Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford GAA Discussion Thread 2013- Mod Warning Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,821 ✭✭✭deisedude

Brad1234 wrote: »
    Of Course but it has been dragged to death here and I'm also well sick of it cause we're gonna have to listen to the aftermath of the decision also from people with agendas on both sides..

Saggart have had their moment move on.. Waterford team is the only newsworthy story at the moment as the club scene wont really kick off till April/May so of course thats what most people want to talk about.

Good win the weekend now will set us up for the rest of the league and possibly qualification!

That is incredibly condescending. This is more than likely the only time Ballysaggart will ever get to an All Ireland final and you think they should just forget about it even though the other team cheated their way to an All Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Brad1234

They had the game won they shat the bag and thats the crux of it.. They can complain whatever way they want but the deep issue for them to acknowledge is they lost it themselves and they can piss whinge and moan about all the other issues which i agree are completely wrong and totally broke the rules but i know from when i've played matches if you're 10 points up and cruising and manage to throw away the game then i couldn't care less about all the other outside influences because as players you know you've F**ked up. This is speaking from experience..

So that's why im sick of it. Typical Waterford mentality.. Brittle minds and blame everything under the son without first having a look at yourself.. Been at it for years between every club side and county team for as long as i can remember..

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Horseboxhead

as i said we get it, your perfectly correct in every way, just stop banging the same drum , free your mind , think of something else, you'll be amazed what you come up with, unless there is another reason your on here constantly harping on about a topic that 90% of the people on here were, and i repeat were interested in, and of course this is a waterford gaa thread , and of course this is a live topic and of course you can talk about it if you want, but are you not slightly bored with it ?, until something of note actually happens?, as of now its just noise, and will remain so untll a decision is made either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭deiseach

I think the story at this stage is that it is dragging on so long. Nothing is going to bring it back for Ballysaggart, but it's grossly unfair on Creggan that they are being strung along like this. That's true even if they did engage in cheating. Justice delayed is justice denied.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 607 ✭✭✭jack o shea

10 pts up in an all ireland and end up been lucky to draw it and lose the replay and then kick up murder over a 16 yr old playing for the other team, only one county in ireland would shame themselves in this way and thats waterford.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭dzilla

10 pts up in an all ireland and end up been lucky to draw it and lose the replay and then kick up murder over a 16 yr old playing for the other team, only one county in ireland would shame themselves in this way and thats waterford.

What are you basing that statement, cos if you can give some examples of how waterford have behaved like this in the past fair enough... but if not its just a poor attempt at trolling

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 607 ✭✭✭jack o shea

its just typical of a county that cant win all irelands, blame everyone bar themselves, if my club carried on like saggart have i would be ashamed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,160 ✭✭✭hardybuck

I think this poster likes to amuse himself with these sorts of posts.

Also likes to spend time in the Kerry forum having a cut off teams from Mayo.

its just typical of a county that cant win all irelands, blame everyone bar themselves, if my club carried on like saggart have i would be ashamed.

Ah right. I see. Generalising all of Waterford because of some actions by a smaller club in the county. I don't think Waterford really blame anyone but themselves for their poor showing in certain games. They put blame on the gaa for 07 i admit, as we had to play a few weeks in a row, but their are burnout issues etc their aswell.

Waterford take their beating, we're not the kinda team in the last 20 years to appeal sendings off or anything like that in the highcourt on technicalities or go on strike etc. I think you are way off with your opinion, but you are entitled to it i supppose, however wrong it may be.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

dzilla wrote: »
    Ah right. I see. Generalising all of Waterford because of some actions by a smaller club in the county. I don't think Waterford really blame anyone but themselves for their poor showing in certain games. They put blame on the gaa for 07 i admit, as we had to play a few weeks in a row, but their are burnout issues etc their aswell.

Waterford take their beating, we're not the kinda team in the last 20 years to appeal sendings off or anything like that in the highcourt on technicalities or go on strike etc. I think you are way off with your opinion, but you are entitled to it i supppose, however wrong it may be.

Considering some of the muck that you yourself have posted in the Limerick thread I really hope you appreciate the irony :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Considering some of the muck that you yourself have posted in the Limerick thread I really hope you appreciate the irony :rolleyes:

You should really consider becoming a moderator if it bothers you so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Deise_2012

SOK/Iggy
    Noel Connors, Shane Fives, Barry Coughlan/Tadhg Bourke
    Jamie Nagle, Brick, Philip Mahony
    Shane Sully, Kevin Moran
    Ray Barry Paudie Mahony, Stevie Molumphy
    Ryan Donnelly, Seamus Pender, Jake Dillon/Jamie Barron

I think he'll go for SOK, Barry Coughlan and Jake Dillon. I can't see Ray Barry or Ryan Dono being dropped after the Galway game. Tadhg Bourke would be very unlucky to be dropped aswel, but I've a feeling he'll go for Coughlan

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭alllcounty

How long is Darragh Fives out for? Would have been good to try him out in the half forwards in the league but with injury it doesn’t look like it now. Also is Donie Breathnach on the panel does anyone know. He looks like a player that could add to the team in the wing forward position and the league would have been a good place to assess if could stake a place in the team come championship.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,815 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Dublin have some very good hurlers and could win it sunday if Waterford fail to show up and fail to score.

have a feeling in my waters that were not going to play well sunday (hopefully im wrong and we play out of our skin)

Liam Rushe will be on Paudie Mahoney to try and stop paudie getting into the game

Hopefully the WIT players hangovers are well gone

If we lose sunday its very unlikely we will make the Quarter finals.

We are going to be playing 4 weekends in a row (Dublin 9th, Clare 16th, Kilkenny 23rd and the QF or the Relagation playoff on the 30th).

This is a huge game Sunday almost as important as the Cork game in May

The Waterford vs London Football game is on in WIT Carriganore at 12.45. Wy oh why didnt they do a double header in Walsh Park

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭TheScoringGoal

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Dublin have some very good hurlers and could win it sunday if Waterford fail to show up and fail to score.

have a feeling in my waters that were not going to play well sunday (hopefully im wrong and we play out of our skin)

Liam Rushe will be on Paudie Mahoney to try and stop paudie getting into the game

Hopefully the WIT players hangovers are well gone

If we lose sunday its very unlikely we will make the Quarter finals.

We are going to be playing 4 weekends in a row (Dublin 9th, Clare 16th, Kilkenny 23rd and the QF or the Relagation playoff on the 30th).

This is a huge game Sunday almost as important as the Cork game in May

The Waterford vs London Football game is on in WIT Carriganore at 12.45. Wy oh why didnt they do a double header in Walsh Park

Big ask of a pitch to take two games this time of year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭pmy.murphy

Slobbery wrote: »
    I don't see the loophole - let's say if an U-21 championship is not completed in a calender year (so 2013) (it has happened) and the competition is completed early the next year (2014) - all the players who would be overage for U-21 from January 2014 the first would still be allowed to complete the 2013 U-21 championship.

Well surely the exact opposite should also apply in this case

I suppose when you put it in that context maybe your right but the GAA obviously dont agree. In the eyes of the GAA they are creating this loop hole by not granting ballysaggart a replay and not punising creggan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭robopaddy

I cant see ur beef with waterford. For someone who dosent like us u spend a lot of ur spare time on here trying to mingle with us.
    I can understand pmy murphys beef after someone said its a pity the WIT captain was from kk. Must be his brother or something ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭seananigans

http://www.independent.ie/sport/hurling/davy-fitzgerald-clare-players-were-on-harder-stuff-than-drink-30062189.html

"There are 85,000 people there. I'm on the sideline. We're getting beaten 30 points by Kilkenny, absolutely hammering us. You can't (hide) any place. I'll never forget coming up to the dressing room afterwards, the boys were gone. I actually fell to my knees. My dad and my best friend Liam were there. I just fell down. I balled out crying. I was in a bad way after it. I couldn't believe, that, one minute I was up so high and the next minute I was down (so low)."

He also revealed how he was assaulted by Waterford supporters when the team came off the back of another severe beating at the hands of Tipperary in 2011.

"I remember getting hit by two or three supporters after a game. We lost 7-21 to 21 points to Tipperary. A few of the Waterford supporters hit me on the way in (to the dressing room) and they tried to get in the dressing room door. It was my fault the team played badly."

"In sport there will be ups and downs in a big way. While last year was unbelievable for me, I never forget what it was like to be low, and there is low points you have to deal with. "

http://www.independent.ie/sport/hurling/davy-fitzgerald-clare-players-were-on-harder-stuff-than-drink-30062189.html

"There are 85,000 people there. I'm on the sideline. We're getting beaten 30 points by Kilkenny, absolutely hammering us. You can't (hide) any place. I'll never forget coming up to the dressing room afterwards, the boys were gone. I actually fell to my knees. My dad and my best friend Liam were there. I just fell down. I balled out crying. I was in a bad way after it. I couldn't believe, that, one minute I was up so high and the next minute I was down (so low)."

He also revealed how he was assaulted by Waterford supporters when the team came off the back of another severe beating at the hands of Tipperary in 2011.

"I remember getting hit by two or three supporters after a game. We lost 7-21 to 21 points to Tipperary. A few of the Waterford supporters hit me on the way in (to the dressing room) and they tried to get in the dressing room door. It was my fault the team played badly."

"In sport there will be ups and downs in a big way. While last year was unbelievable for me, I never forget what it was like to be low, and there is low points you have to deal with. "

he's better suited to Garter Lane not a hurling pitch at times

robopaddy wrote: »
    I cant see ur beef with waterford. For someone who dosent like us u spend a lot of ur spare time on here trying to mingle with us.
    I can understand pmy murphys beef after someone said its a pity the WIT captain was from kk. Must be his brother or something ;-)

But as far as I can remember I dont think I mentioned anything about that comment and no you are right I didnt appreciate it either but I certainly didnt comment on it. I happen to know Eoin Murphy very well myself. The comment was a bit unnecessary but sure look what else would you expect from Waterford, Im sure you can agree that yee dont like us and we dont like youse

• Advertisement

pmy.murphy wrote: »
    But as far as I can remember I dont think I mentioned anything about that comment and no you are right I didnt appreciate it either but I certainly didnt comment on it. I happen to know Eoin Murphy very well myself. The comment was a bit unnecessary but sure look what else would you expect from Waterford, Im sure you can agree that yee dont like us and we dont like youse

That comment was just one from numpty. Dosent reflect the views of waterford people as a whole.

That comment was just one from numpty. Dosent reflect the views of waterford people as a whole.

Ok but one thing I will honestly state and I live very close to Waterford myself is that Ive never once met a person from Waterford who has said that they dont hate Kilkenny or wish Kilkenny well. Just an observation and I have lived close to Waterford all my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Giveitfong

alllcounty wrote: »
    Also is Donie Breathnach on the panel does anyone know. He looks like a player that could add to the team in the wing forward position and the league would have been a good place to assess if could stake a place in the team come championship.

I have a feeling Donie Breathnach might be injured. He didn't play in DCU's last Fitzgibbon Cup game, having been their main scorer (mostly from frees) playing at midfield in their previous game. I agree he could be a useful addition to the team up front with his pace, ability in the air and eye for a score. Application could be a problem though. He's also a good free taker, although we have loads of those.

Ok but one thing I will honestly state and I live very close to Waterford myself is that Ive never once met a person from Waterford who has said that they dont hate Kilkenny or wish Kilkenny well. Just an observation and I have lived close to Waterford all my life.

I agree there is a lot of small mindedness on both sides of the border. There is a lot of arrogance and patronising from the kk side aswell. Look, Waterford needs south kilkenny and south kilkenny needs waterford city whether people want to admit it or not.

Hurling is only a game ive a lot of friends from kk aswell but when it comes to talking gaa with them just forget it! If ur not from kk u automatically know nothing about hurling

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭TGV

What kind of f**wit is that clown from Clare feeling sorry for himself no mention of the players apart from a ref to drink he should have been kicked out on his arse after the kk all Ireland

Reading some of the latest stuff he has come out with, he brought the concept of spouting the proverbial bull**** to a whole new level.

I respect what he did with clare last year but it has completely gone to his head now. Worse hes getting

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭Deskjockey

Boo hoo. Like we're really going to wish you well with your thirty odd all Ireland's. I don't hate kk by any means but expecting wd people to wish ye well is a bit much to ask

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Reading some of the latest stuff he has come out with, he brought the concept of spouting the proverbial bull**** to a whole new level.

I respect what he did with clare last year but it has completely gone to his head now. Worse hes getting

Saw Mullane's Laochra Gael where he said after the Munster Final the players just felt he got it wrong on the day and felt he should apologize to the people of Waterford, but he never did that.

In this he makes a slight that "It was my fault the team played badly" as if saying that was the reason Waterford people 'attacked' him, because they believed he was wrong when he didn't feel it himself.

He always had an opinion of himself with his carry on, but his words were a bit more curtailed. Seems a free for all now that he's an all-ireland winning manager.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

1. Stephen O'Keeffe - Ballygunner
    2. Tadgh de Burca - Clashmore/Kinsalebeg
    3. Shane Fives - Carrigtwohill
    4. Noel Connors - Passage
    5. Jamie Nagle - Dungarvan
    6. Michael Walsh (Capt) - Stradbally
    7. Philip Mahony - Ballygunner
    8. Kevin Moran - De La Salle
    9. Shane McNulty - De La Salle
    10. Shane O'Sullivan - Ballygunner
    11. Pauric Mahony - Ballygunner
    12. Stephen Molumphy – Ballyduff Upper
    13. Ryan Donnelly - Dungarvan
    14. Seamus Prendergast - Ardmore
    15. Ray Barry - Lismore

Waterford team for Sunday. Brian O'Sullivan out for Shane McNulty the only change.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭Deise Hurler

1. Stephen O'Keeffe - Ballygunner
    2. Tadgh de Burca - Clashmore/Kinsalebeg
    3. Shane Fives - Carrigtwohill
    4. Noel Connors - Passage
    5. Jamie Nagle - Dungarvan
    6. Michael Walsh (Capt) - Stradbally
    7. Philip Mahony - Ballygunner
    8. Kevin Moran - De La Salle
    9. Shane McNulty - De La Salle
    10. Shane O'Sullivan - Ballygunner
    11. Pauric Mahony - Ballygunner
    12. Stephen Molumphy – Ballyduff Upper
    13. Ryan Donnelly - Dungarvan
    14. Seamus Prendergast - Ardmore
    15. Ray Barry - Lismore

Waterford team for Sunday. Brian O'Sullivan out for Shane McNulty the only change.

That's a good team. Settled back line. Be interesting to see how mcnulty does midfield but its great that he is getting his chance. Good ball winning forward line, and hopefully Mahony Donnelly and Barry can repeat their good performances from the last day. Looking forward to Sunday now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement