Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Becoming a fan of the John Creedon show

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Not arf.

JS75819727-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 72,274 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

‘Dance Of The Cherry Trees’ by John Spillane - good call!

Well done, everyone...weeeeeel done. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

The song before it was a classic.

Down in the city, you know where to find MEH!

I’m up on the top floooooor...

:)

Did anyone catch the name of the guy from Cork before John Spillane who sang the song about hair loss. I want to get it for a follically challenged friend of mine who constantly calls me a hippy cos of my long hair. The jealous fecker.

• Advertisement

sligojoek wrote: »
    Did anyone catch the name of the guy from Cork before John Spillane who sang the song about hair loss. I want to get it for a follically challenged friend of mine who constantly calls me a hippy cos of my long hair. The jealous fecker.

‘Hunting The Hair’ by Con O Drisceoil :)

http://www.custysmusic.com/product-info.php?pid1013.html

Nice one . Cheers.

Just listening to "The Rolling Wave" there now and they played another song by Con Fada O Drisceoil, called "The Papal Toe". The presenter said he'd play "Hunting the Hair" and other songs later in the show.

Did you catch it WM?

He didn't play "Hunting the Hair" after all but two others called "Rasputin" about a cat he wanted to kill but couldn't. And another about a flock of reindeer in Sweden that ate a load of apples which fermented in their stomachs and got them drunk and sent them on a rampage against humans.

After my son's confirmation and my new satellite box and getting the car serviced, I'll have to indulge in his CD and book.

Did you catch it WM?

He didn't play "Hunting the Hair" after all but two others called "Rasputin" about a cat he wanted to kill but couldn't. And another about a flock of reindeer in Sweden that ate a load of apples which fermented in their stomachs and got them drunk and sent them on a rampage against humans.

After my son's confirmation and my new satellite box and getting the car serviced, I'll have to indulge in his CD and book.

I am almost certain that JC has either played this song or at least name checked it on air.

• Advertisement

I am almost certain that JC has either played this song or at least name checked it on air.

More than likely.

Cark, don't ya know

Have a listen back to The Rolling Wave. It's the last ten minutes of the show, Or listen to it all. Some great trad.

Did you catch it WM?

I caught it Sligo, good stuff :)

RIP Tony Lambert, formerly of The Saw Doctors.

Good tribute by Fiachna.

Never heard this version of ‘Free Fallin’ before...good stuff. :)

R O C K

L O B S T E R

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭holly8

R O C K

L O B S T E R

ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜

Excellent playlist tonight.

Sat listening to Creedo on the beach, watching the sun slowly disappear over the horizon - to the strains of ‘Kings’ by Steely Dan.

Life is sweeeeet. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

The man needs to be a presenter on Nova....the only presenter...:)

Jesus I only discovered this show recently. Sick to death of my old playlists and useless at finding new music.

I love 90% of what he plays and probably haven't even heard the same number.

Can you get a podcast or playlist of the shows anywhere?

• Advertisement

Jesus I only discovered this show recently. Sick to death of my old playlists and useless at finding new music.

https://www.rte.ie/radio1/john-creedon/

The programme archive stretches back a few years, complete with the full playlists. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,850 ✭✭✭dball

three is also a spotify playlist that updates every week. Not sure if its his or someone else adding all the songs but its updated regularily

If John ever leaves the show then Lilian should be given first dibs on it.

Excellent show tonight...watching the sunset to the sound of ’Psycho Killer’ by Talking Heads, ‘La Vie En Rose’ by Grace Jones and the truly magnificent ‘Float On’ by The Floaters :D

*adopts falsetto*

Mmmmmmmm!
    Take my haaaaand!
    Come with me baby, to lurve laaaand!
    Let me show you, how sweet it can beeee!
    Sharing lurve with me-ee-ee!
    I want you to...float! Float ooooon!
    Float on, float ooooon!

Thanks WM. Your excellent rendition of Float On prompted me to listen back to friday night's show -and you never mentioned Paul Simon's fantastic Hearts and Bones!!! Can't wait to see him on July 13th.

A double dose of The Frank And Walters.

Sweeeeet. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

You might like to tune-n to John Kelly over on Lyric FM. 7pm Mon - Thurs.
    Much more variety than JC, many excellent new discoveries (for me at least) - and none of the inane texts and requests.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

I like both Creedon and Kelly, along with Lillian Smith, probably my 3 favourite music presenters on Irish radio right now. Kelly tends to play a touch more obscure selection which might not suite everybody's tastes. I guess. Sadly for me they are both on at a time of day I tend not to be listening to the radio.

You might like to tune-n to John Kelly over on Lyric FM. 7pm Mon - Thurs.
    Much more variety than JC, many excellent new discoveries (for me at least) - and none of the inane texts and requests.

For me, the chat and banter takes Creedon to a different level.

The Tanika Tikaram tune tonight though :):cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

For me, the chat and banter takes Creedon to a different level.

The Tanika Tikaram tune tonight though :):cool:

Really?
    "Hello to Mary who's driving from a to b. I can't play any jeff buckley tonight Mary. maybe tomorrow night. Hi to John, and Mark in Cavan and Tom is there, thanks for the kind words"

Maybe John is too nice a guy to disappoint any caller who wants to hear his/her name on the airwaves.

Advertisement