Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Milkround Offers 2013/2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭MLC61

Got the call earlier today - all I know is that he had applied for audit and interviewed with them in October.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 bunnythebunny

MLC61 wrote: »
    Got the call earlier today - all I know is that he had applied for audit and interviewed with them in October.
    wow thats pretty early~ I did mine interv on early Nov and I apply for tech consulting.... still no call.. i assume it is a No offer for me??? at least i want to to see a reject email plzzzzzzzzzz...

I think that you can take it that you were not first choice for the offers, however you were not ruled out straight away either.
    You may yet get an offer based on the number of no's that they get from their initial offers.
    Keep the faith.

I think that you can take it that you were not first choice for the offers, however you were not ruled out straight away either.
    You may yet get an offer based on the number of no's that they get from their initial offers.
    Keep the faith.
    yeah thanks for your replay and i totally agree with u ~ I must be on the waiting list unless there is someone reject the offer or whatever... I hate these waiting dates... just want to put an end of this...

Dont give too much detail in your posts - if you are still under consideration.

Best of luck.

• Advertisement

Dont give too much detail in your posts - if you are still under consideration.

Best of luck.
    thanks for remind~

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭sureitsgrand

Very similar situation here re consulting in Deloitte.

Interviewed over 2 weeks ago and still no word one way or the other. Emailed last week and they said they would be back by today at the latest….

It's now 5.25 on a Friday!!!!

Quite agonising!

Very similar situation here re consulting in Deloitte.

Interviewed over 2 weeks ago and still no word one way or the other. Emailed last week and they said they would be back by today at the latest….

It's now 5.25 on a Friday!!!!

Quite agonising!
    exactly same situation here!! I emailed them b4 and they also said today is the latest day 22nd!!! And yes its 17:30 I dont think there will be any news coming...

and I think we both for the waiting list.. as I know someone got call last friday for this position already... verbal offer..

;-(((((((((((

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭TG860

AdamD wrote: »
    Yeah I will be, any idea what the dress code is?

Looking forward to the voucher anyway :p

I'm not sure, I'm not bothered enough to ask!
    Smart-casual I'd imagine.

I won't be wearing a suit, shirt and slacks would do I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

smcgiff wrote: »
    No need, s/he's been banned.

Please note the ban on beflan has been lifted.

I've put their posts down to not quite knowing how we work around here.

I know they wont let me down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭cat_xx

Got an email from GT saying they were reviewing tax applications and will be in touch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭April O Neill II

cat_xx wrote: »
    Got an email from GT saying they were reviewing tax applications and will be in touch.

Ha, me too. :)

I'm sure they got a millionty applications so I shan't be holding my breath for an interview invite! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Bamby23

Anyone know what time that EY welcome thing is on tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 moneyonmymind

Bamby23 wrote: »
    Anyone know what time that EY welcome thing is on tonight?

5 pal

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Aine20

Wondering has anyone who was unsure which compay to pick after getting more than one offer, made their decision. Final decision time is getting close 😥

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Beflan

Credit where credit is due. I would have thought the firms would be ringing to see when we are going to make a decison and they needed a decision soon, but I have had none of that. Maybe they are regretting making me an offer already!

Beflan wrote: »
    Credit where credit is due. I would have thought the firms would be ringing to see when we are going to make a decison and they needed a decision soon, but I have had none of that. Maybe they are regretting making me an offer already!

I got a call from Pwc last week asking had i made up my mind but that was for their regional office so due to small intake there im guessing thats why they called

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭neilaccountant

This is slightly annoying.. Why are you guys stalling on offers made by the biggest companies in the world ????

I know and understand that this is a important decision and you would want to make sure as best as you can in choosing the right firm for you in the right location etc

but come on you guys are taking the biscuit altogther !!

If i was extemely lucky to be in your position I'd get my head down, do extensive research on the offer/offers you received from the firm/firms and choose accordingly.. Choose with your heart and gut feeling

If I managed to received an offer I'd jump at the chance never mind waiting a month or so later

This is slightly annoying.. Why are you guys stalling on offers made by the biggest companies in the world ????

I know and understand that this is a important decision and you would want to make sure as best as you can in choosing the right firm for you in the right location etc

but come on you guys are taking the biscuit altogther !!

If i was extemely lucky to be in your position I'd get my head down, do extensive research on the offer/offers you received from the firm/firms and choose accordingly.. Choose with your heart and gut feeling

If I managed to received an offer I'd jump at the chance never mind waiting a month or so later

Well, yeah, can't understand the dithering myself but they have another couple of weeks to decide so why rush, I guess?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 easylad

Aine20 wrote: »
    Wondering has anyone who was unsure which compay to pick after getting more than one offer, made their decision. Final decision time is getting close 😥

Hi Aine.. I had offers from Big 4. In the end went with PwC. Deloitte were REALLY REALLY NICE.. just gut instinct. My advice: Choose where you think you would fit in the best ! (Along with other factors such as the way they treat staff etc) Goodluck and hopefully will see u in PwC ! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 CommerceKid

easylad wrote: »
    Hi Aine.. I had offers from Big 4. In the end went with PwC. Deloitte were REALLY REALLY NICE.. just gut instinct. My advice: Choose where you think you would fit in the best ! (Along with other factors such as the way they treat staff etc) Goodluck and hopefully will see u in PwC ! ;)

I ended up choosing PwC too!
    I went full circle, I started off with my gut feeling of PwC and was very close to picking Deloitte, but their bigger auditing dept and the treatment they offered all candidates thru-out the application process swung me.

I feel they invested a lot from the get-go! They really had a strong presence on campus too with networking talks and application talks well before the recruitment process was even in full swing... A far bigger presence than any other of the big four, I think I would put EY as a close second in terms of this support (In UCC).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,095 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

I got a really good feeling from pwc too. It looks like a great place to work as well

Just signed my Deloitte contract. Heres to hoping I made the right decision 😊

Hey cat, hear anything from GT yet?

Hey cat, hear anything from GT yet?

No not a peep! You? Got another one of those emails from RSM this evening.

No not a peep! You? Got another one of those emails from RSM this evening.

Which RSM email was that?

Which RSM email was that?

Just that they received my application and will be in touch.

Just that they received my application and will be in touch.

Oh gotcha.

PFO from Smith & Williamson, by mail no less! I wish I could score an interview with one other firm. KPMG were the only ones who bit, and they let go. Maybe the others firms would like me if they got to know me. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 xiongnu

Maybe you should apply for some UK positions.

Advertisement