Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford GAA Discussion Thread 2013- Mod Warning Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭dzilla

pmy.murphy wrote: »
    Still take nothing away from his hurling ability

Its up there with your gobsh1tery

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Ah well best of luck being bridesmaids haha. Its all Waterford will ever be. Ya cant beat tradition. We didnt beat yee by half enough in that 08 All Ireland. Also read somewhere yesterday about Davy Fitz getting assaulted by a few Waterford fans after the 2011 Munster Final. You stay classy

Least Waterford don't throw hurleys at an opposing player when they losing.
    When Tipp destroyed Kks 5 in a row dream in the 2010 AI final, Lar Corbett was heading for goal there was a hurley thrown his direction by a KK player.

Didn't stop Lar scoring anyway!! :pac:

Is the KK poster looking for attention or a rise from the Waterford posters?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭seananigans

Ah well best of luck being bridesmaids haha. Its all Waterford will ever be. Ya cant beat tradition. We didnt beat yee by half enough in that 08 All Ireland. Also read somewhere yesterday about Davy Fitz getting assaulted by a few Waterford fans after the 2011 Munster Final. You stay classy

Did you say that in 2002 when we broke 45 years of tradition? Or last year when we broke 66 years of it.

I wish all of kk were as complacent

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Ropaire

He is but seriously Waterford are no angels either. Theres a lot of niggle there from both sides. Ya cant say one side are worse than the other. The main reason i dislike waterford is not just because they hate us but because they hate us to such an extent they refuse to even recognise or acknowldege our achievements and all they do is pick them apart the whole time. Not saying anything about you obviously you have your reasons which is understandable but theres a lot of people who dont. As you say yourself about Henry Shefflin, I have a lot of respect for Tony Browne. Sure its a crime not to have respect for a great of the game no matter what county their from. Lar Corbett is another.

I went to the 2011 final and was appalled by the amount of kilkenny hats and flags thrown in bins after Tipp had won. There were kilkenny lads in bars tellin me Coady had to go and he was past it and this that and the other fella is over the hill. Kilkenny support only seemed to reconnect with the team again last year, before that the only noise from kilkenny fans at matches was giving out to yer own players if they made a mistake. You're on a waterford forum looking for acknowledgement of your great players when half your own don't appreciaye them. Sad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭pmy.murphy

Did you say that in 2002 when we broke 45 years of tradition? Or last year when we broke 66 years of it.

I wish all of kk were as complacent

2002, It was only a provincial title and last year was only a minor title. If thats all we win in a year its counted as a failure like last year even though we won the league. Tells the difference in expectations I suppose

2002, It was only a provincial title and last year was only a minor title. If thats all we win in a year its counted as a failure like last year even though we won the league. Tells the difference in expectations I suppose

Well I class not doing 5 in a row as failure, all the talk of been the greatest team and couldn't even do 5 in a row.

True, also shows we stand by our teams and support them instead of insulting them classifying them as failures if theu don't win everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

tbf its a big difference to be beat cork (reigning league champs at the time in 02) and the reighing all Ireland champs to win a provinicial than to hammer a couple weaker counties to win leinster :D

STIG83 wrote: »
    Well I class not doing 5 in a row as failure, all the talk of been the greatest team and couldn't even do 5 in a row.

Well ya would wouldnt ya your from Waterford, difference is we were beaten by the better team on the day but we still returned to win the next 2 All Irelands so that puts that debate to rest

• Advertisement

tbf its a big difference to be beat cork (reigning league champs at the time in 02) and the reighing all Ireland champs to win a provinicial than to hammer a couple weaker counties to win leinster :D

Wonder what would Kilkennys all ireland tally be if they had to play a few decent teams instead of coasting into an all ireland semi final for the guts of 100 years or more. Ya can't beat Munster hurling!

Ropaire wrote: »
    True, also shows we stand by our teams and support them instead of insulting them classifying them as failures if theu don't win everything.

No one is classifying anyone as failures. Perhaps I worded it wrongly I for one will always stand by my county through thick and thin. Im just saying in terms of the expectations of a county, that does not meet expectations, the one and only goal is an All Ireland title, when that is not achieved everything else is irrelevant. Brian Cody even the players came out in the press and said that in some shape or form that last year was a failure in their own words of course

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭seananigans

Tells a difference in being ungrateful , you know nothing about sort by your attitude those boys and men did things that hadn't been done before, and more than could have been expected of them , that deserves respect .

Last night year I met a true kk fab. A man I genuinely liked coming out of semple.I ToLD him blankly you weren't winning it and he agreed . I wished him the best of luck and we bantered down to the square and off he went.about half way down I asked me by I bumped into so many spoilt arseholes.in fact that was the only kk fans I ever met .h apologised and said it would be good for kk to have a few bad years so that the spoilt brats could **** off for themselves.

This answers why Waterford people might have a problem Sunshine's and arseholes seem to outnumber real sportsmen more than ten to one

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 607 ✭✭✭jack o shea

kk would have beaten the pick of munster between 2006 to 2009. pity they didnt add another 30 pts onto their tally in the 08 final.

Wonder what would Kilkennys all ireland tally be if they had to play a few decent teams instead of coasting into an all ireland semi final for the guts of 100 years or more. Ya can't beat Munster hurling!

Ah here another case of what mite have been. Sure munster hurling was ****e for a while too. Leinster was only ****e since around 02 when we started to rise and Wexford and Offaly were in decline. The last 3-4 years weve had galway and dublin coming on. Stupid logic like. If your auntie had balls she'd be your uncle, must be a phrase that Waterford people live by cause thats all yee go on about is what might have been when yee slate Kilkenny

No one is classifying anyone as failures. Perhaps I worded it wrongly I for one will always stand by my county through thick and thin. Im just saying in terms of the expectations of a county, that does not meet expectations, the one and only goal is an All Ireland title, when that is not achieved everything else is irrelevant. Brian Cody even the players came out in the press and said that in some shape or form that last year was a failure in their own words of course

id prepare myself for a lot more of not meeting expectations over the next 5-7 years if I was you...2 or 3 more retirements and from as far as I can see/been told the replacements coming aren't as good as the old guard,and with general improvenment in standreds in other counties

Tells a difference in being ungrateful , you know nothing about sort by your attitude those boys and men did things that hadn't been done before, and more than could have been expected of them , that deserves respect .

Last night year I met a true kk fab. A man I genuinely liked coming out of semple.I ToLD him blankly you weren't winning it and he agreed . I wished him the best of luck and we bantered down to the square and off he went.about half way down I asked me by I bumped into so many spoilt arseholes.in fact that was the only kk fans I ever met .h apologised and said it would be good for kk to have a few bad years so that the spoilt brats could **** off for themselves.

This answers why Waterford people might have a problem Sunshine's and arseholes seem to outnumber real sportsmen more than ten to one

Had a similar experience, sat beside a lad from kilkenny who was a pure gentleman for that game. Had a wee man with me who had great craic with the lad and I genuinely wished him and kilkenny well for the rest of the year leaving. Then you hear the gloryhounds talkin bollox taintin their reputation insulting teams and counties that they've beaten and you fell sorry for genuine lads like these who have to put up with that ****e and be labelled by association.

id prepare myself for a lot more of not meeting expectations over the next 5-7 years if I was you...2 or 3 more retirements and from as far as I can see/been told the replacements coming aren't as good as the old guard,and with general improvenment in standreds in other counties

Here that was probably one of the greatest teams of all time, of course were not going to get lads that will be just as good to replace them, that would be a ridiculous expectation but as tradition suggests Kilkenny will always have great hurlers and underage success means nothing. Cork are the same a young team very much on the rise and what success have they had underage with the last 10 years. Just proves that ya cant beat tradition. Cork will always have good hurlers too regardless and so will us

Had a similar experience, sat beside a lad from kilkenny who was a pure gentleman for that game. Had a wee man with me who had great craic with the lad and I genuinely wished him and kilkenny well for the rest of the year leaving. Then you hear the gloryhounds talkin bollox taintin their reputation insulting teams and counties that they've beaten and you fell sorry for genuine lads like these who have to put up with that ****e and be labelled by association.

Here I could say the same about Waterford. Its the same with every county, theres always a few

Ah here another case of what mite have been. Sure munster hurling was ****e for a while too. Leinster was only ****e since around 02 when we started to rise and Wexford and Offaly were in decline. The last 3-4 years weve had galway and dublin coming on. Stupid logic like. If your auntie had balls she'd be your uncle, must be a phrase that Waterford people live by cause thats all yee go on about is what might have been when yee slate Kilkenny

Your memory goes back to 02? Google all irelands by province and getback to me, obviously havent a clue about the good old days.

• Advertisement

Your memory goes back to 02? Google all irelands by province and getback to me, obviously havent a clue about the good old days.

I was talking of recently of how leinster went down after then, the 80s and the 90s were glory days for Wexford and Offaly. Obviously All Ireland count is unfair when ya have Cork and Tipp in the one province

only once in all my time going to Waterford matchs have I spoke to any Kilkenny fan like that.including league and challenge matches
    they seem to have an extremely large chip on there shoulder, and booing and jeering and trying to rise opposition supporters (I assume they are trying to rise people-if they carried on like this everyday,kilkenny would have a crazy high murder rate)
    no need for it,they are so successful and still a little insecure (the supporters-players are gentlemen by all accounts)

I was talking of recently of how leinster went down after then, the 80s and the 90s were glory days for Wexford and Offaly. Obviously All Ireland count is unfair when ya have Cork and Tipp in the one province

Exactly. If ye were in Munster and 1 of those 2 in Leinster ye'd be along way behind overall! Ye done alot of catchin up last 15 years in fairness tho

only once in all my time going to Waterford matchs have I spoke to any Kilkenny fan like that.including league and challenge matches
    they seem to have an extremely large chip on there shoulder, and booing and jeering and trying to rise opposition supporters (I assume they are trying to rise people-if they carried on like this everyday,kilkenny would have a crazy high murder rate)
    no need for it,they are so successful and still a little insecure (the supporters-players are gentlemen by all accounts)

I have never once heard that myself, obviously you have a problem. The only time I hear that craic going on is at Tipp matches. Ive never heard the likes of it before. Sure Waterford does it too. Yere supporters feel the need to boo and jeer our lads when they are running out onto the field the whole time most recently in thurles last year

Here that was probably one of the greatest teams of all time, of course were not going to get lads that will be just as good to replace them, that would be a ridiculous expectation but as tradition suggests Kilkenny will always have great hurlers and underage success means nothing. Cork are the same a young team very much on the rise and what success have they had underage with the last 10 years. Just proves that ya cant beat tradition. Cork will always have good hurlers too regardless and so will us

its what your future is by and large built on:confused::confused:

that cork team is as good as it'll get imo, back boned by too many average players,
    they should have been beat easily by clare the first day at the all-Ireland,there supporters said as much (well the ones I was sitting beside)

Exactly. If ye were in Munster and 1 of those 2 in Leinster ye'd be along way behind overall! Ye done alot of catchin up last 15 years in fairness tho

Like I said, if your auntie had balls she'd be your uncle. We have beaten all the munster teams over those years which disproves that bull. Sure when Waterford were in their prime in the mid noughties yee only had Cork to beat, Clare were on the way down, and Limerick and Tipp were very average indeed, I seem to remember Tipp being beaten by Wexford at one stage there in an All Ireland Quarter Final when ya talk about Leinster haha. Complete and utter crap, it was only Waterford and Cork in Munster for a good few years there

I have never once heard that myself, obviously you have a problem. The only time I hear that craic going on is at Tipp matches. Ive never heard the likes of it before. Sure Waterford does it too. Yere supporters feel the need to boo and jeer our lads when they are running out onto the field the whole time most recently in thurles last year

I have a problem alright:rolleyes::rolleyes:
    I go to see a game of hurling not to spat at,jeered people coming up laughing into other supporters faces (alright that didn't happen me,seen it happen last year in thurles)
    tipp supporters are gents compared to them-this coming from someone who would be regulary out in carrick-on-suir-still love to beat them though

the roughest shower of supporters iv came across have been toothless, cider drinking, dan shanahan look a likes from waterford , every county has good and bad.

And if waterford were in leinster they still wouldnt have won an all ireland since 63 or whenever it was. best team in the country wins the all ireland, try it sometime.

• Advertisement

I have a problem alright:rolleyes::rolleyes:
    I go to see a game of hurling not to spat at,jeered people coming up laughing into other supporters faces (alright that didn't happen me,seen it happen last year in thurles)
    tipp supporters are gents compared to them-this coming from someone who would be regulary out in carrick-on-suir-still love to beat them though

Yeh like most Kilkenny supporters do aswell. Your not so different to me after all in labelling a majority. As someone said there every county has good and bad

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement