Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sean O'Rourke Today Show

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 TheBorderFox1

I thought Keelin Shanley was quite excellent whilst deputising for the absent Sean O'Rourke today.

It would seem the days of listening to world cycling news and Arsenal chat are all but over for one Kells resident: Mr. Myles 'Dungeon'

However, I' am sure Sean O'Rourke been the true professional of which he is might soon drop that opening line on the Today Programme because 'Hello Again and Good Morning' sounds absolutely awful as does that rehashed Pat Kenny era theme tune.

The former above mentioned incumbent of the seat with his firm and assertive - 'Good Morning and Welcome' worked quite nicely indeed.

Perhaps John McMahon and the talented production group of which RTE boast might work some magic on the overall theme tune and those rather abrupt interval trails.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I thought Keelin Shanley was quite excellent whilst deputising for the absent Sean O'Rourke today.

It would seem the days of listening to world cycling news and Arsenal chat are all but over for one Kells resident: Mr. Myles 'Dungeon'

However, I' am sure Sean O'Rourke been the true professional of which he is might soon drop that opening line on the Today Programme because 'Hello Again and Good Morning' sounds absolutely awful as does that rehashed Pat Kenny era theme tune.

The former above mentioned incumbent of the seat with his firm and assertive - 'Good Morning and Welcome' worked quite nicely indeed.

Perhaps John McMahon and the talented production group of which RTE boast might work some magic on the overall theme tune and those rather abrupt interval trails.
    I do think Keelin Shanley is underused on RTE, she is excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭reg114

Talk yesterday in the papers that Sean will keep his date with minister for finance for this years budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Online cattle sales.

Who pays for the postage and packaging?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Enjoyed that interview with Sean Keane - he seems like a really nice man aswell as a hell of a performer. Fields of Gold has been flogged to death but he still does the best version IMO

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I think people would be more surprised by a white taxi driver these days.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31 PercyBlakeney

I think people would be more surprised by a white taxi driver these days.

Which "people"?

Sean & Gerry Daly are a very entertaining duo - especially if, like me, you have no interest in gardening :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,718 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Callan57 wrote: »
    Sean & Gerry Daly are a very entertaining duo - especially if, like me, you have no interest in gardening :)

Gerry Daly is always an excellent contributer, really knows his stuff and delivers it in a straightforward fashion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭Mykola

Noonan got pissy with Robert

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭heybaby

Mykola wrote: »
    Noonan got pissy with Robert

Heard that alright, you could hear him grit the teeth.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭endas donkey

noonans arrogance shining through yet again

• Registered Users Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭buried

Noonan is going to get pissy with everybody. Howlin will then step in with the softly softly approach. Good fascist - Bad fascist

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Was I correct in hearing the guy ringing about the DIRT increase saying people may need their interest it if they lose their medical card ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭Mykola

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Was I correct in hearing the guy ringing about the DIRT increase saying people may need their interest it if they lose their medical card ?

yeah that's what he said.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Noonan sounds very groggy this morning.

Mykola wrote: »
    yeah that's what he said.

So he's using an example of someone with enough savings to be worrying about their DIRT tax but who also has a medical card.

Myles, you're not in your class room now.

Myles deserved to get cut off in fairness.

Fergal didn't really think this through.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Enda Kenny is dying?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭baldbear

Ha ha. Enda kennys funeral payment been enquired about.

snubbleste wrote: »
    Enda Kenny is dying?

Sounded like a vague death threat to me.

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Fergal didn't really think this through.

What clown put that idiot through?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Fergal from Galway can expect an unexpected call to his door.

Callan57 wrote: »
    What clown put that idiot through?

A researcher from Joes show must be on the early shift today and forgot what he/she was doing

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Sean needs new call screeners

To hell with your back slapping self praising ads Joe.

Another Joe, from Russian history wouldn't have the gall to lick his own backside so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭baldbear

Great ad timing. "Iv worked hard for my savings" and now the government are working hard to take it.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Just listened to the post budget phone in now. Jaysus, if this the level of everyday debate in Ireland I worry for the future. Most of them just wanted to have a rant on air ala Joe Duffy!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement