Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Yes she seems jealous of his relationship with Carla and the staff :confused: she acting like a right narky cow lately

Hasn't she had to put up with a steady diet of Carla's boyfriends and family brought in over her in the factory? Seeing yet another one being brought in is probably driving her over the edge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Dont say "It didnt go ok", or Fizz will think shes died. Its what I would think of someone said the operation didnt go well.

Heartwrenching. Such brilliant acting.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

roy was brilliant

LOL :D

Dot in Eastenders has the same car as them :)

Maybe they are doing a car-share scheme, neither feature often ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Hasn't she had to put up with a steady diet of Carla's boyfriends and family brought in over her in the factory? Seeing yet another one being brought in is probably driving her over the edge.

She was a singer and a barmaid. At least Rob and Peter have some business backround...though I cant remember what Robs was :o

Familywise = Rob who no longer works there. Lover-wise who? I didnt think Michelle was working there when she was with Tony.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,613 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Chucken wrote: »
    She was a singer and a barmaid. At least Rob and Peter have some business backround...though I cant remember what Robs was :o

Didn't Peter and Michelle have a brief relationship/hook up also?

Didn't Peter and Michelle have a brief relationship/hook up also?

It seems they had a date alright. I dont remember it but Peter looks a lot younger in the pic.
    http://www.nowmagazine.co.uk/gallery/gallery-specials/11324/1/0/coronation-street-peter-barlow-and-michelle-connor-have-a-disasterous-date/1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Must be ferocious demand for knickers, poor whatsherface having to work late, and seems to be ongoing, this overtime she has to do :rolleyes:
    Roy and Hayley are brilliant, that was so so sad, especially when he replaced the wedding ring on her finger, at the end.

• Advertisement

LynnGrace wrote: »
    Must be ferocious demand for knickers, poor whatsherface having to work late, and seems to be ongoing, this overtime she has to do :rolleyes:
    Roy and Hayley are brilliant, that was so so sad, especially when he replaced the wedding ring on her finger, at the end.

Probably taking her 3 times as long to figure out M$ Excel.

Aside from stitching garments herself, I can't see what else she would be doing.

She's been working there long enough to know all the ins and outs of the factory doings. Just because she doesn't have a business background it doesn't mean that she wouldn't be management material. I seem to remember that she did try to take more a management role but Carla was only using her. and she steered clear of it after that.

I could have sworn Carla has had a constant steam of partners who were related, boyfriends or became boyfriends. My memory of the last ten years of Corrie is not as good as the previous 20 odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

Sure Carla only got to run the factory herself because her husband (Michelle's brother) died. Then there was the fling with Liam, the other brother, who I think worked there for a while, then Tony the psychopath, then Frank the rapist, then her brother while she flitted off on a boat with Peter, and now Peter. So I can see why Michelle would be a bit peeved. For all Carla's claiming to be an independent business woman
    she does tend to mix business and pleasure on a regular basis are rarely with a positive result!

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

I do hope the writers are not thinking about stringing the departure of Hayley into a series of cheap and morbid episodes.
    These two fine actors deserve better. Julie's leaving - make it quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭mb1725

Oliverdog wrote: »
    I do hope the writers are not thinking about stringing the departure of Hayley into a series of cheap and morbid episodes.

Wasn't she told six to twelve months tonight ? They'll roll out the black eye make-up and the pasty face any night soon and then downhill all the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Heartrending viewing on the cobbles tonight:(. I was heart sorry for them. So realistic and heartbreaking watching Roy make the silent phone call to Fiz, he just couldn't get the words out:(.

she does tend to mix business and pleasure on a regular basis and rarely with a positive result!

Thats the only way to do business.

Oliverdog wrote: »

I reckon it'll be drawn out til Christmas

seeing Hayley last night hit home as my family are going through the same thing my nana only has less than 6 months also :(

seeing Hayley last night hit home as my family are going through the same thing my nana only has less than 6 months also :(

hugs, I know its tough.

I still can't watch the episode of the Royle family where nana dies as it is just too close to home for me. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭JamesReeves

Tina has a fling with
    Peter
    Coronation Street barmaid Tina McIntyre has been tipped to have a shock fling with Peter Barlow at Christmas.

The pair will grow close later this year after Tina and her current boyfriend Tommy Duckworth split for good, according to The Sun today (September 3).

Michelle Keegan as Tina McIntyre in Coronation Street
    © ITV
    Michelle Keegan as Tina McIntyre.

As actor Chris Fountain has been sacked from Coronation Street, an upcoming episode will see the street's residents learn that his character Tommy has left Weatherfield following a huge argument with Tina.

Afterwards, Tina (Michelle Keegan) will reportedly get involved with Peter - despite his relationship with factory boss Carla Connor (Alison King).

The surprise love triangle plot is expected to be filmed over the next few weeks and come to a head at Christmas.

Chris Gascoyne as Peter Barlow in Coronation Street
    © ITV
    Chris Gascoyne

Chris Gascoyne, who plays Peter, recently warned that his character's life could soon spiral out of control again - even with his wedding to Carla on the way.

He told TV Times: "Peter is not very happy. He's just existing, but he doesn't tell Carla how he feels. He's lost the bookies and doesn't know what he's doing in the factory.

"Everyone is talking behind his back, he feels he's losing control of his life and Carla is in charge of the wedding - she's even paying for the ring!

"It's Peter doing the same old thing. Whenever things are going well, he presses the self-destruct button.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭chargerman

Last nights episode was so sad, Hayley and Roy are so good together. These scenes will be heart breaking

Tina has a fling with
    Peter
    Coronation Street barmaid Tina McIntyre has been tipped to have a shock fling with Peter Barlow at Christmas.

The pair will grow close later this year after Tina and her current boyfriend Tommy Duckworth split for good, according to The Sun today (September 3).

Michelle Keegan as Tina McIntyre in Coronation Street
    © ITV
    Michelle Keegan as Tina McIntyre.

As actor Chris Fountain has been sacked from Coronation Street, an upcoming episode will see the street's residents learn that his character Tommy has left Weatherfield following a huge argument with Tina.

Afterwards, Tina (Michelle Keegan) will reportedly get involved with Peter - despite his relationship with factory boss Carla Connor (Alison King).

The surprise love triangle plot is expected to be filmed over the next few weeks and come to a head at Christmas.

Chris Gascoyne as Peter Barlow in Coronation Street
    © ITV
    Chris Gascoyne

Chris Gascoyne, who plays Peter, recently warned that his character's life could soon spiral out of control again - even with his wedding to Carla on the way.

He told TV Times: "Peter is not very happy. He's just existing, but he doesn't tell Carla how he feels. He's lost the bookies and doesn't know what he's doing in the factory.

"Everyone is talking behind his back, he feels he's losing control of his life and Carla is in charge of the wedding - she's even paying for the ring!

"It's Peter doing the same old thing. Whenever things are going well, he presses the self-destruct button.

A bit unbelievable surely? The age difference(26 years) aside, what would they have in common? Do their eyes meet over a fizzy orange?

syklops wrote: »
    A bit unbelievable surely? The age difference(26 years) aside, what would they have in common?

Lust? Peter's a fine thing at times even if a little young for me. :D

He's been a one woman man now for far too long, it must be a least six months. Maybe they could turn him into a bigamist again.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,613 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

A bit unbelievable surely? The age difference(26 years) aside, what would they have in common? Do their eyes meet over a fizzy orange?

Did they ever even have a scene together before?

I thought he'd be back with Leanne before this year was out

Did they ever even have a scene together before?

I thought he'd be back with Leanne before this year was out

Yea, I mean have they even spoken to each other before, aside from ordering a drink in the pub?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Christ Corrie are so out of storylines it's beyond a joke. Just when the whole Peter-Leanne-Carla saga is done and dusted and one couple at least (Peter and Carla) are settling down they have to go and screw it around by getting him to have an affair. Can't the y think of anything new or different?

now I really thought peter loves Carla that a shame

Yea, I mean have they even spoken to each other before, aside from ordering a drink in the pub?

It'll probably all start in the smoking area.

• Advertisement

So sorry to hear that. God Bless you. x x

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement