Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seattle Seahawks Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,231 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

TheDoctor wrote: »
    Carroll under contract till 2019 and Schneider under contract till 2020.

Hopefully a good few years more to look forward to.
    Methinks Pete Carroll is the best head coach in the NFL. Now looking forward to a grand 2016 season.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,038 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

I don't think it was ever really in doubt that Pete would re-sign, especially once Schneider was on board. If they can just figure out a way to keep Bennett happy, this will have been a very successful Summer. Both he and Kam enter the market after next season and I would say the chances of retaining either will be low.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Both have two years left - free agents Summer 2018

Yeah but I'd hope Schneider does budge on at least Bennett. Bennett will play well into his 30s, excels at two positions and really seems to be a leader off the field.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,231 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Neil3030 wrote: »
    I don't think it was ever really in doubt that Pete would re-sign
    Pete Carroll at age 64 is the oldest NFL active head coach.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I hope I look that young/am that active at 64!

Very fit and active for 64 - could easily go till 70.

Seahawks sign 6-time probowl RG Jahri Evans, after he refused a paycut in NO.

What are his contract details. Had about 7 million free cap before the signing

It's a one year deal. Can't find the exact figure but it won't be cheap. He was refusing a pay cut and was one of the top paid RG's in the league.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Cjs21

Rawls officially taken off PUP List and we finally sign an O Guard that will protect Wilson in Jahri Evans. Good weekend!

Is it time to get excited about preseason game week 1, with Seahawks at Chiefs Saturday 13 August 2016 4:30PM ET, 7:30 PM Pacific (3:30 AM Sunday Eire)? Have I got this right? I haven't had my coffee yet... :o

Football every week from now till early Feb.

Best time of the year.

Black Swan wrote: »
    Is it time to get excited about preseason game week 1, with Seahawks at Chiefs Saturday 13 August 2016 4:30PM ET, 7:30 PM Pacific (3:30 AM Sunday Eire)? Have I got this right? I haven't had my coffee yet... :o

4.30pm ET is 9.30pm our time (1.30pm Seattle time).
    Its the only Seahawks pre season game on at a watchable hour.

4.30pm ET is 9.30pm our time (1.30pm Seattle time).
    Its the only Seahawks pre season game on at a watchable hour.
    You are right! I really do need that coffee! Sorry for the confusion.

Positive thing about the scheduling of games, first 5 games are all on Sunday night with the latest starting at 9:25pm Irish time. Negative part is that after those 5 games only 3 games are on before 1:30am Irish time.

What a Seahawks way to win a pre season game

What a Seahawks way to win a pre season game

Hail Mary 17-16?

Hail Mary and a two pointer

Anyone see the game? Apparently Michael looked pretty solid. Is there any hope for Collins?

• Advertisement

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Anyone see the game? Apparently Michael looked pretty solid. Is there any hope for Collins?

Michael was very good throughout the entire game. Doesn't look like a redzone threat but he's a beast a picking up 1st downs. Wilson and Baldwin looked brilliant together too!

Vikings in Seattle tonight, should be somewhat warmer than the last time we met.

Won't be staying up but hope to see soon positive highlights in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

I watched it, Vikings fan, ....and I thought our O Line was shakey!

Havent had a chance to see any highlights yet. Report seemed to show offense was a mess, Wilson got sacked 4 times in the first half and then the backups came in.

Have a full week before the Cowboys come to Seattle. Needs a massive uplift in performance by the sounds of it.

3 weeks till the Dolphins arrive for week 1, was hoping to see some o-line improvement this year.

We seem to have been using Boykin a lot, presumably because we all know what Wilson brings to the party. But I presume Wilson will play most of the remaining matches because he isn't up to speed yet.

Can absolutely see why. Two young QBs fighting for the backup spot who only arrived this summer. Boykin is comfortably winning it from what I've seen anyway.

They still need Wilson to get a lot of gametime. He was far from sharp, according to the reports. Boykin seems useful though.

• Advertisement

Yeah I'd say 2/4 sacks were him taking too long to get the ball away.

One the o line were overrun by a blitz.

One was a missed tackle.

Advertisement