Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Becoming a fan of the John Creedon show

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

I like both Creedon and Kelly, along with Lillian Smith, probably my 3 favourite music presenters on Irish radio right now. Kelly tends to play a touch more obscure selection which might not suite everybody's tastes. I guess. Sadly for me they are both on at a time of day I tend not to be listening to the radio.

Yes, often more obscure, often not to my taste either but, for me, guaranteed to generate more of a reaction.
    A few recent gems: William Onyeabor, and David Byrne's cover of his "Fantastic Man". Leroy Hudson, Poppy Arkwright, Angelique Kidjo, Kamasi Washington. All new to me.
    Depite my enjoyment of music (not the requests!) on JC's programme I can't recall taking notes for futher exploration. Hence my earlier post re. finding new music.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Yes, often more obscure, often not to my taste either but, for me, guaranteed to generate more of a reaction.
    A few recent gems: William Onyeabor, and David Byrne's cover of his "Fantastic Man". Leroy Hudson, Poppy Arkwright, Angelique Kidjo, Kamasi Washington. All new to me.
    Depite my enjoyment of music (not the requests!) on JC's programme I can't recall taking notes for futher exploration. Hence my earlier post re. finding new music.

Yeah, sure, that's all good. As I said, I am a fan of John Kelly and especially of the Mystery Train back in the day. Still remember Bono and Geldof calling in unannounced on the last day which, whatever you think of those individuals, spoke of how highly the show was thought of. That said, i do think you are being not just a little unfair to Creedon in your above comments, but also a bit inaccurate too.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,251 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Two songs from Noel Coward :D

*adjusts monocle*

A little taste of what's in store for us tomorrow night in RDS - from Bonnie, James Taylor and Paul Simon :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭dense

The guy just sticks pins in random lists of obscure tracks and plays them.

Bound to please some of the people some of the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,652 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Was it one or two Alison Krauss tracks, followed swiftly by an ad for an upcoming Alison Krauss gig?

Nice to hear Echo Beach though....

• Registered Users Posts: 39,679 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Haven't heard Neil young on the radio in a while.

Great music on tonight's show, Fr John Misty, John Grant, Van the Man....to mention but a few!

‘Madame George’ by Van Morrison...good call :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,035 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

And two out of News from Senór Strummer and the lads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

What i like about JC is his "box of chocolates" choice of tracks..only he holds the selection card......theres no crap with him,if you love music he's not trying to be the best dj in the world....but almost is..;)

Some cracking tunes AGAIN tonight...the lad can do no wrong....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

He introduced me to a guy called Ari Roar on last Friday's show. Top stuff. Great stuff when you're driving somewhere in the evenings.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Enjoyed the Courtney Barnett tracks tonight. Had heard of her before but forgotten about her completely.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

The first time I ever heard Fantastic Man by William Onyeabor was on John Creedon’s show.

The first time I ever heard Fantastic Man by William Onyeabor was on John Creedon’s show.

Lot of people rave about John Clark on Nova...John Creedon is far better a presenter and has a better variety in music that Clarke who tends to stick with the "hits"...imo...not sure if they pick or are told what to play..hope the former....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,035 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Lot of people rave about John Clark on Nova...John Creedon is far better a presenter and has a better variety in music that Clarke who tends to stick with the "hits"...imo...not sure if they pick or are told what to play..hope the former....

Sure, didn't some guy on here say the other day that Creedon sticks a pin into random obscure tracks and plays them. He clearly didn't have a lovely time the day he went to Bangor :pac:

Sure, didn't some guy on here say the other day that Creedon sticks a pin into random obscure tracks and plays them. He clearly didn't have a lovely time the day he went to Bangor :pac:

dense by name..etc....:P

Sitting by Poolbeg, listening to ‘La Vie En Rose’ by Grace, watching the sunset.

Life is sweeet. :)

Sitting by Poolbeg, listening to ‘La Vie En Rose’ by Grace, watching the sunset.

Life is sweeet. :)

Wonder if he'd play "Walking in the rain " for me some night....

John Kettley is a weatherman,
    A weatherman,
    A weatherman,
    John Kettley is a weatherman,
    And so is Michael Fish!
    And so is Billy Giles!
    And soooooo is Ian McGaskill!
    So is Wincy Willis!

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Great stuff tonight. WM did you catch the name of the piano playing guy before that. I got a phone call during the intro.

sligojoek wrote: »
    Great stuff tonight. WM did you catch the name of the piano playing guy before that. I got a phone call during the intro.

I think it was this...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Bliss listening to John this evening

‘Shine On You Crazy Diamond’, just as the sun is setting.

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Drifter50

Very impressed with John Creedon on the radio, his TV documentaries are good as well. Comes across as quite eclectic.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,202 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Yeah good all rounder. Probably say himself, he'd chance his arm at anything.

Water John wrote: »
    Yeah good all rounder. Probably say himself, he'd chance his arm at anything.

..and do a good job too...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,202 ✭✭✭✭Water John

A very diff approach than say Francis Brennan who is on later Sun evening. FB is filming in South Africa with 12 tourists. However away from the cameras, he neither interacted with the 12 or the film crew. Just kept apart on his own. Doubt if Creedo would operate that way.

The full version of ‘Marquee Moon’.

• Advertisement

The full version of ‘Marquee Moon’.

on the radio...the irony....:D

Check out Flash light...good album..

Advertisement