Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peru drug smuggling case - READ OP BEFORE POSTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,938 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

How did the Colombia 3 get out of Colombia that time? Were there passports not taken when they were released?

contacts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭TheNap

When I was in Ibzia the people offering drugs were neither young, pretty, nor girls.

Dont know what part you were in tbh , not saying you're wrong or anything . However, this year , each time there was a knock on my hotel it was a young pretty girl in her late teens or early twenties

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I must have had a look about me :/

It's probably because I went with a friend whose idea of a wild night out was some tapas, one vodka mule, and back to the hotel for an early night, and we stayed on the opposite side of the island to the clubs. I wouldn't have gone clubbing (good gracious, no!), but I'd have liked to get plastered once or twice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

TheNap wrote: »
    Dont know what part you were in tbh , not saying you're wrong or anything . However, this year , each time there was a knock on my hotel it was a young pretty girl in her late teens or early twenties

...maybe they tailor their delivery services to the tastes of their clientele....

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ice Storm

TheNap wrote: »
    Been to Ibiza a lot over the last 5 years . Each time the people approaching you or knocking on your hotel door looking to sell you drugs are young ( pretty ) girls from the UK and Ireland . They've gone over for the summer and get a taste for the highlife . They make money while they are sunbathing by pools or walking on a beach . These 2 girls clearly got caught up in that and either ran up a debt of their own , or were naive enough to believe they would get away with it and it would be handy money . They have to leave with the consequences . Dont see why theres such a big deal being made of it .
    No, I think the problem is that they can't leave. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,284 ✭✭✭✭blade1

DellyBelly wrote: »
    I don't know why but I think they are telling the truth. I was a bit suspect at first but the more I read about this case the more I believe them. What an awful thing to happen them. There are some evil people in the world ready to take advantage of young innocent people. I really hope the judge weighs up the evidence and feels the same way and they can come back home.

Can I come and live in your world?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Originally Posted by TheNap
    Nodin wrote: »
    ...maybe they tailor their delivery services to the tastes of their clientele....

I have travelled extensively around the globe and I never have been offered drugs as many times as when I stayed in the 'family friendly' part of Ibiza (Figueretas).
    I was offered coke or ecstasy 3-4 times walking from the restaurant to the hotel. Pestered day and night and on the beach and in the hotel lobby (which i complained about to the rep but she kind of shrugged her shoulders). That's just my experience and why I wouldn't return to Ibiza, but it was everywhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭pundy

BKWDR wrote: »
    I have travelled extensively around the globe and I never have been offered drugs as many times as when I stayed in the 'family friendly' part of Ibiza (Figueretas).
    I was offered coke or ecstasy 3-4 times walking from the restaurant to the hotel. Pestered day and night and on the beach and in the hotel lobby (which i complained about to the rep but she kind of shrugged her shoulders). That's just my experience and why I wouldn't return to Ibiza, but it was everywhere!

eh... figueretas is NOT a family friendly part of ibiza - it's the main beach that leads from the Ibiza Town centre right down to Playa D'en Bossa (which is the more upmarket San Antonio - older crowd, more expensive etc etc) but it's awash with drugs and people selling and buying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭BKWDR

pundy wrote: »
    eh... figueretas is NOT a family friendly part of ibiza - it's the main beach that leads from the Ibiza Town centre right down to Playa D'en Bossa (which is the more upmarket San Antonio - older crowd, more expensive etc etc) but it's awash with drugs and people selling and buying.

That could be the aspect of why it was sold to me as 'family friendly'. But my point stands, without getting bogged down in Ibiza geography.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭pundy

BKWDR wrote: »
    That could be the aspect of why it was sold to me as 'family friendly'. But my point stands, without getting bogged down in Ibiza geography.

your point still stands yes.

i think weren't the girls in San Antonio? i've been to Ibiza a few times, and the first time i went i remember hearing horror stories about the drunks/druggies and all that, and then stayed in Playa D'en Bossa and there was no trouble - yes, you're asked if you want this or that, but a simple "no thanks" sufficed.

but yeah, i can see how they would have been roped into the dark side over that side of the island. seems to be a lot more crime and ex pat criminals over that side of the island.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

bumper234 wrote: »
    But America (the united states) IS a country. Anywho back to the Peruvian issue of poor girls not getting foot massages or some ****

Do you actually think America is a country? sweet Jesus. What about Africa, is that a country too?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

donegal. wrote: »
    Do you actually think America is a country? sweet Jesus. What about Africa, is that a country too?

And are we supposed to call Mexico the United Mexican States? The UK becomes the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland?

Jesus, stop being so anal, it's common shorthand for the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

donegal. wrote: »

Didnt the post you quoted qualify that to say United States? Not being funny or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

enda1 wrote: »
    And are we supposed to call Mexico the United States of Mexico? The UK becomes the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland?

Jesus, stop being so anal, it's common shorthand for the country.

But when used in the context of the American Convention of Human Rights, it's a very important distinction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Slightly off topic but, what's Ibiza like? Is it full of young Irish and British scumbags?

Can someone in their 30s go clubbing or is it all youngsters?

Is it expensive?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

kraggy wrote: »
    Slightly off topic but, what's Ibiza like? Is it full of young Irish and British scumbags?

Can someone in their 30s go clubbing or is it all youngsters?

Is it expensive?

Nice island, like everywhere else, just depends on what part of it you go to, but you can def avoid the clubbers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

I don't know why but I think they are telling the truth. I was a bit suspect at first but the more I read about this case the more I believe them. What an awful thing to happen them. There are some evil people in the world ready to take advantage of young innocent people. I really hope the judge weighs up the evidence and feels the same way and they can come back home.

Can I ask out of interest what it was that changed your mind?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

How the hell are they being charged with 11kg, when they were carrying 5.5 each? If someone else had been caught at the same time, would theirs have been added to the two girls total as well?!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Idbatterim wrote: »
    How the hell are they being charged with 11kg, when they were carrying 5.5 each? If someone else had been caught at the same time, would theirs have been added to the two girls total as well?!!!

This. I don't get it? Surely either one says yeah all 11 kgs were mine or they were split between the two of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

It's probably because they both conspired to export 11kg.

• Advertisement

Exactly. Not that hard to understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

genericguy wrote: »
    Can I ask out of interest what it was that changed your mind?

The fact they haven't budged with their story over the last week. Really thought if they were guilty they would have cracked. I know this a little silly but they look so innocent in the photos. I think if I was a juror I'd find them not guilty. I may be wrong but got a feeling that I'm not

The fact they haven't budged with their story over the last week. Really thought if they were guilty they would have cracked. I know this a little silly but they look so innocent in the photos. I think if I was a juror I'd find them not guilty. I may be wrong but got a feeling that I'm not

Jesus will be weeping for some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭starWave

We don't know the facts, but looking innocent is not a reason to believe anything. The evidence seems to be stacking up against them if anything. They haven't cracked because they still probably think they will be home in few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

This is why cases get thrown out sometimes if they get too much media exposure. They look innocent so you'd find them not guilty?

EDIT: Not thrown out, retrial.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I hope if I'm ever on trial for anything, that you're on the jury.

Originally Posted by onemorechance View Post
    Exactly. Not that hard to understand.
    well whoever set up the deal, bringing in just up to the limit each, to get a lower sentence in case they were caught, didnt do them any favours in the end!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

^ Unlike everyone else in this thread who would apparently be willing to find them guilty based solely on media reports without even hearing their or anyone else's testimony :rolleyes:

If anything I sincerely hope no AHer is ever on any jury that I have to stand before.

In my opinion, they deserve some time regardless! they had opportunities to inform security or customs on multiple occasion! the fact they thought that risking smuggling drugs with the consequences was better than this option, shows their poor decision making skills, even IF they are telling the truth...
    I think it more like they are like rabbits caught in the headlamps! They are obviously knocked for six at what has happened...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭Phoebas

Idbatterim wrote: »
    Has there been some confirmation that they've each been changed with the full 11kg?
    I hadn't seen that being reported explicitly.

Advertisement