Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you care about uniting Ireland?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Leftist

thats true, to a country with a sectarian monarchy

so why do you support celtic then?

Do you understand the point? you brought up the epl rags thing and now your falling all over yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,771 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

And sheep are more concerned with their EPL red rags

Why do sheep need red rags? Sure haven't they got wool to keep them warm?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

[-0-] wrote: »
    Not this crap again.

Queue overwhelming amount in favour of leaving things as they are because they're a bunch of lazy ignorant good for nothings who are a disgrace to their ancestors and who only care about their own lives. Don't give a toss about civil rights issues of others in this country.

The majority of people in Ireland don't even take to the streets despite having evidence of being screwed, literally, by bankers.

This country is a joke, and you should all be ashamed of yourselves.

Sky Sports generation scumbags.

Better than the selfish idiots who want a UI at any cost even at the price of innocents dying just to see some romantic notion of Ireland realized.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

Or

Some of us knew people that were mindlessly butchered by murderous scumbags on both sides and we know that idealistic pipedreams and the pandering to neanderthals and criminal thugs isn't fcuking worth it!

You make absolutely no sense.

Ireland's history is riddled with death. Cromwell killed thousands, the people he didn't kill he exiled Connaught. The majority of those people died on the journey as they had to walk it in the height of winter. He also sent a huge amount as slaves to Barbados. There were more Irish slaves than African slaves at that point. There were over a million killed in the famine, despite the English sending thousands (literally) of our cattle to the UK every week. There were thousands killed between 1913 up through the civil war which started in 1922.

All of that could have been prevented if it wasn't for our barbarous neighbours. Not reclaiming a part of our country where Irish people are treated unfairly, discriminated against, because people were murdered on both sides of the conflict is a ridiculous point of view. It's not a idealistic pipe dream, the pendulum is swinging that way and the mainland UK no longer want the north.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 503 ✭✭✭dublinbhoy88

Leftist wrote: »
    so why do you support celtic then?

Do you understand the point? you brought up the epl rags thing and now your falling all over yourself.
    if you dont know why irish people support celtic you obviously know zero about football

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭timthumbni

Go on admit it. You love to watch the pomp of a royal wedding on tv.

You wld probably like Harry too, if you ever went on a pub crawl with him. He would probably even laugh when you kept calling him Harry Windsor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭Sir Humphrey Appleby

Couldn't be any more sectarian than the "ra" throughout its history!
    You do know that SF was founded by a virulent anti-semite, and that the ra throughout its history hunted down and murdered people because of their religion.
    Or did you learn your history from listening to a wolfe tones tribute band in the Players lounge?

Why do sheep need red rags? Sure haven't they got wool to keep them warm?
    Baa..!

Better than the selfish idiots who want a UI at any cost even at the price of innocents dying just to see some romantic notion of Ireland realized.

You're ill informed. People want a United Ireland so EVERYONE in the north is treated fairly and equally. That does not happen at present, and the sooner you clowns realize this the better.

• Administrators Posts: 53,648 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

if you dont know why irish people support celtic you obviously know zero about football

Stop digging.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26 bullhits

Irishmen want a united Ireland , free staters and west brits want the status quo, no surprise with the poll results though

There was a poll in the Irish Times this year, something like 80% would pay extra taxes for a United Ireland.

I'm all for a United Ireland, great social and economic benefits are to be had.
    • It will get rid of the unnecessary duplication of public services, there's already a lot of cross-border co-operation anyway.
    • The six counties will benefit from a better education system.
    • There will hopefully be an improvement in the health service across the island with a merger, the WHO ranks Britain one place above Ireland.
    • The organised crime and tax evasion that occurs due to the border will be greatly reduced, bringing more money into government coffers.
    • One national football team will be more competitive than the two separate teams.
    • An All-Ireland association football league will be much stronger than having two separate leagues.

• Administrators Posts: 53,648 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

That does not happen at present, and the sooner you clowns realize this the better.

How?

40, 50, 60 years ago sure.

Now? Nonsense.

awec wrote: »
    Stop digging.
    or what? do you tell everybody what to do

They're a British club that likes to pretend it's an Irish club. Everyone knows that its still a British and foreign club despite whatever tenuous links it claims with Ireland.

Its funny that some people see supporting Celtic as more Irish than supporting an actual Irish club.

awec wrote: »
    How?

40, 50, 60 years ago sure.

Now? Nonsense.

Your minority are still making the lives of the Irish in the north a disaster. There's enough evidence in previous threads which demonstrates this. There really is no need to go over it again. It's well established at this point.

You're ill informed. People want a United Ireland so EVERYONE in the north is treated fairly and equally. That does not happen at present, and the sooner you clowns realize this the better.

Ok so everyone will be treated fairly in a UI and everyone will be happy and the prince will marry the princess and the ugly duckling turns into a swan and everyone lives happily ever after in the magical UI fairyland.

When you're ready to join the rest of us "clowns" we'll be waiting over here in the real world.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Leftist

I know a lot more than you it seems.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Brackety named dude banned.

Lets not take things down to personal swipes please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

I hate to inform those people that think we should have a UI that we cant pay people on patriotism so I dont know how you expect it to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

Does a United Ireland matter to you?

Absolutely last thing on earth I could possibly give a **** about.

Don't want or need either sides hatred and bigotry down here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭9959

Brackety named dude banned.

Lets not take things down to personal swipes please.

No comment to make on the banning, good, bad or indifferent, but 'Brackety named dude' is funny, thanks for the laugh!

They're a British club that likes to pretend it's an Irish club. Everyone knows that its still a British and foreign club despite whatever tenuous links it claims with Ireland.

Its funny that some people see supporting Celtic as more Irish than supporting an actual Irish club.
    irish clubs and associations all over the world is there not,is there no indian restaurants in ireland as ireland is not in india, why dont you post in the irish language instead of a foreign one

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

I don't get this. Why do people try to tie in Politics and Sports together? It's why I can't stand the GAA at all.

Lets go and throw out all our cd's of English artists, and only watch Irish produced movies as well.

It's all nonsense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 bullhits

Celtic is a British football club with Irish roots. I follow a League of Ireland club, I live in Britain at the moment, there's nothing wrong with Irish people supporting Celtic or any other football club.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

irish clubs and associations all over the world is there not,is there no indian restaurants in ireland as ireland is not in india, why dont you post in the irish language instead of a foreign one
    :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

How much Irish do you speak? Native? Fluent? Near-fluent?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

They're neither. They're a Scottish club. Britain/UK doesn't exist as a FIFA member association

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭Sir Humphrey Appleby

Because English is the most widely spoken language in this country;)

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Christ the Redeemer

Absolutely not. In fact, I am opposed to it.

• Advertisement

I'm not the one trying to create standards for what makes people Irish. I know i'm Irish and don't feel a need to prove my Irishness to anyone.
    bullhits wrote: »
    Celtic is a British football club with Irish roots. I follow a League of Ireland club, I live in Britain at the moment, there's nothing wrong with Irish people supporting Celtic or any other football club.

There's nothing wrong with it. It's Celtic fans who deem that following Celtic makes them somehow more Irish i have a problem with.

Advertisement