Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Comments

Its Roy thats getting to me in this story.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

Hayley is usually the strong one :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,533 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

syklops wrote: »
    WTF is Michelles problem with Peter?

Yes she seems jealous of his relationship with Carla and the staff :confused: she acting like a right narky cow lately

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,478 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Poor Hayley. :(

I would never get tired of slapping Carl :mad:

I wanna kill Carl!!

Fiz is making me cry :(

Oh Roy :'(

I didn't know Roy can't drive. They always remind me of a pair of Sylvanians off in their little green car.

That was so well acted.....you would forget they are "only" acting.....

spurious wrote: »
    Roy and Hayley are played by such good actors.
    They really show the others up.

God lord I'm welling up as if I really know them :(:o such powerful performances from David and Julie

• Advertisement

Mayo Gurl wrote: »
    I didn't know Roy can't drive. They always remind me of a pair of Sylvanians off in their little green car.

LOL :D

Dot in Eastenders has the same car as them :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Yes she seems jealous of his relationship with Carla and the staff :confused: she acting like a right narky cow lately

Hasn't she had to put up with a steady diet of Carla's boyfriends and family brought in over her in the factory? Seeing yet another one being brought in is probably driving her over the edge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Dont say "It didnt go ok", or Fizz will think shes died. Its what I would think of someone said the operation didnt go well.

Heartwrenching. Such brilliant acting.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

roy was brilliant

LOL :D

Dot in Eastenders has the same car as them :)

Maybe they are doing a car-share scheme, neither feature often ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Hasn't she had to put up with a steady diet of Carla's boyfriends and family brought in over her in the factory? Seeing yet another one being brought in is probably driving her over the edge.

She was a singer and a barmaid. At least Rob and Peter have some business backround...though I cant remember what Robs was :o

Familywise = Rob who no longer works there. Lover-wise who? I didnt think Michelle was working there when she was with Tony.

Chucken wrote: »
    She was a singer and a barmaid. At least Rob and Peter have some business backround...though I cant remember what Robs was :o

Didn't Peter and Michelle have a brief relationship/hook up also?

Didn't Peter and Michelle have a brief relationship/hook up also?

It seems they had a date alright. I dont remember it but Peter looks a lot younger in the pic.
    http://www.nowmagazine.co.uk/gallery/gallery-specials/11324/1/0/coronation-street-peter-barlow-and-michelle-connor-have-a-disasterous-date/1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Must be ferocious demand for knickers, poor whatsherface having to work late, and seems to be ongoing, this overtime she has to do :rolleyes:
    Roy and Hayley are brilliant, that was so so sad, especially when he replaced the wedding ring on her finger, at the end.

• Advertisement

LynnGrace wrote: »
    Must be ferocious demand for knickers, poor whatsherface having to work late, and seems to be ongoing, this overtime she has to do :rolleyes:
    Roy and Hayley are brilliant, that was so so sad, especially when he replaced the wedding ring on her finger, at the end.

Probably taking her 3 times as long to figure out M$ Excel.

Aside from stitching garments herself, I can't see what else she would be doing.

She's been working there long enough to know all the ins and outs of the factory doings. Just because she doesn't have a business background it doesn't mean that she wouldn't be management material. I seem to remember that she did try to take more a management role but Carla was only using her. and she steered clear of it after that.

I could have sworn Carla has had a constant steam of partners who were related, boyfriends or became boyfriends. My memory of the last ten years of Corrie is not as good as the previous 20 odd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

Sure Carla only got to run the factory herself because her husband (Michelle's brother) died. Then there was the fling with Liam, the other brother, who I think worked there for a while, then Tony the psychopath, then Frank the rapist, then her brother while she flitted off on a boat with Peter, and now Peter. So I can see why Michelle would be a bit peeved. For all Carla's claiming to be an independent business woman
    she does tend to mix business and pleasure on a regular basis are rarely with a positive result!

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

I do hope the writers are not thinking about stringing the departure of Hayley into a series of cheap and morbid episodes.
    These two fine actors deserve better. Julie's leaving - make it quick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭mb1725

Oliverdog wrote: »
    I do hope the writers are not thinking about stringing the departure of Hayley into a series of cheap and morbid episodes.

Wasn't she told six to twelve months tonight ? They'll roll out the black eye make-up and the pasty face any night soon and then downhill all the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Heartrending viewing on the cobbles tonight:(. I was heart sorry for them. So realistic and heartbreaking watching Roy make the silent phone call to Fiz, he just couldn't get the words out:(.

she does tend to mix business and pleasure on a regular basis and rarely with a positive result!

Thats the only way to do business.

Oliverdog wrote: »

I reckon it'll be drawn out til Christmas

seeing Hayley last night hit home as my family are going through the same thing my nana only has less than 6 months also :(

seeing Hayley last night hit home as my family are going through the same thing my nana only has less than 6 months also :(

hugs, I know its tough.

I still can't watch the episode of the Royle family where nana dies as it is just too close to home for me. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭JamesReeves

Tina has a fling with
    Peter
    Coronation Street barmaid Tina McIntyre has been tipped to have a shock fling with Peter Barlow at Christmas.

The pair will grow close later this year after Tina and her current boyfriend Tommy Duckworth split for good, according to The Sun today (September 3).

Michelle Keegan as Tina McIntyre in Coronation Street
    © ITV
    Michelle Keegan as Tina McIntyre.

As actor Chris Fountain has been sacked from Coronation Street, an upcoming episode will see the street's residents learn that his character Tommy has left Weatherfield following a huge argument with Tina.

Afterwards, Tina (Michelle Keegan) will reportedly get involved with Peter - despite his relationship with factory boss Carla Connor (Alison King).

The surprise love triangle plot is expected to be filmed over the next few weeks and come to a head at Christmas.

Chris Gascoyne as Peter Barlow in Coronation Street
    © ITV
    Chris Gascoyne

Chris Gascoyne, who plays Peter, recently warned that his character's life could soon spiral out of control again - even with his wedding to Carla on the way.

He told TV Times: "Peter is not very happy. He's just existing, but he doesn't tell Carla how he feels. He's lost the bookies and doesn't know what he's doing in the factory.

"Everyone is talking behind his back, he feels he's losing control of his life and Carla is in charge of the wedding - she's even paying for the ring!

"It's Peter doing the same old thing. Whenever things are going well, he presses the self-destruct button.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭chargerman

Last nights episode was so sad, Hayley and Roy are so good together. These scenes will be heart breaking

Tina has a fling with
    Peter
    Coronation Street barmaid Tina McIntyre has been tipped to have a shock fling with Peter Barlow at Christmas.

The pair will grow close later this year after Tina and her current boyfriend Tommy Duckworth split for good, according to The Sun today (September 3).

Michelle Keegan as Tina McIntyre in Coronation Street
    © ITV
    Michelle Keegan as Tina McIntyre.

As actor Chris Fountain has been sacked from Coronation Street, an upcoming episode will see the street's residents learn that his character Tommy has left Weatherfield following a huge argument with Tina.

Afterwards, Tina (Michelle Keegan) will reportedly get involved with Peter - despite his relationship with factory boss Carla Connor (Alison King).

The surprise love triangle plot is expected to be filmed over the next few weeks and come to a head at Christmas.

Chris Gascoyne as Peter Barlow in Coronation Street
    © ITV
    Chris Gascoyne

Chris Gascoyne, who plays Peter, recently warned that his character's life could soon spiral out of control again - even with his wedding to Carla on the way.

He told TV Times: "Peter is not very happy. He's just existing, but he doesn't tell Carla how he feels. He's lost the bookies and doesn't know what he's doing in the factory.

"Everyone is talking behind his back, he feels he's losing control of his life and Carla is in charge of the wedding - she's even paying for the ring!

"It's Peter doing the same old thing. Whenever things are going well, he presses the self-destruct button.

A bit unbelievable surely? The age difference(26 years) aside, what would they have in common? Do their eyes meet over a fizzy orange?

A bit unbelievable surely? The age difference(26 years) aside, what would they have in common?

Lust? Peter's a fine thing at times even if a little young for me. :D

He's been a one woman man now for far too long, it must be a least six months. Maybe they could turn him into a bigamist again.

A bit unbelievable surely? The age difference(26 years) aside, what would they have in common? Do their eyes meet over a fizzy orange?

Did they ever even have a scene together before?

I thought he'd be back with Leanne before this year was out

Did they ever even have a scene together before?

I thought he'd be back with Leanne before this year was out

Yea, I mean have they even spoken to each other before, aside from ordering a drink in the pub?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Christ Corrie are so out of storylines it's beyond a joke. Just when the whole Peter-Leanne-Carla saga is done and dusted and one couple at least (Peter and Carla) are settling down they have to go and screw it around by getting him to have an affair. Can't the y think of anything new or different?

now I really thought peter loves Carla that a shame

Yea, I mean have they even spoken to each other before, aside from ordering a drink in the pub?

It'll probably all start in the smoking area.

• Advertisement

So sorry to hear that. God Bless you. x x

Sad to hear Tajd

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭_LilyRose_

I agree - I think Kylie has gorgeous skin and it makes a nice change to see someone looking natural rather than Tina and Katie and Michelle who all look like someone took to them with a tin of ronseal varnish!

Michelle Keegan is half Spanish so her tan is natural...and imo Katy's tan looks like she's just really sallow as well? You could tell a few weeks ago that both of them had been away on holidays in real life when their characters appeared back after a short absence looking browner than normal

_LilyRose_ wrote: »
    Michelle Keegan is half Spanish so her tan is natural...and imo Katy's tan looks like she's just really sallow as well? You could tell a few weeks ago that both of them had been away on holidays in real life when their characters appeared back after a short absence looking browner than normal

Get up the yard will ya? Spanish folk are olive skinned, not bloomin orange!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭_LilyRose_

Get up the yard will ya? Spanish folk are olive skinned, not bloomin orange!!!!

Haha, ah here I can't be the only one who thinks it looks natural? It's not orange and you don't get that colour with fake tan, no matter how much you use!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,206 ✭✭✭jos28

Do their eyes meet over a fizzy orange?

That's a terrible thing to call Tina :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

Only after catching up on last night's episodes. Truly beautifully done, so poignant. I was surprised when I didn't cry at Hayley being given the bad news but in the end it was the phone call between Roy and Fizz that did it for me, I was balling! Very well written and portrayed.

_LilyRose_ wrote: »
    Haha, ah here I can't be the only one who thinks it looks natural?

I think you might actually be the only one who thinks it's natural. Perhaps you should get your tv looked at! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

jos28 wrote: »
    That's a terrible thing to call Tina :D

On second thoughts, she's orange and she fizzes over in a bad temper in every second scene with a face on her like she just drank a pint of boiled vinegar. Fizzy Orange it is so :)

Source

Coronation Street
    will explore the issue of the right to die when Hayley Cropper decides that she
    wants to take control of her own death............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 764 ✭✭✭buttercups88

Source

Coronation Street
    will explore the issue of the right to die when Hayley Cropper decides that she
    wants to take control of her own death............

Noooooo it's hard enough to watch at the moment

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement