Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Milkround Offers 2013/2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭scheister

got another interview. Went for an interview with Aviva today for a tax trainee job.
    I agree with what others are saying about companies not getting back to you. whats worse then applying and hearing nothing i have had firms where i have got an interview and then hear nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,091 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

The one I sent off today has a closing date of Friday which is the day most offices will close for christmas so I expect I won't hear anything until the new year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭April O Neill II

ryanf1 wrote: »
    The one I sent off today has a closing date of Friday which is the day most offices will close for christmas so I expect I won't hear anything until the new year.

Beechwood? Yeah, they don't acknowledge applications, I sent them one about three weeks ago. Doubt they'll have many spots available, TBH.

Beechwood? Yeah, they don't acknowledge applications, I sent them one about three weeks ago. Doubt they'll have many spots available, TBH.

No probably not but I get the feeling it's more than just one.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Obrieski

Hope this is true but a bit of festive cheer for anyone who took up a role with EY..apparently from January they are introducing time off in lieu for overtime. A nice thing for anybody starting in September. Heard it from a friend of mine who works there so it seems legit!

Happy Christmas all!

• Advertisement

Obrieski wrote: »
    Hope this is true but a bit of festive cheer for anyone who took up a role with EY..apparently from January they are introducing time off in lieu for overtime. A nice thing for anybody starting in September. Heard it from a friend of mine who works there so it seems legit!

Happy Christmas all!

I heard that too but not from anyone official

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Dellboy2007

I heard that too but not from anyone official

Yeah it's true. Only for people in audit though. Hopefully they will actually be allowed charge the time. It's a problem in a few of the firms, particularly in the industry audit departments whereby the TOIL does not get approved.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭spillit67

How much TOIL would you expect in the average Big4/Middle tier audit department? Couple of days a year?

spillit67 wrote: »
    How much TOIL would you expect in the average Big4/Middle tier audit department? Couple of days a year?

Depends on the firm and the jobs you are on. There is no average amount really. You could be on one of the big bank jobs and accrue over a months TOIL. You could build that up working on an insurance company and a fund also.
    You are quite likely going to work fairly long hours in a Big4 audit role, but again this isn't a given. I know plenty of people who worked less than 40 hours every week in busy season during their first year.

Depends on the firm and the jobs you are on. There is no average amount really. You could be on one of the big bank jobs and accrue over a months TOIL. You could build that up working on an insurance company and a fund also.
    You are quite likely going to work fairly long hours in a Big4 audit role, but again this isn't a given. I know plenty of people who worked less than 40 hours every week in busy season during their first year.

Jeepers, how would that work out so?

• Advertisement

spillit67 wrote: »
    Jeepers, how would that work out so?

How do you mean? They would probably use it as study leave or else take it as holidays.

How do you mean? They would probably use it as study leave or else take it as holidays.

Wow. I just wouldn't expect for you to get that much, I thought it would be capped at least.

I know as a trainee solicitor it is expected that you do a lot of extra hours, though they are paid much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Obrieski

Guy who told me says he expects he might be able to 'clock up' up to 11 days due to TOIL, I don't know how accurate that is but he seemed quite happy about its introduction!

Is there anyone considering applying for smaller firms?
    Just wondering is the best way to search through the CAI website and find a few to apply to?

PFO from Baker Tilly today

PFO from Baker Tilly today

yea took them a while to send them out think i have one application left but not holding much in the last one going on form

Well there's usually more firms recruiting around this time of year so I wouldn't give up just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 sugarman21

I had an interview with glanbia before christmas and was told I would get word whether I am called back for 2nd round interview before or immediately after the new year. I have yet to hear anything so I am wondering if anyone had interviewed has got any word from them?

anyone get a call for interview off RBK or O'Connor leddy holmes in the last few days

• Registered Users Posts: 30 freema

just wondering does anyone know anything about the transfer pricing sector in KPMG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭MrSzyslak

freema wrote: »
    just wondering does anyone know anything about the transfer pricing sector in KPMG

applications open for sept 2014 are they? were you called for interview, sure there must be info on the website?

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭twiddleypop

As well as transfer pricing, they are also looking for people to do a masters/PDA in September. Is this a year-round thing?
    I really think the PDA is the way to go for me, would anyone have any idea how many places on the PDA courses KPMG provide funding for?

Interview with Beechwood next Wednesday:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Finance Siobhan

Applied yesterday to a small firm at about 5pm, got a 'Thanks but no thanks' response by half 11 this morning. Brutal! :-/

But at least they responded, I guess...

Interview with O Brien Harnett next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 mucks65

Interview with O Brien Harnett next week!

have an interview with them also! anyone been through their interview process??

mucks65 wrote: »
    have an interview with them also! anyone been through their interview process??
    Do you think they are just interviewing everyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 mucks65

im not sure but i do know a few people who got called aswell

Its just that I think they are spending alot of time on interviews. And I thought getting a choice of time was odd too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Starbordsie

Its just that I think they are spending alot of time on interviews. And I thought getting a choice of time was odd too.

That's not so odd, many companies realise that candidates have lives too so offer a bit of flexibility. Of course, most companies just give a time, like it or lump it! :pac:

Advertisement