Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford GAA Discussion Thread 2013- Mod Warning Post #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Deise_2012 wrote: »
    are Cian and Ronan Lynch on the Senior panel?

Just Cian

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Deise_2012

There's the rugby teams chances blown out the window ya big crow ya.. lol
    Love to see what he's written on the rugby forum :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

are Cian and Ronan Lynch on the Senior panel?
    Just Cian

Aye, it's just Cian, Ronan is doing the Leaving Cert this year. Tom Morrissey & Cian Lynch are the only players from the last 2 minors team who are on the panel at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭The blue blaa

Love to see what he's written on the rugby forum :D

He'll have a french jersey under his irish one and an all blacks hat on.

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭cul beag

Looking forward to the game in kilmallock today. It is a great opportunity to get another win under the belt with Limerick short 10 or more from the panel. Very confident of another victory for us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭archieknox

I see my club has come in for more criticism again over the last few days lol. What can i tell ye only Kieran got a great reception at training last night,it was like welcoming one of our own home!! So Tom,Colin and Cathal that welcoming poster is nicely tucked away in the store room awaiting your arrival next year lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭stumblingblock

archieknox wrote: »
    I see my club has come in for more criticism again over the last few days lol. What can i tell ye only Kieran got a great reception at training last night,it was like welcoming one of our own home!! So Tom,Colin and Cathal that welcoming poster is nicely tucked away in the store room awaiting your arrival next year lol

And yere star player of the past 10 years an abbeyside man

• Registered Users Posts: 13 logbox

archieknox wrote: »

That's nice to hear. But ye can still only start 15 players and "some of yer own" will not get a game .

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭HillFarmer

cul beag wrote: »
    Looking forward to the game in kilmallock today. It is a great opportunity to get another win under the belt with Limerick short 10 or more from the panel. Very confident of another victory for us.

As per alltheyoung blues website we are short the follwoing

Jamie Barron, Tom Devine, Tadgh Bourke, Paudie Prendergast, Pauric Mahoney, Jake Dillon, Gavin O’Brien, and Austin Gleeson.

Wouldnt say a handy win!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 brickeyvalley

How much are tickets for the Waterford vs cork game tomorrow in Clashmore people in the valley are asking me

• Advertisement

HillFarmer wrote: »
    As per alltheyoung blues website we are short the follwoing

Jamie Barron, Tom Devine, Tadgh Bourke, Paudie Prendergast, Pauric Mahoney, Jake Dillon, Gavin O’Brien, and Austin Gleeson.

Wouldnt say a handy win!

I think he's wrong about Mahony, Dillon, O'Brien and Gleeson as WIT are not involved this weekend. DJ Foran is another who'd be missing due to being with UCC I would think and Shane Roche as well.

Jake Dillon goal. 1-5 to 0-3

• Registered Users Posts: 37,916 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

1-8 to 1-7 at ht

Why can't we hold on to a lead

PTH2009 wrote: »
    1-8 to 1-7 at ht

Why can't we hold on to a lead
    Worry about the rugby!

2-10 to 1-9 limerick now

First Munster getting destroyed now waterford

2-10 to 1-9 limerick now

First Munster getting destroyed now waterford
    Losing by 2 points.. 2-12 to 1-13

Curran coming on as a sub instead of starting, sure no wonder we lost #upthe brickeys.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Deise189

Anyone at the match know how Waterford played?

I knw it's early days yet and we have lost to all our intercounty opponents (Galway, Wexford,Clare Dublin and Limerick) so far this season

Our performances seem to be better though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭Slobbery

Curran coming on as a sub instead of starting, sure no wonder we lost #upthe brickeys.

If we took off the 15 players and left Cormac Curran play the last 20 minutes on his own we would have won by six points

• Advertisement

I knw it's early days yet and we have lost to all our intercounty opponents (Galway, Wexford,Clare Dublin and Limerick) so far this season

Our performances seem to be better though
    Sleep on the other side of the bed for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 48 brickeyvalley

For all concern, minor and u21 football training Sunday Morning @11:00 @bushypark, well atleast Cormac has the big ball to keep him occupied until the league starts :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭Slobbery

For all concern, minor and u21 football training Sunday Morning @11:00 @bushypark, well atleast Cormac has the big ball to keep him occupied until the league starts :D

If I get to the nearest airport now, I might make it back on time!

Good man, it's all just s bit of craic

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭HillFarmer

looking at the half back line V Limerick.

Gavin O’Brien, Austin Gleeson, Pa Walsh

Not sure how they went but I'd prefer Brick Walsh center back along with Moran and Nagle, never understood dropping him.

Gleeson I think would be better as a half forward and would be able to take a score better than Brick.

What do people think will be our starting half back line in June?

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭3ships

Wat 1-15 Lim 2-15

This was a tough battle. Kilmallock in January is just a hard place to come out of with a result especially considering the the appearance of the majority of Limerick frontline players except the local club players. Waterford started brightly on an icey pitch and built up lead of 1-7 to 0-3 points after 20 or so minutes. The goal came from a lovely floated pass from Brian O Halloran into Jake Dillon. With Ritchie McCarthy left flat footed, Dillon held his nerve when one on one. While Limerick were guilty of a lot of wides, underfoot conditions scuppered the likes of Kearney and O Halloran while promising combination play between Connors and Breathnach failed with slightly wayward hand passes and control.

After the likes of James Ryan and Wayne McNamara dispensed with the hard man act Limerick started to hurl a bit and Waterford really retreated. Still coming up to Half time it looked like the Deise would have a cushion for the turnaround, unfortunately on the whistle the speculative ball into Begley finally paid off when the sliother broke to Adrian Breen who took his chance well.

Up until that point Shane Fives did really well at Full Back on Begley and continued to do so throughout the game but early in the second half a driven ball in bounced from his hand to the goal. An ugly one but with the rain and the cold was just unlucky. At this stage I thought Limerick would pull away being 2-10 to 1-9 up but management changed the structure of the attack opting for beef in the form of Brick and Curran and later pushing Aussie back up to win ball. Cormac Curran was just what we needed, he flattened Wayne McNamara which resulted in a free out and a yellow card but I can't say I was disappointed with that, we were too light for too long before that. He showed his ability with the stick to score from under the stand and with his presence up top at least the ball didn't come straight back which happened a lot.

Overall Limerick are definite favorites to win the League game on this evidence. They are a strong team with now added quality and pace of Cian Lynch. However David Breen who caused all sorts of trouble in the opening exchanges went off injured and the Kilmallock lads wont be coming back into their team while for Waterford there is the likes of the Mahonys, the UCC lads and maybe Daragh Fives to return.

McNulty, Fives and Connors all played well in the FB line.. Gavin O Brien and Martin O Neill were good, Pa Walsh needed a ladder to mark Breen but fought hard and was happy to see the back of him. Austin Gleeson started very well but Limerick just by-passed him in the second half and he didn't get much service when swapped to the forwards either. It was a tough day for the forwards against seasoned defenders but they all had their moments and tried hard , you would expect them to improve with the ground. A lot to iron out but there does seem to be options going forward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭stumblingblock

HillFarmer wrote: »
    looking at the half back line V Limerick.

Gavin O’Brien, Austin Gleeson, Pa Walsh

Not sure how they went but I'd prefer Brick Walsh center back along with Moran and Nagle, never understood dropping him.

Gleeson I think would be better as a half forward and would be able to take a score better than Brick.

What do people think will be our starting half back line in June?

Philip Mahony Moran and darragh fives. Bourke is the best full back in the co. Imo we need him there

Philip Mahony Moran and darragh fives. Bourke is the best full back in the co. Imo we need him there
    From what evidence is he the best full back in the Co.? Played one time there in an u21 game in 2013

Footballers are up 4 points to 2 at half time

• Registered Users Posts: 39,508 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Deise189 wrote: »
    Footballers are up 4 points to 2 at half time

Windy?

• Advertisement

Not at it I`m just following Tomas McCarthy on twitter!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement