Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sean O'Rourke Today Show

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Nah. One was a former garda commissioner, the other an alleged TV or arts critic from the Indo. The former garda at least talked a bit of sense, the Indo guy as I mentioned gave the impression he either never watched it before, or was just a total waffler.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,906 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Ooof, bit of a clunky link between the travel fella and Dunphy..... I wonder which one was pre-recorded?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Ooof, bit of a clunky link between the travel fella and Dunphy..... I wonder which one was pre-recorded?

Noticed that. The 'travel fella' was probably pre-recorded as he is from Ballinasloe and probably recovering from the fair there yesterday. :D

Glad to hear Dunphy speak about the bullshít that surrounds the Moore St traders and their perception as 'salt of the earth types'. Its a million miles from the tripe Joe Duffy would have us believe about the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Lapin wrote: »
    Noticed that. The 'travel fella' was probably pre-recorded as he is from Ballinasloe and probably recovering from the fair there yesterday. :D

Glad to hear Dunphy speak about the bullshít that surrounds the Moore St traders and their perception as 'salt of the earth types'. Its a million miles from the tripe Joe Duffy would have us believe about the place.

De Liveline will implode today after Dunphy bad mouthing "salt of the earth Dubs" - Joe won't be having that at all ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Coming up: Senator Marie Louise O Donnell goes apple picking in Kilkenny

• Advertisement

snubbleste wrote: »
    Coming up: Senator Marie Louise O Donnell goes apple picking in Kilkenny

Thats me gone to PK so :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

MLOD telling us lots of things we already know about apples, in her "inimitable" style. :rolleyes:

And now she's talking with her mouth full, FFS, the pig.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

I'm rather enjoying this. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,439 ✭✭✭touts

She's slurping and slobbering and chewing live on air. Oh my god.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Shouldn't she be in the seanad being indispensable to democracy?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

That apple farm is about a mile from my house - they also have gorgeous raspberries and strawberries in summer. Great place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

Wow.... A journo on the radio telling it like it is re: travellers.

SOR has got to put a stop to this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

He took a break for this piece to allow Pavee Point on the other line to calm down before he returns to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,043 ✭✭✭✭neris

Lapin wrote: »

what was dunphy saying about them? might have a trawl back later when home and try to listen to it if it hasnt been pulled for been un-pc

neris wrote: »
    what was dunphy saying about them? might have a trawl back later when home and try to listen to it if it hasnt been pulled for been un-pc
    He was saying that they cheated poor customers back in the day (ie cheated his family).
    He also said he was fondled by a priest.

this lads unreal. you watch those programmes and see the cars they drive and (unclassy, chav) wedding dresses they wear makes their claims as poor discriminated minority a lie. if they stopd acting like scumbags and thieves they might get a bit more respect from society

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

Wow, he's really watering down the facts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

He was saying that they cheated poor customers back in the day (ie cheated his family).
    He also said he was fondled by a priest.

They used to put all the good fruit & veg at the front of their stall but give Eamo's family all the rotten stuff at the back, would be hilarious if somebody rang Joe complaining about getting rotten fruit from a " salt o de eart" :D
    There would definitely be a bad line that day.

JM Skipton wrote: »
    would be hilarious if somebody rang Joe complaining about getting rotten fruit from a " salt o de eart" :D

you wouldnt even get a bad line, joe wouldnt let you on to slate his friend mrs brown and her buddies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

I wonder are people in the Asylum system for seven/eight years because they keep appealing their rejection for asylum. Those hostel owners are making a profit, but they don't determine the length of stay.

I wonder are people in the Asylum system for seven/eight years because they keep appealing their rejection for asylum. Those hostel owners are making a profit, but they don't determine the length of stay.

Considering they are supposed to be Asylum Seekers they seem to be a very demanding lot. I can't help but feel if I were an asylum seeker I'd be falling over myself with gratitude to any country that took me .. but of course that's not a PC thing to say :rolleyes:

OMG they are discussing A Tale For The Time Being & I'm in the middle of reading this fabulous book. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

neris wrote: »
    you wouldnt even get a bad line, joe wouldnt let you on to slate his friend mrs brown and her buddies

And if you did manage to slip through the net and get on air, Joe would probably tell you to "GET A GRIP!"

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭CorsendonkX

They used to put all the good fruit & veg at the front of their stall but give Eamo's family all the rotten stuff at the back, would be hilarious if somebody rang Joe complaining about getting rotten fruit from a " salt o de eart" :D

They still do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭Red Fred

Keelan Shanley filling in today

• Registered Users Posts: 6,439 ✭✭✭touts

Red Fred wrote: »
    Keelan Shanley filling in today

No Myles? :eek: I think we know what the opening line of Sean't new contract said.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Fianna Fáil calling the FG budgets regressive... Really is hard to listen to the idiots that caused the mess giving out about the cuts that have to be made to try to sort their mess out. All those FF lads should have been summarily executed after the bailout..

Strange, the Sicilians I know drink coffee all year round!

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Ciaran

They used to put all the good fruit & veg at the front of their stall but give Eamo's family all the rotten stuff at the back

I don't blame them. If I was running a stall, I'd give Dunphy the ****tiest stuff going too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Sean O'Rourke will have the traditional post-budget interview with the Ministers ...

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/tv-radio/sean-orourke-keeps-traditional-postbudget-interview-with-finance-minister-29650009.html
    RTE’s Sean O’Rourke will host the traditional post-Budget interview with Finance Minister Michael Noonan – despite intense competition from Pat Kenny and Newstalk.

Mr Noonan and Public Expenditure Minister Brendan Howlin are to instead on the RTE Radio’s Today Show with Mr O’Rourke to discuss the impact of the Budget.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement