nothing is one of lifes greatest pleasures. Pure freedom. It's not a waste of time if you enjoy it. I know I do.

Never assume anyone you think to be in a lower job (cleaner,binman etc.) is stupid. A lot of these people are smarter then you will ever be. Most people can read. Just because you decided for college and he/she didn't mind or wanted to do that work means nothing.

People only care for the "good old days" when their lifes are crap. So don't have a crap life. Go out and do the things you want to do. Who says the fun ever has to stop?

I give you an A+ good sir. A marriage proposal is in the mail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

KKkitty wrote: »
    Should be YODO= You only die once. You live every day til then.

Your dead every day after

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

That people would prefer to ring Joe Duffy than have the problem solved

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

The ladies outside toilets doling out bog-roll in spain/greece are sadists.

You can never wipe with just 3 sheets. You just can't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

CruelCoin wrote: »
    The ladies outside toilets doling out bog-roll in spain/greece are sadists.

You can never wipe with just 3 sheets. You just can't.

Toilet paper rations in those countries?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

that I don't know what a tracker mortgage is.....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,402 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

The cowardly, stupid and gullible outnumber you greatly.

The no. 1 reason why this country will always be f@cked! :(

The majority are never right!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭playedalive

People working in HR or anything to do with career support do absolutely no work whatsoever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Toilet paper rations in those countries?

They can afford to have public toilets in those countries?

I was initially surprised, and then I remembered it wasn't the ancient Greeks that invented the sewage system and the outdoor toilets, it was the ancient Romans if I remember correctly from my first year history class... Yep-

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sanitation_in_ancient_Rome

Meanwhile, back in Ireland, some parts of the country are still having to buy bottled water, 2,000 years later.

I really wish the Romans had come to Ireland.

Czarcasm wrote: »
    They can afford to have public toilets in those countries?

I was initially surprised, and then I remembered it wasn't the ancient Greeks that invented the sewage system and the outdoor toilets, it was the ancient Romans if I remember correctly from my first year history class... Yep-

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sanitation_in_ancient_Rome

Meanwhile, back in Ireland, some parts of the country are still having to buy bottled water, 2,000 years later.

Is this some sort of paddy self hate post?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

That money actually is everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭joeguevara

The Japanese flag is actually a pie chart of how much of Japan is Japan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Is this some sort of paddy self hate post?

Not at all, I detest incompetent pricks no matter what their nationality! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭Legs.Eleven

krudler wrote: »
    Stop the thread....what?

Umm...ye know...clean your arse?

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭emmabrighton

Things are never as bad as they first seem.

and

Problems always look smaller in the morning.

or

Its always darkest before the dawn.

(*i hope*)

Umm...ye know...clean your arse?

I get ya. You meet a nice fella on a night out and you are thinking I wouldn't mind a sneaky finger in the bum from him so you bring the wipes so you won't leave a stain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

I get ya. You meet a nice fella on a night out and you are thinking I wouldn't mind a sneaky finger in the bum from him so you bring the wipes so you won't leave a stain

:eek: Christ....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

KKkitty wrote: »
    Should be YODO= You only die once. You live every day til then.

Now everyone is thinking of a little green pointy eared guy saying "Die once you do only".

If you put your ear to a persons thigh you'll hear "What the fúck are you doing?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Paco Rodriguez

That this is the worst thread title ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

token101 wrote: »
    The grass isn't always greener, particularly in Australia.

Agreed, I didn't like Australia much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

Czarcasm wrote: »

You need only compare vast swathes of modern day sub-Saharan Africa to ancient Rome for a similar comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

Ya or if your doing it with a lass doggy style, use wipes so there will be no stench, this is actually important as the smell of crap during sex is a big turnoff.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Put Kleenex in your golf bag if you play enough golf, you will at some stage need to crap in the woods.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,283 ✭✭✭ronjo

razorblunt wrote: »
    Put Kleenex in your golf bag if you play enough golf, you will at some stage need to crap in the woods.

After 20 years plus of playing I have yet to experience or see that.

I would say on the golf theme that a provisional is almost guaranteed to be a perfect shot though

• Registered Users Posts: 24,196 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

The greatest thing money buys is freedom.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭pajor

That Murphy's Law is true fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 tw2013

You right IvaBigWun. That's the funniest true in life.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭eyescreamcone

Prayer is a common solution to all worries.....

Me Bollix it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Claasman

There are 3 things I don't mind spending money on:

good shoes
    a good bed
    and a good chair.

If you're not in 1 of them, you're in the other.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

ronjo wrote: »
    After 20 years plus of playing I have yet to experience or see that.

I would say on the golf theme that a provisional is almost guaranteed to be a perfect shot though

Agreed on the second one.

I also admire your cast iron stomach good sir.

Advertisement