Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Becoming a fan of the John Creedon show

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71,669 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

John Kenny playing ‘Trans Europe Express’ now :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

Definitely tomorrow. I don't think he would let this slip by without marking it in some way.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Surprised no mention of Millie Small either, another would deffo have been on Creedon radar.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭kifi

[quote="Welsh M

Oh, and kifi...I’ll get back to you on that one :D[/quote]

Sorry to hijack the thread, I won't interrupt again, any leads?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

kifi wrote: »
    Thanks again WelshM. One more, again played by John Creedon, and again I cannot for the life of me recall the artist / band.

So here's the scant detail, again I've only heard this track once and it was years ago so without precision:

Central or South American, I think
    Lyrics had " Chocolate / chocolat " or something similar.

Any thoughts?

wasn't 'Cucurrucucú Paloma' was it ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭El Tarangu

I'm glad I followed this thread, because I wouldn't be a regular listener or anything, but every now and again I'm at a loss of what to listen to, and I see new posts in the John Creedon thread and I think: "oh, I'll give him a spin", and it's always really good - always introduced to new music, and enjoy his relaxing homespun presenting style.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

parasite wrote: »

Caetano Veloso does a great version on that in Pedro Almodovar's "Habla con Ella"

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭kifi

parasite wrote: »

It wasn't, but thanks. It had more of a pop vibe than that one

• Registered Users Posts: 19,061 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Send an e-mail to auld turnip head

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭prodsc

Fatal Mambo being played now!

• Advertisement

Ah, Janis Ian. Takes me back..

John playing Bono and Gavin Friday’s diabolical version of ‘Children Of The Revolution’ :mad:

Redeemed himself by playing ‘The Longshot’ by Megson - magnificent song :)

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Bus Boy

Cracking choons as always. Sufjan Stevens, Joni Mitchell, The Pogues, Morrisey, Paul Weller, John Spillane...where does it stop? Not enough in 2 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Jizique

Bus Boy wrote: »
    Cracking choons as always. Sufjan Stevens, Joni Mitchell, The Pogues, Morrisey, Paul Weller, John Spillane...where does it stop? Not enough in 2 hours.

Summer in Siam - great tune

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,854 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

I think this has been asked on this thread previously, but does JC post his playlist anywhere? Twitter/Spotify/etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭whatever76

I think this has been asked on this thread previously, but does JC post his playlist anywhere? Twitter/Spotify/etc?

check out The John creedon show on spotify ; they post up the previous weeks playlist every monday morning !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭prodsc

The playlist for the last week is here:

https://www.rte.ie/radio1/john-creedon/

And we are off to a cracking start. “What’s going on” by Taste!

Wow! :eek:

How epic was that performance of ‘A Change Is Gonna Come’? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

:eek:

Would The Brenner prefer the "music" of Fine Gael favourite, Twink?

Brian Scan wrote: »

It’s the 2 hrs. B.

Be more of an RTÉ Gold lad mesel.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,971 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Brian Scan wrote: »

Brendan is still miffed at JC for taking his squeeze Terence off of the air.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Sligos Old Hannah coming up. Two great guitarists Luke Mercer and Anthony Mannion. Know them since they were kids.

sligojoek wrote: »
    Sligos Old Hannah coming up. Two great guitarists Luke Mercer and Anthony Mannion. Know them since they were kids.

Got a phonecall after that and missed a lot of the show.
    Did he play this one?

sligojoek wrote: »
    Got a phonecall after that and missed a lot of the show.
    Did he play this one?

Yeah did hear that earlier. Nice tune and lovely instrumentation. He had a bit of a story about being in sligo for some fleadh or other but i didn't get the details tbh.

Also a bit of Radiators From Space in there. Never a bad show with the RFS, and their great version of Gloria!

Yeah did hear that earlier. Nice tune and lovely instrumentation. He had a bit of a story about being in sligo for some fleadh or other but i didn't get the details tbh.

Also a bit of Radiators From Space in there. Never a bad show with the RFS, and their great version of Gloria!

THink John met them at one of the Sligo fleadhs all right. Got a phone call after my last post, then had a neighbour with a problem. Came back in to sit down at 9'45 when my two loud chatty daughters came in . Turned off the radio. You just can't win.

Loved the Rads. Will look that one up before bed.
    Here's another one.

Ah, feck it. One more

Don't know what the Fuze did after, but they'll always have It's a Sunday Morning. Belter of a tune!

• Advertisement

A great track from Paul Casey

Advertisement