Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Becoming a fan of the John Creedon show

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72,127 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

I’m surprised John hasn’t pulled a sickie tonight and headed up to Dublin to see John Prine!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

I’m surprised John hasn’t pulled a sickie tonight and headed up to Dublin to see John Prine!

John regularly broadcasts from Dublin

John regularly broadcasts from Dublin

Not Cark?

(I usually reserve saying that for the LLS thread :D )

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

"Hello in there" always gives me a lump in my throat....now i have a lump in my throat...:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭Mr Snow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,159 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Wonderful Irish Classics tonight, Planxty, Dolores Keane etc. John at the All Ireland Fleadh.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,006 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Water John wrote: »
    Wonderful Irish Classics tonight, Planxty, Dolores Keane etc. John at the All Ireland Fleadh.

I wonder if he'll sneak in a Scullion track in memory of Greg Boland, who passed away today.

Missed it..:(...what Planxty track..??

Wonder if he'll EVER play The Bothy Band's "The Butterfly"......love to hear it on the wireless again....:o

How about we put together a track listing of our favorite tracks, and who knows he might surprise..;);)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,159 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Planxty, the double tune with, Tobhair dom do lamh, as the second tune.

Planxty, the double tune with, Tabhair dom do lamh, as the second tune.

Fixed that for ya there...what a cant....:P

• Advertisement

Planxty, the double tune with, Tobhair dom do lamh, as the second tune.
    "Raggle taggle gypsy".
    I love the way "Tabhair dom do lamh" blends in at the end :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

inthehat wrote: »
    "Raggle taggle gypsy".
    I love the way "Tabhair dom do lamh" blends in at the end :)

Me too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭UsBus

Great presenter to listen to. So relaxed. Nice to listen to some chat on the radio without having your ears bleed...Are you listening Today fm and newstalk..?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

UsBus wrote: »
    Great presenter to listen to. So relaxed. Nice to listen to some chat on the radio without having your ears bleed...Are you listening Today fm and newstalk..?

He just has that something though that's very hard for others to recreate in fairness. Talks a fair bit but you enjoy every bit of it and want to hear more. Then the music is so good too, it really is as good as radio gets for me anyway.

Remember a while ago when somebody told us that John Kelly was a better show to listen to? Well I was in the car at 7 today and Mystery Train came on....

Fiachra was presenting it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,532 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Stevecw wrote: »
    He just has that something though that's very hard for others to recreate in fairness. Talks a fair bit but you enjoy every bit of it and want to hear more. Then the music is so good too, it really is as good as radio gets for me anyway.

I think that part of it is that he feckin loves what he's doing, a real muso who gets to share his love with the world. If you love your job, you never do a day's work.

Never thought I would have praise for a Mick Jagger solo record, but ‘Old Habits Die Hard’ is a top tune!

Go with the flow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,428 ✭✭✭Gerry

Another belter of a show this evening - what a legend! One of the two artic monkeys tracks doesn't get much airplay and was excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭RINO87

NIMAN wrote: »
    As the OP, wondering what other shows fans of JC listen to on radio, just in case I'm missing another great show out there?

Maybe a bit late for you, but the music on this french station is absolutely top notch and runs in a similar vein to some of the stuff john plays. Quality music to have on in work.

https://www.fip.fr/player

• Registered Users Posts: 39,627 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

That exchange he had with the texter from ballbriggan just shows why he's one of the best.

So we had a double helping of the cure and a intelligent discussion about music. To quote the late Jimmy Magee from somewhere high in the stadium azteca in 1986. Different class.

• Advertisement

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    That exchange he had with the texter from ballbriggan just shows why he's one of the best.

So we had a double helping of the cure and a intelligent discussion about music. To quote the late Jimmy Magee from somewhere high in the stadium azteca in 1986. Different class.

No two ways about it; John is one of the best things about RTE 1 Radio.

No two ways about it; John is one of the best things about RTE 1 Radio.

Imagine if he was on during the day,,say lunchtime......the others (nova) wouldnt get a look in...;)

‘Kung Fu Fighting’! :D

Now we’re talking!

‘Kings’ by Steely Dan!

NOW we’re talking! :cool: :D

I'll bet John Peel listens to JC........:)

Jesus...The high llamas...how does he remember these groups....

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭garbanzo

Have enjoyed JCs eclectic musical choices for many’s the year. However, without wishing to draw the wrath of the internet upon me; I do think he has a habit of talking just a little bit too much between the tunes. Grates on me a little.

There, I said it.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

I don't get to listen to Creedon much, but when I love that I don't know most of the songs he plays, it's very refreshing compared to the same 9 songs on a continuous loop you hear most of the time on radio.

Imagine if he was on during the day,,say lunchtime......the others (nova) wouldnt get a look in...;)

Better idea.

RTÉ Radio Creedon.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

John used to do a great daytime show on radio 1 back at the start of the century. Light hearted and cheerful. No sad stories. Then overnight round the time Anna Leddy took over, they shafted him to the graveyard shift and replaced him with Ronan Collins or Derick Mooney.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

sligojoek wrote: »
    John used to do a great daytime show on radio 1 back at the start of the century. Light hearted and cheerful. No sad stories. Then overnight round the time Anna Leddy took over, they shafted him to the graveyard shift and replaced him with Ronan Collins or Derick Mooney.

Brings back terrible memories. John Kelly, my beloved Val Joyce and, I think, Donal Dineen were all given the shepherds crook on the same day. The future, we were told, was Turbidy, Duffy and Mooney. I didn’t mind John in the Late Date slot mind, but was always clear his heart wasn’t in it.

Advertisement