Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does racism automatically make someone a bad person?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

What flood you say? Ireland has had it pretty easy so far, but Sweden and the UK have not. Crime rates and rape rates have shot up in those countries as a result of immigrants (they commit crime at a much higher rate), and whites are becoming a minority too. No joke.
    Unless you can back that up with solid facts, then that's just plain racism.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

What flood you say? Ireland has had it pretty easy so far, but Sweden and the UK have not. Crime rates and rape rates have shot up in those countries as a result of immigrants (they commit crime at a much higher rate), and whites are becoming a minority too. No joke.

Is that no the issue of the socio-economic background of the immigrants themselves? Are crime rates higher for more well to do immigrants in those countries?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Correlation does not imply causation.

Please back up statments like this with facts

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Leftist

http://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2012/dec/11/census-2011-religion-race-education
    UK 86% White

:D how do people like this even try to respect themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Clandestine

humanji wrote: »
    Unless you can back that up with solid facts, then that's just plain racism.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_London
    Read the "race and crime section". Blacks make up 10% of London's population

"Immigrants are overrepresented in Sweden's crime statistics. In a study by the Swedish National Council for Crime Prevention in 1997-2001, 25% of the almost 1,520,000 offences were found to be committed by people born abroad, while almost 20% were committed by Swedish-born people with a foreign background. In the study, immigrants were found to be four times more likely to be investigated for lethal violence and robbery than ethnic Swedes. In addition, immigrants were three times more likely to be investigated for violent assault, and five times more likely to be investigated for sex crimes. Those from North Africa and Western Asia were overrepresented." Immigrants born outside Sweden make up 14% of Sweden's population

Just two examples. I'll update this when I find more

• Advertisement

http://www.ethnicity.ac.uk/census/869_CCSR_Bulletin_How_has_ethnic_diversity_grown_v4NW.pdf
    White British:
    1991-93%
    2001-87%
    2011-80%

That is a huge and worrying drop imo

80%? dangerously close to a minority.

As for Sweden's poultry 86% white populace? dear me, they are down to their last numbers.
    Does it hurt when you try to spell your name?

Leftist wrote: »

As for Sweden's poultry 86% white populace? dear me, they are down to their last numbers.
    Do you not realise this is occurring at a fast but steady rate? The population is not going to disappear next year, but in 20-30 years who knows where it'll be?

Do you not realise this is occurring at a fast but steady rate? The population is not going to disappear next year, but in 20-30 years who knows where it'll be?

Probably still around unless they died.

I certainly hope it's educated to a degree that it views opinions like yours like we today view opinions based on physical anthropology.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Dostoevsky

Why bother being a sarcastic prick with your answer? Challenge the post's content or find some other discussion. Making cheap shots like that is thanks-whoring at its most cringeworthy and does nothing for those of us interested enough in this issue to read this thread, but who are not knowledgeable enough yet to comment about it.

• Advertisement

Dostoevsky wrote: »
    Why bother being a sarcastic prick with your answer? Challenge the post's content or don't. Making cheap shots like that is thanks-whoring at its most cringeworthy and does nothing for those of us interested enough in this issue to read this thread, but who are not knowledgeable enough yet to comment about it.

I refuse to believe that!!

The population will still be there. You'll know them by the way they live there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

biko wrote: »
    There was no real ethnic difference between the Tutsis and the Hutus, and they got along most of the time.
    But one day the Hutus killed about a million Tutsis.
    Racist crime?

In the mind of the Hutus it was, for which one can greatly blame the Belgians. Some reading is required on your part.

Dostoevsky wrote: »
    Why bother being a sarcastic prick with your answer? Challenge the post's content or find some other discussion. Making cheap shots like that is thanks-whoring at its most cringeworthy and does nothing for those of us interested enough in this issue to read this thread, but who are not knowledgeable enough yet to comment about it.
    And you stop insulting other users and back-seat modding.

tiger55 wrote: »

A MOB ////injuries.
    One man -- a Dublin........to light now.
    http://www.herald.ie/news/race-hate-gang-in-temple-bar-orgy-of-violence-27984181.html

There was no evidence that race was a factor in that, whatsoever.
    tiger55 wrote: »
    So immigrants are allowed to flood into Ireland and its racism to object to this

.....do please explain this, as its news to the rest of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Thomas20

In the mind of a white anti-racist, 5 or 10% brown in a white country is not enough, that much can be evidenced in this thread.

Thomas20 wrote: »
    In the mind of a white anti-racist, 5 or 10% brown in a white country is not enough, that much can be evidenced in this thread.

....wha?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,437 ✭✭✭tritium

Nodin wrote: »

From reading the report the 'official source' seems to indicate that they believe this is a race motivated incident. Do you have reason to cast doubt on this?

tritium wrote: »
    From reading the report the 'official source' seems to indicate that they believe this is a race motivated incident. Do you have reason to cast doubt on this?

....there's no evidence of it whatsoever, no other paper reported it. The "source" was anonymous, no victim is quoted as being racially abused by the members of the gang.....it was a series of violent muggings.

http://www.herald.ie/news/race-hate-...-27984181.html

But I bet if it were white thugs beating on black folk , it would have been a race crime, right Nodin???

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Jake1 wrote: »

But I bet if it were white thugs beating on black folk , it would have been a race crime, right Nodin???

Why? White people can't mug without being racist?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,437 ✭✭✭tritium

....there's no evidence of it whatsoever, no other paper reported it. The "source" was anonymous, no victim is quoted as being racially abused by the members of the gang.....it was a series of violent muggings.

OK so you're giving the benefit if the doubt. Can I (genuinely) ask, if the story was five white kids who had attacked various black people on a crime spree, would you give the same benefit of doubt?

tritium wrote: »
    OK so you're giving the benefit if the doubt. Can I (genuinely) ask, if the story was five white kids who had attacked various black people on a crime spree, would you give the same benefit of doubt?

...that would depend on a number of things - was there racist abuse? were there only black people in the area? and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Henlars67

I agree with you there. There isn't the evidence to suggest it was definitely race related so therefore nobody should really go accusing the gang of racism.

Funny though, that on the other thread, where there was also no definitive evidence of racism against a well known black person you insisted that it was race related.

You seem to think that only white people can be racist. That sounds like racism to me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Why? White people can't mug without being racist?

Well it certainly would have raised suspicions and may have been officially catagorised as one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭crockholm

Does it hurt when you try to spell your name?

Leave Sweden's poultry out of this,they've enough to be worrying with christmas being just around the corner.

jank wrote: »
    Well it certainly would have raised suspicions and may have been officially catagorised as one.

.....it may have had aliens involved, given we're talking about something that didn't happen.
    henlars67 wrote:
    Funny though, that on the other thread....

...if you want to discuss the other thread, I'd suggest that's the place for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,367 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

My Grandfather is heading for the century, grew up in the middle of Dublin. One day in Balbriggan he shouts out (he's quite deaf) 'Look at all the ****!'. He's not a bad person, but he can't change at this stage. I'm sure anyone who heard could have taken offence.

The first black person I ever met was a mate of my Dad's from Malawi. I asked him how long he would have to live in Ireland before he turned white. A kid these days wouldn't ask that question but back then people were leaving the country, not moving in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Itwasntme.

biko wrote: »
    There was no real ethnic difference between the Tutsis and the Hutus, and they got along most of the time.
    But one day the Hutus killed about a million Tutsis.
    Racist crime?

False. I am a Tutsi and there is an ethnic difference between Hutus and Tutsis. Yes, those lines have been blurred by intermarriages over time but we are ethnically different. Recent history books will tell you that this is not the case and that Hutu and Tutsi is an economic dichotomy engineered by the Belgians to further their own agenda but most of those books were not written by Rwandans and their knowledge of our history is very limited. Rwandan oral history tells a different story.

We also did not 'get along' most of the time and neither did it just happen that one day the Hutus decided to annihilate all Tutsis. And while we are all of the same race, it was most definitely a hate crime along the lines of a racist crime.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Friend Computer

jank wrote: »

Don't be silly, Jank, there isn't a history of systemic discrimination against black people! That's all a fantastical re-writing of history, created by the liberal-commie alliance to dupe innocent young men into leaving their pure white women to be corrupted!

Advertisement