Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Becoming a fan of the John Creedon show

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71,982 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

He’s back!

tenor.gif

(I assume this is how he walked into the Cark studio).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭thesandeman

He’s back!

tenor.gif

(I assume this is how he walked into the Cark studio).

Nope. It was more like this:

Great song.

I predict big things for that Rory Gallagher chap.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,113 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Auld turnip head has a doppleganger!

Only kidding.... Creedo is a decent skin.

• Advertisement

‘How Men Are’ by Aztec Camera - good call :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Listen to the lion.

Yep...all 11 glorious minutes of it!

‘Blue Train’ by John Coltrane...nice. :cool:

‘Blue Train’ by John Coltrane...nice. :cool:

It sure is :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Runaways

Exactly the thread I was looking for.

Every day the last few years has been stress and drama be it brexit and now this virus.

His show is just so brilliant.

A lovely calm oasis at the end of the day with so many great bands and new music you’ve never heard. Found so many bands new to me through him.

More of him please. I rail against RTE but radio is one thing they often do right.

He’s a perfect example.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Baseball72

I was driving back to Dublin Friday evening last, listening to his programme - some absolutely fantastic sounds - lifted the spirits - if they could drop An Nuacht from 9pm - given us two hours of interrupted music please!

Agree on that. Lost count of new bands/artists ive checked out after hearing them on creedon. And, yes, though its far from perfect, radio is definitely something they do well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Runaways

Agree on that. Lost count of new bands/artists ive checked out after hearing them on creedon. And, yes, though its far from perfect, radio is definitely something they do well.

Off side but their podcast series documentary on one
    Often golden.
    The most recent series they did on the Irish serial killer in England

Gripping addictive fascinating.

Another sting to their bow.

If you haven’t heard it it’s called the nobody zone. Think it’s 6 or 7 episodes?

Well worth your time.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Bus Boy

Great tunes tonight. Fat Freddy's Drop, says it all...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

It was a good show tonight.

A friend recommended the show to me, and I am very pleased they did. John plays a great selection of music and has an easy-to-listen-to voice. It’s a great end to the day.

Another really enjoyable show this evening

New converts to the Church Of Creedo, I see...this is good.

Go with the flow :)

Who were the sad sacks messaging in to complain about John playing Cocaine?

And not the inferior clapton version, but the much better original by JJ Cale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

I got sick of the television this evening and switched over to it forgot how good it was, some gems, Jilted John, now there's a blast from the past. He kind of forces you to switch down a gear, something we could all do with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

If the incessant media coverage (albeit probably warranted) of the Coronavirus is a desert, then the John Creedon Show is an oasis

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Who were the sad sacks messaging in to complain about John playing Cocaine?

And not the inferior clapton version, but the much better original by JJ Cale.

I didn't hear the song at the time but heard him having to sort of apologise afterwards and say he wasn't advocating cocaine use.

Publish and be damned, John. Fcuk the begrudgers.

In other news. "Gordon is a Moron" took me back a few years.

sligojoek wrote: »
    I didn't hear the song at the time but heard him having to sort of apologise afterwards and say he wasn't advocating cocaine use.

Publish and be damned, John. Fcuk the begrudgers.

In other news. "Gordon is a Moron" took me back a few years.

Half a dozen complaints or thereabouts, i think he said had come in. People have a lot of spare time on their hands at the moment.

He also offered a preemptive apology for the Jilted John track, for the line where he says he wants to smash a guys head in. John wasnt advocating any of us go immediately out and do that - just to be clear.

I think tomorrow he should play that Lennon song that goes "strange days indeed....most peculiar mamma."

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Half a dozen complaints or thereabouts, i think he said had come in. People have a lot of spare time on their hands at the moment.

He also offered a preemptive apology for the Jilted John track, for the line where he says he wants to smash a guys head in. John wasnt advocating any of us go immediately out and do that - just to be clear.

I think tomorrow he should play that Lennon song that goes "strange days indeed....most peculiar mamma."

Surprised he didn't have to add the fact that all Gordons were not actually morons and it was just a fcuking song.

‘19’ by Paul Hardcastle.

Tonight’s feelgood pop song about the unspeakable horror of war

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,003 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

‘19’ by Paul Hardcastle.

Tonight’s feelgood pop song about the unspeakable horror of war

:)

No apologies for either he glorification of war or for playing feelgood pop songs?

RIP John Prine. Know John was a huge fan because it was through him i became a fan myself. Gonna be hurtin today a little.

Ronan Collins paid nice tribute to John (Prine) earlier. Didnt catch full thing but gist was Ronan played a track one day, Prine happened to be painting in his house in Co.Galway at that moment and called or txted in to say thanks for playing one of his tunes. No wonder he was so well liked.

• Advertisement

Ronan Collins paid nice tribute to John (Prine) earlier. Didnt catch full thing but gist was Ronan played a track one day, Prine happened to be painting in his house in Co.Galway at that moment and called or txted in to say thanks for playing one of his tunes. No wonder he was so well liked.

‘Speed Of The Sound Of Loneliness’, brilliantly covered by Alabama 3 (with naughty words, NSFW obvs. :) )...

Creedo will undoubtedly give him a great and fitting tribute tonight :)

Advertisement