Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford GAA Discussion Thread 2013- Mod Warning Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 1club1county

Does anybody have a list of the shops that are selling tickets for the Dublin league game this weekend. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭The blue blaa

Does anybody have a list of the shops that are selling tickets for the Dublin league game this weekend. Thanks

http://m.supervalu.ie/real-people/our-sponsorship/gaa/match-day-tickets/

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Giveitfong

According to the Irish Times today, the GAA's Central Competitions Control Commmittee found that the rule governing the situation (where competitions run over two years) is ambiguous and that Creggan had acted in good faith by waiting until the turn of the year to include the players in question. They had already rejected the Ballysaggart objection on the grounds that it was submitted too late, so the only issue was whether Creggan should be disqualified from the competition. The CCCC has now asked Central Council to issue a binding interpretation of the rule for next season's club championships.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,505 ✭✭✭blue note

Giveitfong wrote: »
    According to the Irish Times today, the GAA's Central Competitions Control Commmittee found that the rule governing the situation (where competitions run over two years) is ambiguous and that Creggan had acted in good faith by waiting until the turn of the year to include the players in question. They had already rejected the Ballysaggart objection on the grounds that it was submitted too late, so the only issue was whether Creggan should be disqualified from the competition. The CCCC has now asked Central Council to issue a binding interpretation of the rule for next season's club championships.

I don’t agree with them and I reckon they made that decision because it is the less sensational outcome from the situation. But at least there’s an explanation anyway.

I don’t believe Creggan acted in good faith though and I don’t think it’s fair that a team have now won an All Ireland playing under different rules to the other teams which is essentially what happened. If I was a Ballysaggart man or from the club they knocked out in the semi-final I’d feel extremely sour whenever I think about it, which is a terrible shame, because a player should be able to look back on that season as one of the best years of their life. There will always be a tinge of bitterness about it now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭robopaddy

If I go to the football sunday will that give me concession to the hurling aswell? Anyone know?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Cornerstoner

robopaddy wrote: »
    If I go to the football sunday will that give me concession to the hurling aswell? Anyone know?

A concession? They should be paying you to go into it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Deise_2012

No chance!!

A concession? They should be paying you to go into it!

Werent u the fellah giving out about ballysaggart not fielding a football team. Make up ur mind

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Cornerstoner

Werent u the fellah giving out about ballysaggart not fielding a football team. Make up ur mind

Im saying the crowds are so small!

Deise_2012 wrote: »
    No chance!!

What a load of ****. Ive a rare weekend home. more of a hurling man but my mate is playing in the football and a few mates from london.was gonna give them a bit of support for a change they work just as hard but dont feel like payin for either now.... Grab All Association

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Tramore84

Hi all,

If you are in the Dublin area on Thursday night, March 20th you might be interested in this :-

http://m.goldenpages.ie/mysite/90044825

Should be a bit of craic :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭cul beag

Tramore84 wrote: »
    Hi all,

If you are in the Dublin area on Thursday night, March 20th you might be interested in this :-

http://m.goldenpages.ie/mysite/90044825

Should be a bit of craic :-)

Love the "Dany" Shanahan part. Personal touchðŸ˜

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

I suppose there's no chance the match is on tv today?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,814 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I suppose there's no chance the match is on tv today?

No there's a football match live and after that there showing Kilkenny vs Galway

I think rte are only showing tipp vs clare and Kilkenny vs Galway tonight on league Sunday

Why tg4 always pick Galway to show is beyond me

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Footballers losing 1-2 to 0-0 against London

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭The blue blaa

PTH2009 wrote: »
    No there's a football match live and after that there showing Kilkenny vs Galway

I think rte are only showing tipp vs clare and Kilkenny vs Galway tonight on league Sunday

Lads is throw in definitely at 2.30 pm??

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭3ships

Lads is throw in definitely at 2.30 pm??
    Ye

KevIRL wrote: »
    Footballers losing 1-2 to 0-0 against London

1-6 to 0-4 now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭seananigans

Large Irish speaking population?

1-6 to 0-4 now

1-7 to 0-5 HT

• Advertisement

Joey Boland does start for dublin

Anyone know what happened for red card? Stood on the far bank and missed it

Anyone know what happened for red card? Stood on the far bank and missed it

Wlr said it was nothing a flick of a hurl in error

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Hslaw

Go on socky

• Registered Users Posts: 5,160 ✭✭✭hardybuck

McGrath out!

Only just home now and thawing out slowly, was a cold place on that bank today. Jesus what a defensive performance in the second half, outstanding stuff, Dublin only got their first score in the second half with 10 mins left in the match.

Stephen O Keeffe was excellent, as were all the backs, special mention to Tadgh Bourke looking like a great find.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,814 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

very sloppy game but i imagine thats because of the weather and a wins a win. The game could of easily been a draw. Dublin were in control for the first few mins but Waterford crawled there way back and the goal came at a good time for Waterford. Losing brick to the red card was a huge setback but we played well considering been down to 14.

3rd in the league now after 3 games and a possible QF date on the 30th agaisnt either Cork or Limerick

Is brick gone for the rest of the campaign ??

very sloppy game but i imagine thats because of the weather and a wins a win. The game could of easily been a draw. Dublin were in control for the first few mins but Waterford crawled there way back and the goal came at a good time for Waterford. Losing brick to the red card was a huge setback but we played well considering been down to 14.

3rd in the league now after 3 games and a possible QF date on the 30th agaisnt either Cork or Limerick

Is brick gone for the rest of the campaign ??

to be appealed, even if downgraded to a yellow, would change the whole thing,only heard on the radio mind, but they said he swung on his blind side and the player happened to be there,hardly a red

I hate to rain on anyone's parade or be negative after a win, but its worth noting that given how tight the division is there is a good chance that one or more of the teams in the relegation match will have won 2 games. We probably need a draw or win from one of our last 2 games to secure a quarter final placing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭IanVW

I hate to rain on anyone's parade or be negative after a win, but its worth noting that given how tight the division is there is a good chance that one or more of the teams in the relegation match will have won 2 games. We probably need a draw or win from one of our last 2 games to secure a quarter final placing

Arent we ok now though that weve beaten galway and dublin on head to head rule?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement