Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Community - Season 5 [US] **Spoilers!!**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I've watched the first 3 seasons about 4 times, season 4 once and season 5 once. I don't see myself ever rewatching season 4 but I'll probably do a 1,2,3 and 5 rewatch before the new season starts.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

People on Reddit are saying Netflix have been editing some of the episodes if anyone here can confirm?

It's Reddit so Im taking it with a large pinch of salt ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Only noticed any change in the pilot, some stuff was cut such as the 'jacket scene'. Episodes 2-12 are untouched as far as I can tell

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

IIRC there was an edited pilot for syndication because the original was too long to include commercials

All the other episodes should be the same.

Phew!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭psicic

Was rewatching with girlfriend last night (her first run through - about my 4th of season 1). I really envy her.

Anyway, this time we're watching on Netflix. I thought a few things were different in some episodes... but couldn't really put my finger on it. Then I see the last few posts and I go "Woah! I knew it!" :pac:

One sticks out - at the start of episode 107, after Troy pretends to be Annie's backpack, didn't Pierce try and do the same thing to Shirley straight after... I thought this whole scene was shown... or did I just imagine it... or was the version I obtained when it originally aired the Canadian version or something??? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

psicic wrote: »
    Was rewatching with girlfriend last night (her first run through - about my 4th of season 1). I really envy her.

Anyway, this time we're watching on Netflix. I thought a few things were different in some episodes... but couldn't really put my finger on it. Then I see the last few posts and I go "Woah! I knew it!" :pac:

One sticks out - at the start of episode 107, after Troy pretends to be Annie's backpack, didn't Pierce try and do the same thing to Shirley straight after... I thought this whole scene was shown... or did I just imagine it... or was the version I obtained when it originally aired the Canadian version or something??? :confused:

You sure your memory isn't suffering side effects from the gas leak?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Are you getting confused with the episode where Pierce pulls down Shirley's pants?

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭psicic

It dawned on me during my commute today that it could have been a clips show, or extra scenes, now that I think about it. They used to put extra clips up on Youtube and show 'exclusive' clips on talk shows.

Not thinking of the pantsing episode either, but good suggestion!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Just rewatching it again in preparation for Season 6, and the 'Cooperative Calligraphy' episode has to be one of the best.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

It dawned on me during my commute today that it could have been a clips show, or extra scenes, now that I think about it. They used to put extra clips up on Youtube and show 'exclusive' clips on talk shows.

Not thinking of the pantsing episode either, but good suggestion!

I think it's a deleted scene (the episode is actually 108 home economics), I recently rewatched the same episode and you can see Pierce is moving towards Shirley when it cuts away to Jeff in the hall, so I suspect the scene was cut for time originally and it was on the season 1 dvd or youtube as an extra.

I double checked this with a non netflix version of the episode and it still cuts so it must be an extra buried somewhere

So is the jury still out on Netflix chopping the episodes? Doesnt seem like Netflix's style at all to do it.

Don't know if this has been mentioned on here but I found out the other day that
    Steve Guttengurg
    is going to make a guest appearance this season.

Brilliant news!! Season 6 is going to air on Sony TV the day after it's released online. This means my dodgy internet connection won't be an issue.

Fair play to Shirley (Yvette) on the weight loss

noUnLbz.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Did I hear somewhere that she's not going to be in the next season? Would be a shame if she wasn't.

Did I hear somewhere that she's not going to be in the next season? Would be a shame if she wasn't.

She left to take care of her sick dad. The Odd Couple is a much lighter shooting schedule, but Harmon has said that she's welcome back any time there's no bad blood or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I guess the trailer confirms Jonathan Banks and John Oliver's characters definitely won't be around. That's a real shame, they were arguably the breakout characters of season 5. Mind you, Keith David is a good replacement, his presence in most things is usually welcome :D (case in point, last weeks episode of Archer!)

Sounds like they got the Honest Trailers guy to do the voice-over too.

Edit: Also, I'm too lazy to check, but will people in the UK and Ireland have access to Yahoo video?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

pixelburp wrote: »
    I guess the trailer confirms Jonathan Banks and John Oliver's characters definitely won't be around. That's a real shame, they were arguably the breakout characters of season 5. Mind you, Keith David is a good replacement, his presence in most things is usually welcome :D (case in point, last weeks episode of Archer!)

Sounds like they got the Honest Trailers guy to do the voice-over too.

Edit: Also, I'm too lazy to check, but will people in the UK and Ireland have access to Yahoo video?

Be no problem to get it online via the Hola add on for Google Chrome and set your your self to the USA on it.

Other wise its starting on the Sony TV channel on Sky the day after haveint a clue what number or what time yet but will be something stupid i guess 12 at night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,802 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Trailer didn't exactly wow me.. but I don't find the trailers for the show often that impressive to be honest!

But actually - while we're on the subject - Harmontown has just been added to Netflix UK.

ht_large.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 23,116 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Britta Britta'd her hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Sony TV is 157 on Sky, don't know about other providers. I'd guess it'll air at 6pm like previous seasons but that's just a guess.

Britta looks good. Like the new hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Sony TV is 157 on Sky, don't know about other providers. I'd guess it'll air at 6pm like previous seasons but that's just a guess.

Britta looks good. Like the new hair.

If they're getting episodes the very next day, surely they'll be bumping it up to the prime-time 9pm slot... Would be ridiculous if they didn't...

If they're getting episodes the very next day, surely they'll be bumping it up to the prime-time 9pm slot... Would be ridiculous if they didn't...

10:05pm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭DerekDGoldfish

Watched all 5 seasons since it went up on Irish Netflix, finished last night expecting that was the end of it only to see its been renewed and will be on in a few weeks, fantastic news

Soon my precious.

Soon,

tumblr_ngulbmJx3O1rlb6iho1_500.gif

Watched all 5 seasons since it went up on Irish Netflix, finished last night expecting that was the end of it only to see its been renewed and will be on in a few weeks, fantastic news

Was that your first time watching it? I'm pretty jealous of anyone who gets to see it for the first time. Nice to see its presence on Netflix is having an impact.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,885 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

IvaBigWun wrote: »
    Soon my precious.

Soon,

tumblr_ngulbmJx3O1rlb6iho1_500.gif[IMG][/img]
    Reported to the mods. Sorry but Annies pretty young, we try not to sexualize her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭DerekDGoldfish

FunLover18 wrote: »
    Was that your first time watching it? I'm pretty jealous of anyone who gets to see it for the first time. Nice to see its presence on Netflix is having an impact.

It was my first time watching more than an episode or two, I watched a few episodes mid first season when it aired initially but didn't get into it. Being able to watch it properly from the start was great.

Advertisement