Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sean O'Rourke Today Show

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

neris wrote: »
    hope they gave you a discount and apology for your suffering
    I would have been OUTRAGED

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Lapin wrote: »
    Piped music in shops is very annoying.

But it could be worse.

I was in a shop last week and they had Liveline coming through the speakers. :eek:

You should've rang Liveline to complain about it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Joe would have asked me to turn the radio down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

"Charlie Bird didnt do his leaving"

That'll certainly scare them in to finishing secondary school alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,439 ✭✭✭touts

First up Michael Twee waffling on and on about ploughing and now Jonny Sexton avoiding saying anything controversial.

**** me I need a coffee to stay awake.....

• Advertisement

What a horrible "sport".

Des asked one of the Dubs "Who would you let your sister marry?"
    Seriously did I go back to the 50's in a time machine?! Cringe.

They had yet another piece about city folk with lots of Garda stations within 5 minutes of their house giving out about rural folk living an hour from help and owning a gun for self defense. If someone breaks into my house I'll take the Barry Scott approach "Bang! and the Dirt is gone"

Marie Louise O'Dramatic is the greatest advertisement for the abolition of The Seanad. Keep it up Marie. Not long to go now.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,043 ✭✭✭✭neris

Marie Louise O'Dramatic is the greatest advertisement for the abolition of The Seanad. Keep it up Marie. Not long to go now.

another 2 good reason is some senator called gillian van turnout. never heard of her, dont know what shes done or what makes her so special to be a senator and that healy eames muppet from galway whos head is so big im surprised she can fit it into lenister house

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭periodictable

So some young twit decides we need to dumb down.....will Sean discuss Beyonce's apparently flabby ass or something equally pressing?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,878 ✭✭✭signostic

listening to Sean at the ploughing championships today, he comes across more like a football match commentator that a radio presenter..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,878 ✭✭✭signostic

ah now on Richard Bruton, the good news merchant of Irish politics..

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Sean is not good out in the field

I'm getting tired of all these outside broadcasts from the Ploughing Championship on Newstalk and RTE. The sound is shyte, and there's only so much of farming talk that I can take before my eyes glaze over.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

the only good thing about the ploughing championships is the chance to see shazzer in wellies on the six one news.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

She's intolerable, but she's no more an advertisement for the abolition of the Seanad than Michael Lowry is an advertisement for the abolition of the Dáil. She's very much an advertisement for its reform.

I can't help wondering if Kenny put her in the Seanad as a method of bolstering his rather cheap and vacuous "arguments" for its abolition.

RayM wrote: »
    She's intolerable, but she's no more an advertisement for the abolition of the Seanad than Michael Lowry is an advertisement for the abolition of the Dáil. She's very much an advertisement for its reform.

I can't help wondering if Kenny put her in the Seanad as a method of bolstering his rather cheap and vacuous "arguments" for its abolition.

But we're not being given a vote for reform, it's a straight yes or no. Organisations like Democracy Matters are intentionally muddying the waters by talking about reform, as a lot of the people behind it are senators or former senators who were quite happy to take their seats in that crony-filled doss house and didn't seem to raise any objections to it at the time.

I have no time for Lowry either but at least it can be argued that he's in the Dail by virtue of the democratic franchise of his constituents.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭redtelephone

How come Paddy O'Gorman always finds a "smartly dressed woman" to talk to outside the courts? Could he be a babe magnet by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,979 ✭✭✭thesandeman

Could he be a babe magnet by any chance?

No. But the dog is.

• Advertisement

Invest in property lads, it's the next big thing.. you heard it here first.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,905 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

What estate was that where people are queueing? (I missed the beginning of the item)

It's like being in a dream, hearing that sort of thing again :eek:

Mind you, a four-bed house for 40 grand.....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Invest in property lads, it's the next big thing.. you heard it here first.
    I'm gonna run out and find a queue for a house right now!

RTE have hired this in anticipation of Michael Martin's arrival.

dunk_tank_rental.gif

snubbleste wrote: »
    I'm gonna run out and find a queue for a house right now!
    Yeah, better get on that property ladder, right NOW before they all get snapped up! Chop chop! That bubble won't inflate itself!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

I hope O'Rourke gives Martin a hard time for being in the ill-fated FF cabinet all during the boom. I expect nothing less than an interrogation...oh wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Manix Flynn is an awful dose, did he never walk around Temple Bar before ?

None of these ex alcoholics seem to like Arthur's Day at all.. That's surprising, isnt it.

I think we should attribute the disgruntled behaviour of certain people more to the fact that they are miserable b*stards, more than to Arthur's Day..

• Registered Users Posts: 28,905 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I was in town (sober) last night until about 10pm - the place was bananas at that stage, I'd hate to have been in the middle of it at 1am :eek:

• Advertisement

Oh my god like. Those two girls like. They are like something out of you know Ross O'Carroll Kelly Like. It was like SOOOOOO funny like. Especially when they were like speaking for the cleaners like. Like COULD you IMAGINE the like conversation between those two and like a salt of the earth Dublin working class road cleaner like.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement