Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford GAA Discussion Thread 2013- Mod Warning Post #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

And if waterford were in leinster they still wouldnt have won an all ireland since 63 or whenever it was. best team in the country wins the all ireland, try it sometime.

they won last september:P:P

• Registered Users Posts: 49 OldBoro

Must have been a bad year for Kilkenny in 2013 spotted in a shop in John street today the below. Be in the bargain basement next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭pmy.murphy

its what your future is by and large built on:confused::confused:

that cork team is as good as it'll get imo, back boned by too many average players,
    they should have been beat easily by clare the first day at the all-Ireland,there supporters said as much (well the ones I was sitting beside)

Thats a young Cork team to be fair. They will come again especially with the dual players coming back. Aidan Walsh is an absolute beast. Just because yee won one minor all ireland doesnt mean yee are destined for greatness or anything. Look at all the underage All Irelands Galway have won over the years and have they translated it to senior. No they havent

pmy.murphy wrote: »
    Yeh a minor All Ireland get real considering yee lost twice in the championship. Dunno how yee pulled that off anyway

not many minor teams go to cork come back from ten points down and win

that was some team,they should never have lost the munster final that day in limerick,threw it away tbh

they won last september:P:P

Waterford win one minor all ireland and suddenly their the best thing since the sliced pan. Its called minor for a reason ye know

• Advertisement

Thats a young Cork team to be fair. They will come again especially with the dual players coming back. Aidan Walsh is an absolute beast. Just because yee won one minor all ireland doesnt mean yee are destined for greatness or anything. Look at all the underage All Irelands Galway have won over the years and have they translated it to senior. No they havent

never said they were distained for greatness...just cork over achieved theyl not come close this year to a all Ireland apparence

put it this way in next five years who do you think will win more all Irelands clare or cork???

Sure if yee were decent neighbours yee probably should do. All yee seem to do is begrudge us and make little of our achievements by picking them apart the whole time (ie. yee had refs on yere side, yere on the way down, such and such a team had no backs and as some other clown mentioned previously, the false modesty in interviews etc), that sort of crap I hear from Waterford people the whole time.
    Waterford win one minor all ireland and suddenly their the best thing since the sliced pan. Its called minor for a reason ye know

continue troll:cool:??

never said they were distained for greatness...just cork over achieved theyl not come close this year to a all Ireland apparence

put it this way in next five years who do you think will win more all Irelands clare or cork???

I think it will be even between the two. Judging Cork on the league is stupid really. Personally I think Cork will be a force this year. I will answer that question once the championship is over. Certainly Cork will be a different team this year with the dual players back. Still taking nothing away from Clare, they will win All Irelands thats for sure but I think Cork will too. 9 years is a very long time for a team like Cork not to win one. They are due one. That Cork V Dublin game in last years All Ireland semi was one of the best games I have seen in a long time, a great game played by two teams who played really well

I think it will be even between the two. Judging Cork on the league is stupid really. Personally I think Cork will be a force this year. I will answer that question once the championship is over. Certainly Cork will be a different team this year with the dual players back. Still taking nothing away from Clare, they will win All Irelands thats for sure but I think Cork will too. 9 years is a very long time for a team like Cork not to win one. They are due one

while it may be straying abit off topic here...I honestly cant see cork winning any for at least 4-5 years, while clare will win many,i think it'll be between them and Kilkenny the next year or two
    where Waterford will fit is all up-in-air
    none the less they will be ahead of cork in 3-4 years in the pecking order

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭seananigans

I have a problem alright:rolleyes::rolleyes:
    I go to see a game of hurling not to spat at,jeered people coming up laughing into other supporters faces (alright that didn't happen me,seen it happen last year in thurles)
    tipp supporters are gents compared to them-this coming from someone who would be regulary out in carrick-on-suir-still love to beat them though

I often go to matches .,usually on my own,and chat with whoever's beside me,I find the Cork lads the best craic and banter, tipp the most insight and limerick are nice but theres always a few soccer hooligans who got lost ( sometimes this happens with cork) .wexford people tend to be pragmatic and u have no major opionion of the rest.

KK? spoiled brats,used to getting what they want and have a meltdown if they dont get it, likr the spoiled child in the playground teasing everyone who hasn't sweets .

• Advertisement

while it may be straying abit off topic here...I honestly cant see cork winning any for at least 4-5 years, while clare will win many,i think it'll be between them and Kilkenny the next year or two
    where Waterford will fit is all up-in-air
    none the less they will be ahead of cork in 3-4 years in the pecking order

Ill agree with you there although where we will be after those 2-3 years I just dont know but Cork certainly wont be far off, they have all the ingredients there with the forwards they have, the likes of Lehane, Horgan, Harnedy, Cronin and then ya have Aidan Walsh to add to that. Cadogan will be a big boost to their full back line too. Christopher Joyce is a very good hurler I think and a player I would rate highly and with a county with that sort of tradition they could reappear in the blink of an eye and win an All Ireland even this year I wouldnt put it past them. Dont underestimate Cork thats all Im saying

Ill agree with you there although where we will be after those 2-3 years I just dont know but Cork certainly wont be far off, they have all the ingredients there with the forwards they have, the likes of Lehane, Horgan, Harnedy, Cronin and then ya have Aidan Walsh to add to that. Cadogan will be a big boost to their full back line too. Christopher Joyce is a very good hurler I think and a player I would rate highly and with a county with that sort of tradition they could reappear in the blink of an eye and win an All Ireland even this year I wouldnt put it past them. Dont underestimate Cork thats all Im saying

I wonder myself for Kilkenny where they will go when shefflin retires...he is an unbelievably big player for them, they would have prob got over the line for the five in a row,if he hadn't got injured tbh...you could see how they struggled without him last year!!
    as for cork take lehane and moreso horgan out of that forward line,there nothing exceptional,havent got a chance to see that joyce playing for them yet,so il not comment...ya there tradition is unreal...snuck into an all Ireland last year took Waterford ten years of trying

enough about cork........bring on Dublin walsh park sunday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭robopaddy

I remember in 2010 after the match, a Tipp fan turning to me on the hill after the match and shaking my hand commiserating and saying we would be back.

ahhhh how nice. Im sure hed have done the exact same the year before in 09 after the ref stole ye an all ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭dzilla

haha toothless cider drinkers.

Sure ya'd need something ta wash down the ribs and blaas boy!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Brad1234

Well this has turned into a load of nonsense.. You follow your own team and that's pretty much it.. Who cares if you aren't like or don't get enough praise that's society as a whole.

Onto Sunday I can see McNulty move to half forward with Shane Sul back out to middle of the field. i know McNulty is a kid who you can put anywhere and possibly Wing Back/Midfield is his best spot but id be surprised if Mac breaks up the midfield partnership between Moran and Shane.. If anything id never more Shane out of midfield i think that's where you get the best of him. Id move McNulty out with him as Shane would guide him through his first start and possibly play Moran half forward.. Been a bit disappointed with Moran so far i think he has become a little bit one dimensional and teams have been swarming him in both league games. If he is going to continue that head down run at every opportunity half forward committing defenders is probably the best way to utilize him..

Looking forward to the game now.. Pity Dillon isn't starting the confidence boost he would have got the weekend will put a real spring in his step but again puts a seed of doubt to all guys that you're no longer a certainty which is a good thing.

Love to see Donal Breathnach get a run before the league is out.. If he could become more spatially aware and rid of the small club I've to do it all myself mentality i think we are on to a fella with huge attributes.. Massively tall, strong quick. great striker.

Brad1234 wrote: »
    Well this has turned into a load of nonsense.. You follow your own team and that's pretty much it.. Who cares if you aren't like or don't get enough praise that's society as a whole.

Onto Sunday I can see McNulty move to half forward with Shane Sul back out to middle of the field. i knowledge McNulty is a kid who you can put anywhere and possibly Wing Back/Midfield is his best spot but id be surprised if Mac breaks up the midfield partnership between Moran and Shane.. If anything id never more Shane out of midfield i think that's where you get the best of him. Id move McNulty out with him as Shane would guide him through his first start and possibly play Moran half forward.. Been a bit disappointed with Moran so far i think he has become a little bit one dimensional and teams have been swarming him in both league games. If he is going to continue that head down run at every opportunity half forward committing defenders is probably the best way to utilize him..

Looking forward to the game now.. Pity Dillon isn't starting the confidence boost he would have got the weekend will put a real spring in his step but again puts a seed of doubt to all guys that you're no longer a certainty which is a good thing.

Love to see Donal Breathnach get a run before the league is out.. If he could become more spatially aware and rid of the small club I've to do it all myself mentality i think we are on to a fella with huge attributes.. Massively tall, strong quick. great striker.

Whats ur opinion on shane o sullivan? Hes been around the block a fair bit at dis stage he made his debut v kk in the AI semi in 04 thats 10 years ago now and I still dont really know what to make of him. when he lets the ball go first time he can be class but more often than not his instinct seems to be to run with the ball yet he seems to lack that strength and guile to get away from his man and before u know it he has 3 or 4 lads crowded around him and ends up losing it. Is it just me or does this happen quite regularly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭deiseach

It's true for ya, but the example provided by pmy.murphy suggests the Kilkenny lads crave the approval of others. They can't simply have the most decorated player in the history of the game, he must also have never been sent off in his career and they go into meltdown if anything sullies that image (NB I don't think the man himself was too exercised by it). pmy.murphy is such a case that I suspect someone here is being a sock puppet Cat.

deiseach wrote: »
    It's true for ya, but the example provided by pmy.murphy suggests the Kilkenny lads crave the approval of others. They can't simply have the most decorated player in the history of the game, he must also have never been sent off in his career and they go into meltdown if anything sullies that image (NB I don't think the man himself was too exercised by it). pmy.murphy is such a case that I suspect someone here is being a sock puppet Cat.

Who cares what he or anyone thinks! All Petty arguments.. We have an ignorant brigade, they have one.. They want acclaim from all they wont get simple..

Who cares what he or anyone thinks! All Petty arguments.. We have an ignorant brigade, they have one.. They want acclaim from all they wont get simple..

Ah, you're no fun ;)

robopaddy wrote: »
    Whats ur opinion on shane o sullivan? Hes been around the block a fair bit at dis stage he made his debut v kk in the AI semi in 04 thats 10 years ago now and I still dont really know what to make of him. when he lets the ball go first time he can be class but more often than not his instinct seems to be to run with the ball yet he seems to lack that strength and guile to get away from his man and before u know it he has 3 or 4 lads crowded around him and ends up losing it. Is it just me or does this happen quite regularly

His delivery into the forwards is second to none in the team and his striking is top class but yeah at times instead of letting it go quick he holds onto it draws the tackle which doesn't suit his game as he isn't the fastest in the world to get away from people and then gets bottled up. The day down in Thurles v Limerick in a replay a few years ago was his benchmark and he has hit that in patches here and there but never to that height but more of a consistent Level just below that. I think he is a great link for a more of a bombing up and down midfielder he holds the 40's well and his awareness is probably his biggest attribute. I feel he has become to much a team player instead of having a pop from midfield tries to deliver ball in when a pop is on. I feel him and Molomphy are probably the best combination in the squad as Molomphy loves to motor and the season Ryan put him back out the middle it was no coincidence he was outstanding. What i love about Stevie is his anticipation of things, its the reason why i can never understand why he is ever put in the corner or full line as its more stop start in there..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭seananigans

Solid dependable not injury prone and of to pare off a tunning point from the midfield but seems to be missing them when he tries lately.he never has his name mentioned for the wring reason other than for hail Marys

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Can we keep this on Waterford now please, just deleted a load of off topic stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭cul beag

Ballysaggart have lost their appeal over the All Ireland final. No explanation given according to the Irish Examiner just a 2 lined email confirming the decision.............Cue the discussion here to hit overload during the day ðŸ˜

I knew there'd be arse-covering regarding Ballysaggart, but I didn't think it'd be that shameless!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,823 ✭✭✭deisedude

Disgraceful there isn't an explanation. Might aswell have sent Ballysaggart a letter with 2 fingers up drawn on it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,505 ✭✭✭blue note

Pathetic from GAA. So I assume teams can play 16 year olds in semis and finals from now on? And can they transfer players for these too? If some club offered me the chance to play in an AI semi final I'd be tempted.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭Deskjockey

Pathetic.

Ballysaggart have been completely hung out to dry in all this.

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭cul beag

Ballysaggart have been completely hung out to dry in all this.

Very badly handled from Croke Park. I'll wait to hear their official explanation(if there is one!)before I comment further but if they're using the fact that the appeal was too late then that's a cop out. Will be interesting what ruling will be made so this doesn't happen in the future.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

jack o shea taking a break due to his posts over the last few days.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement