Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Becoming a fan of the John Creedon show

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,063 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

sligojoek wrote: »
    Pootering in the garden all evening. New bluetooth speaker. Bag o cans. John Prine's greatest hits till 8 and Creedo after that.

:eek:

Poor dog must be curled up in the outhouse, whimpering.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

sligojoek wrote: »
    Pootering in the garden all evening. New bluetooth speaker. Bag o cans. John Prine's greatest hits till 8 and Creedo after that.

That's an evening well spent.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,669 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Two great solo songs from Cathal Coughlan :)

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Dipole Keith

Love the show, he’s music selection is excellent, seems like a down to earth man.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Loved the Sister Rosetta Tharp tonight. Another gem i picked up from creedo several years ago. Forget who he played before that but will check back.

• Advertisement

Paul ‘Ooh, Aah, Paul McGrath’ McGrath! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,972 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Paul ‘Ooh, Aah, Paul McGrath’ McGrath! :eek:

From the Yellow Pearl to the Black Pearl; Creedo has just about all of Dublin 12 covered.

Hard to beat a Joni Mitchell track. Raised on Robbery, yay

Free Man in Paris now! One of my favorites. Thanks John

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭kifi

A song John played quite a few years ago come to the forefront of my mind every now and then. Trouble is, no matter how much searching / Google with various permutations I cannot find that song again.

The melody as far as I can recall was very very similar to Mungo Jerry's In the Summertime. The thing is, the song was in French, but it really sounded so so good.

Can any music buffs out there help me out with the name of the track or the band?

I realise this is a bit of a long shot! Thanks

• Advertisement

A song John played quite a few years ago come to the forefront of my mind every now and then. Trouble is, no matter how much searching / Google with various permutations I cannot find that song again.

The melody as far as I can recall was very very similar to Mungo Jerry's In the Summertime. The thing is, the song was in French, but it really sounded so so good.

Can any music buffs out there help me out with the name of the track or the band?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

kifi wrote: »

La Mer by Charles Trenet?

Fatal Mambo?

Or, alternatively... :D

Thank you so so much, that's it!!!! You're a legend!

Thank you so so much, that's it!!!! You're a legend!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,998 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Very similar?

Its actually a version of.

Thanks again WelshM. One more, again played by John Creedon, and again I cannot for the life of me recall the artist / band.

So here's the scant detail, again I've only heard this track once and it was years ago so without precision:

Central or South American, I think
    Lyrics had " Chocolate / chocolat " or something similar.

Any thoughts?

Thanks again WelshM. One more, again played by John Creedon, and again I cannot for the life of me recall the artist / band.

So here's the scant detail, again I've only heard this track once and it was years ago so without precision:

Any thoughts?

Good mix from Fiachna tonight...especially playing a track from The New Radicals album.

‘You Get What You Give’ was so ubiquitous in 1999, it definitely overshadowed the album which had some amazing songs :)

Oh, and kifi...I’ll get back to you on that one :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,972 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Any thoughts?

Hardly this, per chance?

not that one, pretty sure the song was in a foreign language

Eight Miles High by the Byrds. Lord, that takes me back!

Such great music again tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

I only started listening to John last night but I love the show already.

No bullish!t either, song...request...song.

I only started listening to John last night but I love the show already.

No bullish!t either, song...request...song.

I agree. For me it’s become “required listening” and I now spend more evening time listening rather that watching TV (in all its numerous variants)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

God, Tom Waits at his best is up there with the very best.

Another great evening’s music. Apart from those already mentioned, John Mayall (didn’t realize he was that old!) and now the Moody Blues.

It must be my age, but well played John Creedon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭prodsc

No Kraftwerk?

Surprised John didn’t play Kraftwerk tonight, in tribute to Florian Schneider (RIP).

He has played Kraftwerk many times, unless tonight’s show was pre-recorded.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Bus Boy

I'd say it'll be Kraftwerk tomorrow. Great musik again though from JC.

Advertisement