Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seattle Seahawks Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭NapoleonInRags

What are you hawks fans expecting from Rawls this season?

Aiming to put him in my fantasy team as an RB1....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

I imagine he will be the main RB but from what week I don't know. From Carrolls comments this week he's on course to get some snaps week 1.

The other side is also the offense moving more towards Wilsons passing than Lynchs running so Seattle may not hand him the ball as much as they would Lynch in previous years

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

A much more competent performance last night against the Cowboys in a 27-17 win. A much higher completion rate for Wilson and good rushing figures for Michael and Prosise (averages of 7 and 6 per carry).

Yeah woke up around 4 and started watching. Watched most of 2nd and 3rd quarter. Turned it off once the backups came on. Boykin ran in a good TD from what I've read today.

Wilson looked sharper, his pass for Locketts TD was excellent.

O-Line seemed more compact this week and gave Wilson some more time in the pocket.

Michael had a few good runs.

Really had to get the win, especially after Avril killed Romo on their first drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭coco0981

Brandon browner is being cut apparently. The original legion of boom will not be back for 2016��

• Advertisement

Like a good start tonight. Been slow out of the blocks last two years. If the o line doesn't collapse we should get the season going with a W.

Could be another slow start this year.

6-3 at the half

Yay.........

It's deja vu all over again.

Still, second half is usually when we crank up the pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

Very concerned if Wilson can't continue.

Now I'm not complaining about the gametime Boykin got in preseason

• Advertisement

Lockett nearly away.

Great to see Rawls and Graham back

My

Heart

Standard Seahawk win. Never good for the heart.

But why oh why do we do nothing on offence and then march down the field at the death.

The last drive shows we can do it but we do nothing all game. Dont get it.

Hopefully today was a wake up, play like we did on the last drive, not how we did for 3.5 quarters, way too passive.

1-0 and onto our bogey team..... bloody Rams.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭eet fuk

Can someone explain why that last play wasn't a safety? Was the QB not tackled in the end zone?

eet fuk wrote: »
    Can someone explain why that last play wasn't a safety? Was the QB not tackled in the end zone?

Clock had gone to 0.00 before the Dolphins snapped the ball, game was already over. Dolphins made an error with the time.

If the game hadnt finished it would have been a safety.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭eet fuk

TheDoctor wrote: »
    Clock had gone to 0.00 before the Dolphins snapped the ball, game was already over. Dolphins made an error with the time.

Cheers. I had no commentary on so I wasn't sure what the story was.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,812 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

It wouldn't have been a safety because the tackle started outside the end zone so forward progress would have meant it was not a safety.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,812 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

A sign of a great team is winning on a bad day. Wilson was banged up and they weren't having much success on offense but they still get it done in the clutch. They'll be contenders in the playoffs for sure, that if they are not as bad as they looked for most of today of course.

eagle eye wrote: »

It wouldn't have been a safety because the tackle started outside the end zone so forward progress would have meant it was not a safety.

Fair enough, I only saw it once, thought the tackle started in the end zone

• Advertisement

And the Cardinals lost so in the end not too bad a night.

(Severity of Wilson injury depending)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,231 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

And the Cardinals lost so in the end not too bad a night.

(Severity of Wilson injury depending)
    Wilson plans to play week 2 against Rams in LA. Probably will focus on passing, limit play action passing, and no rushing.

Black Swan wrote: »
    Wilson plans to play week 2 against Rams in LA. Probably will focus on passing, limit play action passing, and no rushing.

Which is his strength, really. If he can't run then I think we should play Boykin.

edit: I see we're the live game next sunday on Sky at 9. Sweet.

Which is his strength, really. If he can't run then I think we should play Boykin.

edit: I see we're the live game next sunday on Sky at 9. Sweet.

Funnily enough our best drive was when he had to pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

I want to offer my congratulations to the Seattle players for the stand they took during the national anthem yesterday.

So the Rams suffered a humiliating 28-0 loss the 49ers last night.
    Their 13 drives ended in 10 punts, 2 interceptions and a turnover on downs.

So fully expect them to steam roll Seattle next week now.

Fully expected

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭coco0981

Rams have no fear of Seahawks. Our O line will be the death of Wilson

Not to be overdramatic but if we cannot beat the 49ers at home next Sunday its going to be a long season!

• Advertisement

There's been a steady but slow decline since the Superbowl win. We hardly ever wallop a team and any wins are extremely hard-fought, often with a late do-or-die drive. The defence is still top-notch, although it doesn't drive fear into our oppenents. Our secondary are almost anonymous (unless opponents are avoiding them).
    But offense is where the problems seem to have been growing. The O line is responsible for Wilson's frequent sackings, and our running backs rarely have space to punch through. We havent utilised Wilson's legs for a long time and somehow can't or won't use Graham. The offense really needs to pick up or we're looking at a 9-7 season.

Advertisement