Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Milkround Offers 2013/2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,091 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Did anyone have an interview with nolan & partners?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 moneyonmymind

Anyone going to the EY night next week?

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭jus_tin4

ryanf1 wrote: »
    Did anyone have an interview with nolan & partners?

nope

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Obrieski

Anyone going to the EY night next week?

was there last week, quite informal just few drinks, presentation, tour of the office that kind of scene

• Advertisement

Obrieski wrote: »
    was there last week, quite informal just few drinks, presentation, tour of the office that kind of scene

Cheers. Was it worth going to?I'm in galway so debating whether or not its worth the drive up to dublin.

Got a no from O Brien Harnett.

Cheers. Was it worth going to?I'm in galway so debating whether or not its worth the drive up to dublin.

I'd always recommend going to these things, good first impression and all that like. It is a fair spin from Galway for it, you don't exactly miss much but I'd always be cautious with these events. Also gives you the chance to meet the rest of the newcomers and realise everyone is in the same nervous boat as you!

Obrieski wrote: »
    I'd always recommend going to these things, good first impression and all that like. It is a fair spin from Galway for it, you don't exactly miss much but I'd always be cautious with these events. Also gives you the chance to meet the rest of the newcomers and realise everyone is in the same nervous boat as you!

Yeah,be good to meet the people i'm working with. Did it end at 8 or did people go for drinks afterwards?

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭jus_tin4

Anyone ever interview in Delaney Locke & Thorpe? have one next week? any tips?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 unknown1990

Hey guys, does anyone know if Deloitte has been in touch? They said they'd be in contact in April. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Aine20

Hey guys, does anyone know if Deloitte has been in touch? They said they'd be in contact in April. Thanks

Was wondering same myself but I havnt heard anything from them yet anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭MrSzyslak

Aine20 wrote: »
    Was wondering same myself but I havnt heard anything from them yet anyway

me too,, will update if I do.

MrSzyslak wrote: »
    me too,, will update if I do.

Received a letter from Deloitte today with all info on what they need us to send

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Melon head

What would be the average salary for a training contract? Would ye think you would get an increase in salary after passing the CAP2 stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Average starting salary would be around 22K.
    Will go up every year and usually there is an bonus each year if you pass your exams

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭drphil90

does anyone have a link to a thread discussing what working life is like inside of each of these organisations? I've found a few on State Street and Citibank but haven't come across the big 4 one yet

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Kiltennel

drphil90 wrote: »
    does anyone have a link to a thread discussing what working life is like inside of each of these organisations? I've found a few on State Street and Citibank but haven't come across the big 4 one yet

Haven't found any specific threads but glassdoor.com is generally a safe bet. http://www.glassdoor.com/index.htm. I know people who have worked in all of the Big 4, heard positive reports about PwC, KPMG, and Deloitte. Heard pretty poor reports about EY and I think their corporate structure is supposed to be a bit arseways with Dublin apparently reporting to London now rather than EY Ireland being independent of EY UK like the other 3. Someone who is more informed on EY will be able to paint a better picture there.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 RN001

Does anyone know what happens if you miss the 2.1 requirement? I think I sat one poor exam which will bring my average down - will a firm revoke my contract even with full cap1?

Interview for Tax Trainee role on Wednesday. Hopefully 6th time lucky!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 RN001

Congrats ! What firm?

RN001 wrote: »
    Congrats ! What firm?

Hughes Blake in Dublin. Only applied this morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭scheister

ryanf1 wrote: »
    Hughes Blake in Dublin. Only applied this morning!

well done ryan fingers crossed for ya

They wanted me to come today, don't know if that means anything?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭jubella

Has anyone applied for trainee positions in Bord na Mona Newbridge? A friend is anxious that she hasn't heard anything since doing online tests.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭niamhzie

Hi all,
    For those doing Audit in EY, what's the start date?
    I'm a late applicant on the scene, haven't been told anything so far.

Anyone get a start date from Deloitte yet?

Think it's 8th September for EY!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 dreamland4321

I'm also a late applicant & have been told pretty much nothing so far

Would anyone know what the start date for audit in PwC Dublin is ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

I'm also a late applicant & have been told pretty much nothing so far

Would anyone know what the start date for audit in PwC Dublin is ?

Think it's around October 20th with 1 day the week before for IT training possibly.

Advertisement