Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Open 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Elro

flazio wrote: »
    And that's Lisicki gone.

Well she made it to round 3 so that's still an improvement on last year :)

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,355 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

flazio wrote: »
    And that's Lisicki gone.

Ah well. I eagerly await June 23rd, 2014 when she rediscovers how to play tennis again.

Sloane/Hampton was disappointing! Hampton just sprayed errors all over the shop.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Sloane/Hampton was disappointing! Hampton just sprayed errors all over the shop.

Think Jamie didn't fancy facing Serena.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,462 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Disappointing to see Hewitt dropping the second set being a break up and serving for the set. Can only see a Delpo win from here. Would love to be proven wrong though.

callaway92 wrote: »
    Disappointing to see Hewitt dropping the second set being a break up and serving for the set. Can only see a Delpo win from here. Would love to be proven wrong though.

Wowow. Some seriously sloppy tennis from Del Potro let Hewitt back into it.

Super win and no reason now not to reach the 4th round/Quarter finals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭yoginindublin

Is this only available for sky subscribers to watch on tv?

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭WaterLily.

Eurosport have some matches each day, it depends what court though. But they don't have the night-sessions and I'm also not sure whether they have any second week matches either.

Delpo :(

He just looked completely exhausted by the start of that 5th set. But to be honest I don't think he would have made it much further if he had won last night, his tennis was a bit all over the place and as much as I hate to say it, he wouldn't really have challenged Djokovic in the quaters.

What a win for Hewitt though, he is such a fighter and it's so obvious to see that he just loves playing and competing more than anything :)

Stupid Delpo!

Now I care for nobody in the men's draw. :(

• Site Banned Posts: 51 ✭✭Tom M

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324324404579045151909110182.html

Great article about Nadal's change in style of play. He's playing his best hard court tennis ever, this is the change he needed if he ever hopes to be the greatest in the history of the game.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,355 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Don't think I'll be posting here for a while, in mourning for my Delpo :'(

• Advertisement

Been out all day, only seeing the results now. Kvitova :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Azarenka dropped the first set but she's pulling it back now. Seriously if Vika goes out look at the state the bottom half of the draw will be in :eek:

Simona Halep is looking good for the semi finals

What a weird day. Kirilenko only won like 3 games. I'd love if Vika lost and then Sloane took out Serena. Absolute chaos!

Wozniacki vs Giorgi is highly entertaining. Could go either way at this point.

Update: Giorgi wins it. Incredible stuff from her. One of Giorgi, Halep, Pennetta or Vinci will make the SF now.

Wozniacki vs Giorgi is highly entertaining. Could go either way at this point.

Update: Giorgi wins it. Incredible stuff from her. One of Giorgi, Halep, Pennetta or Vinci will make the SF now.

Only caught the last few games of the third set. Looked like a great match. Giorgi is fun to watch, takes the ball really early and just thumps it will all her might.

Really hope for a Giorgi-Halep quarter-final. I imagine a match of woeful inconsistency but lots of ridiculous winners.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Kvitova :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

She had an illlness to be fair

She had an illlness to be fair

Yeah I found that out later, felt guilty for posting afterwards :o She was having blood tests the night before her match and is suffering from fever and a virus :o:o

• Registered Users Posts: 12,040 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

She is always rubbish at this Slam to be fair, best not to expect anything from her and you won't be let down

It's the same virus she's had on and off since last year sometime. I remember her being doubtful for the Fed Cup final because of it.

Looking forward to this evening's matches with Murray and Hewitt both in action. Both should win, with the former in straight sets.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

Jill Craybas has retired after 17 years on the tour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Can't get enough of Suarez Navarro's backhand. Really enjoy her as a player, the lack of grunting helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

Anyone else watching on Sky Sports? I'm on the verge of hanging myself with all these stupid ads for betting companies. :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

No, I'm watching on bet365... oh sorry :pac:

Sloane-Serena was a let down in the 2nd set. Good luck Carla Suarez-Navarro :pac:

Sousa's game is so hopelessly ordinary against Djokovic... simply nothing to hurt him with.

pconn062 wrote: »
    Anyone else watching on Sky Sports? I'm on the verge of hanging myself with all these stupid ads for betting companies. :(

It's all betting adverts with the odd advert for questionable money lenders thrown in. Doesn't seem right.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,957 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Looks like Ekaterina Makarova is turning into quite the dark horse in the Womens draw, after dismissing Lisicki in the third round, she's now made it into the quarter finals after dismissing Aggie Radwanska in straight sets 6-4 6-4. Faces Li Na.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 155 ✭✭jay92

This is a thread for talk about the US Open. Nothing else.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

Play has resumed. Flavia Pennetta has beaten Simona Halep. :( Wouldn't mind only play was suspended when Halep was 5-4 up, and 40-30 up on her serve!! She could have brought it to a deciding set.:mad:

Ivanovic-Azarenka has been cancelled and Federer-Robredo is moved onto Armstrong. The latter should be on soon enough. The majority of Boys and Girls matches and Doubles matches have also been cancelled. Talk about a scheduling disaster!!

Anyone else think Camila Giorgi looks the image of a young Daniela Hantuchova??

Camila-Giorgi-stuns-Galina-Voskoboeva-to-reach-the-main-round-Toray-Pan-Pacific-Open-2012-189530.jpg

• Advertisement

Vika must be pissed off she's the last playing her her 4th round match. On the other hand, she's got a cakewalk to the final! Talk about an easy draw.

Such a shame that Vinci-Pennetta is a quarter-final match, this tournament is really missing Sharapova.

Advertisement