Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Open 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,355 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Break back :) C'mon Delpo do this in 4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭smurfs5

What a shot from Delpo!! Vamos JM :D

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭WaterLily.

Yess!! Come on Delpo!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

larry1 wrote: »
    Greats seats purchased for the Quarter Finals evening session in the Arthur Ashe on Wednesday 4th. Thanks to all on here who offered advice. :)

Looking at all the delays today I hope you get to see some QF. I find 4th round matches are often the best quality so even if the schedule is way off by next week you should still see some good tennis.

Apparently Sharapova is doubtful even for Istanbul, which is the end of the season so that's pretty much her done until January, maybe even until the Australian Open as she doesn't always play warm up events. No surgery needed though, which is good news.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,355 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

So yeah I stayed up to watch the match :o Crazy good from Sloane. To think she almost went out to Minella!

Makes a potential R4 match-up with Serena very exciting indeed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

Hewitt vs. Delpo in the 2R!!:D

Errani out :D As is Cirstea :(

I was right about Eranni then, she didn't make the second week :)

You were indeed :) However she still has a load of points from the clay court season, meaning she'll still be high in the rankings and a high seeding will be wasted on her :(

• Advertisement

Bouchard vs Kerber is really great right now. Genie down a break but fighting hard.

Genie has guts, no doubt about it

Genie has guts, no doubt about it

Looked like she was going to show us a bit of them towards the end there. Don't know was it nerves or tiredness but she looked a bit woozy.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭WaterLily.

Quick question, do women's matches go to a third set tie-break or until someone breaks serve? Because didn't Lisicki/Radwanska go to 9-7 or something in the third set yet last night Venus' match went to a tie-break :confused:

Very happy; Lisicki won again and Errani is out!

Errani is like Almagro, such a waste of a seeding on anything but clay.

The US Open has a TB in the final set. The other Slams don't.

I don't think I've come across a single person who supports Errani :o

I don't mind her really, I thought she was great the year she got to the RG final but she's one of those players where there's a massive gap between her and the top players. Obviously the way the rankings work she deserves her ranking position but I'm not sure she's actually the 5th best player in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

I like Errani as well. She's great on clay and has her moments on the hardcourts. I agree though, she's definitely not the 5th best player in the world. Just how the rankings goes.

Kvitova won her match in straight sets today.:D Good win for Jamie Murray and John Peers in the Men's Doubles earlier; beat #9 seeds Verdasco and Marrero 7-6, 6-4.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Federer looking good. God I'd love Fed/Nadal in the quarters!

John.Icy wrote: »
    Federer looking good. God I'd love Fed/Nadal in the quarters!

Why? Fed and Nadal matches are one sided and boring 99% of the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

Great win for Dan Evans, knocking out Tomic. The third set really was the key point in the match, once Tomic lost that tiebreak his head went down.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,040 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Fair play to Evans but that really is an awful result for Tomic.

Tomic's just admitted in press that he gets a little lazy on court, doesn't really know how to put people away. Interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Besides their French Open matches, I rarely don't enjoy their GS encounters! Masters matches, agreed.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,040 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

John.Icy wrote: »
    Besides their French Open matches, I rarely don't enjoy their GS encounters! Masters matches, agreed.

But...
    Rafa always wins!

I don't know if anyone follows tennis on twitter but there was a lovely guy called Steve aka @shanktennis who was great for keeping up with Irish tennis and the Futures/Challenger circuits. He sadly passed away today or yesterday. Like I said, I don't know if any of you use twitter for following the tennis but it's a big loss for Irish tennis coverage as he was literally the go to guy for anything Irish. It's going to take some effort now to follow our own players.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,958 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Watching the Robson/Li game, No rhythm from Robson yet. Li Na has her where she wants her.

Edit Robson now 3-0 up in the second set. Could go to a decider.

• Site Banned Posts: 51 ✭✭Tom M

For history's sake they need to have played at the US Open. I blame nadal for being crap on fast hard court between 2004-2009.

In the end Li-Na got the better of the Brit this time 6-2 7-5

• Advertisement

And that's Lisicki gone.

Advertisement